Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Say It With Your Chest

• 295 posts
    January 9, 2022 9:08 PM PST

What kind of player will you be in Terminus? There is no right or wrong answer here, just everyone sharing their honest thoughts.

I'm a conundrum of being very helpful to being a loner just wanting to craft and explore without any clear objectives...depending on my day. Overall though, when I enter Terminus(as I entered these forums), I will be a personage of good deeds in whatever class I play. I'm accommodating, but will cut you off with a quickness if you mistreat others or do selfish things(yes that's subjective). 

#FactionsMatter

I have fond memories of, after completing all the quests there, being in the Wetlands of Azeroth(WoW) and staying there for a week or more just helping others complete those elite dwarf quests. I just simply enjoyed logging in and hearing folks call out for groups against those elites and coming to the their aid on my Holy Priest or Holy Paladin. Or, hanging around Raven Hill Cemetary on my Paladin coming to the aid of players against the swarms of Undead there. Not caring about advancing or loot, just helping. Other times, I'm trying to advance my characters or make gold to buy some of the components or gear that only came from Raids and such, since I didn't raid. I always tried to enter new zones at the lowest level possible and finish the quests so I could stay there and help folks. I very much preferred to do so within the level of of the zone and shunned trivializing content by 'carrying' folks. That made it still interesting and a little dangerous, but very enjoyable. Reading the zone channel and responding to the many calls for groups or help with elite mobs was relaxing to me. 

I am very much looking forward to doing the same thing in Terminus. Buffing random players. Seeing a player near death and throwing a heal. Being a Paladin and hanging out in the Mad Moor(or some other nefarious area)helping folks deal with undead and the many monstrosities there will be exciting and dangerous, but I will be there with my holy weapons, shining armor and blessed spells assiting my fellow adventurers. Yes, I know how I may sound to some. I make a conscious choice to be that way when I log on. The real world has a lot going on, so it will be rewarding to enter Terminus and be that helpful, righteous and dependable Paladin/Cleric. One would think I'm a role player, but I'm actually not.  

I'm laughing as I type this because I know there will be folks who are the opposite and think me foolish and naive for my stance and look forward to spreading misery to others in Terminus. All I will say that it takes all types to bring life into Pantheon...don't start no trouble and there won't be no trouble(insert cheeky smile)...and Happy Gaming.

• 258 posts
    January 9, 2022 9:46 PM PST

Dikenzu said:

What kind of player will you be in Terminus? There is no right or wrong answer here, just everyone sharing their honest thoughts.

I'm a conundrum of being very helpful to being a loner just wanting to craft and explore without any clear objectives...depending on my day. Overall though, when I enter Terminus(as I entered these forums), I will be a personage of good deeds in whatever class I play. I'm accommodating, but will cut you off with a quickness if you mistreat others or do selfish things(yes that's subjective). 

#FactionsMatter

I have fond memories of, after completing all the quests there, being in the Wetlands of Azeroth(WoW) and staying there for a week or more just helping others complete those elite dwarf quests. I just simply enjoyed logging in and hearing folks call out for groups against those elites and coming to the their aid on my Holy Priest or Holy Paladin. Or, hanging around Raven Hill Cemetary on my Paladin coming to the aid of players against the swarms of Undead there. Not caring about advancing or loot, just helping. Other times, I'm trying to advance my characters or make gold to buy some of the components or gear that only came from Raids and such, since I didn't raid. I always tried to enter new zones at the lowest level possible and finish the quests so I could stay there and help folks. I very much preferred to do so within the level of of the zone and shunned trivializing content by 'carrying' folks. That made it still interesting and a little dangerous, but very enjoyable. Reading the zone channel and responding to the many calls for groups or help with elite mobs was relaxing to me. 

I am very much looking forward to doing the same thing in Terminus. Buffing random players. Seeing a player near death and throwing a heal. Being a Paladin and hanging out in the Mad Moor(or some other nefarious area)helping folks deal with undead and the many monstrosities there will be exciting and dangerous, but I will be there with my holy weapons, shining armor and blessed spells assiting my fellow adventurers. Yes, I know how I may sound to some. I make a conscious choice to be that way when I log on. The real world has a lot going on, so it will be rewarding to enter Terminus and be that helpful, righteous and dependable Paladin/Cleric. One would think I'm a role player, but I'm actually not.  

I'm laughing as I type this because I know there will be folks who are the opposite and think me foolish and naive for my stance and look forward to spreading misery to others in Terminus. All I will say that it takes all types to bring life into Pantheon...don't start no trouble and there won't be no trouble(insert cheeky smile)...and Happy Gaming.

Dude, great post! LUL I'm on the same boat with that one bro XD

• 67 posts
    January 10, 2022 6:06 PM PST

I like playing on PVP servers and trolling everyone, building a terrible reputation and making everyone hate me. 

I enjoy this for two reasons:

1. My name lives in infamy for a long long time.
    2. It unites the server / guilds against a common enemy.
    3. Its fun to be the bad guy.

Interestingly enough, one of my best friends now - we met in a PVP MUD. We didnt know that we both went to the same High School. For a whole year I terrorized him in game. Killing him every chance I got. But he never quit or gave up. Then he got stronger and started to give me a real fight and got to the point I had to start running from him. We met one day in High School and started talking about games and MUDS and then we realized we were nemesises in the game. He literally had a macro set just to attack my character haha - it created a friendship that has spanned 20+ years.

small world! :)

• 295 posts
    January 11, 2022 12:41 AM PST

ShaggNasty said:

I like playing on PVP servers and trolling everyone, building a terrible reputation and making everyone hate me. 

I enjoy this for two reasons:

1. My name lives in infamy for a long long time.
    2. It unites the server / guilds against a common enemy.
    3. Its fun to be the bad guy.

Interestingly enough, one of my best friends now - we met in a PVP MUD. We didnt know that we both went to the same High School. For a whole year I terrorized him in game. Killing him every chance I got. But he never quit or gave up. Then he got stronger and started to give me a real fight and got to the point I had to start running from him. We met one day in High School and started talking about games and MUDS and then we realized we were nemesises in the game. He literally had a macro set just to attack my character haha - it created a friendship that has spanned 20+ years.

small world! :)

Very cool story. 

...also, I got my eyes on you buddy(insert nerdy glass emoji)