Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Tavern Talk - World-first record in an MMORPG?

• 252 posts
    January 12, 2022 12:54 PM PST

No, I have never gotten a world or server first, maybe not even a guild first. I just like enjoying interesting content, I'm OK if other people have done it first.

As far as holding people in high regard for server firsts, the answer is also no. I hold people in high regard for things that I see as beneficial to the community. Are they helpful? Are they fun to play with? Are they highly skilled in their class and willing to mentor? Are the good in a pinch, helping to bring home the win? These kinds of things are what affect my opinion of someone positively.

• 258 posts
    January 12, 2022 10:58 PM PST

Ruinar said:

No, I have never gotten a world or server first, maybe not even a guild first. I just like enjoying interesting content, I'm OK if other people have done it first.

As far as holding people in high regard for server firsts, the answer is also no. I hold people in high regard for things that I see as beneficial to the community. Are they helpful? Are they fun to play with? Are they highly skilled in their class and willing to mentor? Are the good in a pinch, helping to bring home the win? These kinds of things are what affect my opinion of someone positively.

You're totally right. One thing I can only say is whether that person has an ego about having a world first or not is not up to me to decide which treatment that person gets from me. I admire anyone who works to get somewhere and because at least I can congratulate someone for their hard work.

Now, I'm all about community and I know very well, that, with an established group of people it is possible to achieve great things and this is not just in the gaming scene but in a social setting as well. I'll prefer a great community that puts in all their humble effort to get success. Because as anything that you put dedication and the time to get somehwere is one of the greatest feeling of accomplishment, and ... that, is worth congratulating someone about.

• 2137 posts
    January 12, 2022 11:55 PM PST

BigBadAzz1 said:

Because as anything that you put dedication and the time to get somehwere is one of the greatest feeling of accomplishment, and ... that, is worth congratulating someone about.

This totally.

• 69 posts
    January 14, 2022 10:07 PM PST

The only similar "acheivement" I had was a server first. I was on Brell and I was in the first raid group to kill Venril Sathir. This was purely a spontaneous thing. I was never a hard core type of player, but did put in many hours of grouping and some raiding.