Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Tavern Talk - If you could pick one new...

• 394 posts
    January 18, 2022 8:52 AM PST

It does seem odd Paladin only has 2 options, or maybe that makes it feel more exclusive.

• 888 posts
    January 18, 2022 9:15 AM PST

Lore-wise, the following should be allowed:

Gnome Monk: The first three words in the Gnome description are "ENIGMATIC AND ISOLATED", which sounds as monkish as you can get. It makes sense that a race with physical 'challenges' would turn to a very intelligent and disciplined method of compensating for their weaknesses.

Ogre Ranger: Ogres seem very tribalistic / nomadic, and Ranger is a perfect fit for that.

Dark Myr Paladin: Dogmatic, rigid, and inflexible isa perfect description of Dark Myr and of Paladins. I think this combo makes the most sense and am interested in playing it, but since it's so obvious, I expect it to be offered in the first game expansion.

This post was edited by Counterfleche at February 5, 2022 10:17 AM PST
    • 1860 posts
    January 18, 2022 1:34 PM PST

Just for easy reference so people know what is already intended (we can add Archai Summoner to this as we have been told it will be included):

This post was edited by philo at January 18, 2022 11:10 PM PST
    • 810 posts
    January 18, 2022 8:31 PM PST
    Darkmyr should have every class just like humans. In particular I think they should have rangers. They have druids and warrior already plus the trope of the high awareness ranger will now have a boost to seeing stealthers and insight.

Give us the underwater crossbow ranger!
    • 16 posts
    January 19, 2022 8:21 PM PST

After seeing some of the armor I am thinking of playing Ranger instead of Enchanter, but I won't unless literally any other race is allowed to pick Ranger besides the ones currently allowed. Playing a human in an MMO is prosaic to me, elf/ranger is cliche, and I want people to be able to see the armor without adjusting their screen resolution so halfling is out.

• 326 posts
    January 19, 2022 8:33 PM PST

With assurances from Kilsin that the content is deep and wide, I will suggest here that the imbalance between goody two-shoe races and the bad boys is off a skosh.

Therefore and thusly, Archai and Dwarves could use an epic turncoat questline to go over to the Darkside, gaining the ability to choose Direlord or Necro. 

Thanks, Philo for slapping up the race to class matrix.

• 67 posts
    January 20, 2022 6:04 AM PST

Skar Ranger - Because it makes sense?

• 624 posts
    January 20, 2022 7:37 AM PST

Gnome cleric. 'Cause the encounter-suited folk from Skyhold should be able to channel that mystical energy for healing as well as arcane party tricks.

This post was edited by Kumu at January 20, 2022 8:10 AM PST
    • 124 posts
    January 22, 2022 10:06 AM PST

Skar Bard (imagine bard speed if it stacked with the Skar group speed), Archai Necromancer (glowy death machine), or maybe some kind of Witch class, like a hybrid of Necromancer and Shaman (not sure if that makes sense, but it seems cool to me!).

This post was edited by Shadowbound at January 22, 2022 10:08 AM PST
    • 520 posts
    February 5, 2022 4:19 AM PST

Personally i'd be interested in either Archai Summoner or Gnome Monk.

Dark Myr Paladin and Ogre Ranger seem nice as well though.

This post was edited by Hegenox at February 5, 2022 4:22 AM PST
    • 256 posts
    February 5, 2022 12:45 PM PST

I would probably say Archai Summoner based on how their culture ties in with the elements.

• 80 posts
    February 5, 2022 12:53 PM PST

Also going with Dark Myr Ranger. I loved dual-wielding since ad&d 2nd edition all the way to 5E but usually rangers are restricted to good alignment. A Dark Myr Ranger with evil alignment would be a whirlwind of blades to his foes, WITH a dark heart!

• 112 posts
    February 6, 2022 10:03 PM PST

Kilsin said:

Tavern Talk - If you could pick one new Pantheon Class and Race combination, what would it be and why? #MMORPG#CommunityMatters

Cleric/ Ogre....   hey ogres can have compassion for others at times :).

• 119 posts
    February 9, 2022 3:00 PM PST

Ogre Bard

Because - Ogre headbanging animation

• 21 posts
    February 11, 2022 1:11 PM PST

Elf Monk! Elves might not be the strongest race but they definitely come off as nimble, quick, and meditative. To me, monks have more to do with speed and precision rather than raw strength, especially since a lot of their inner strength comes from their energy source (in this case, chi). 

• 200 posts
    February 12, 2022 10:39 AM PST

An elven cleric would be really nice. Now i am forced to play a druid or shaman. :( Because i will play an elven and i also must play a healer as the main class. :)

Cheers

This post was edited by Larirawiel at February 12, 2022 11:25 AM PST
    • 220 posts
    February 22, 2022 12:33 AM PST

i would like all the race to be able to play all the jobs. I've never did like games with gender lock or race job locked but because of the genre is so diluted with garbage that Pantheon is the only MMO I'm looking forward to playing and committed to even when it is race job lock.