Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Old Pledges

• 902 posts
    January 9, 2022 7:02 AM PST

I know that I can view my pledge status from My Pledge section of the forums, but it doesn't list what I am entitled to. As this is an old pledge that is not availableany more, I would like some way of ensuring that what I expect to get is what you expect I will get. Could we have an old pledge section or have the details listed in the My Pledge section too? The last thing I would want is to see Alpha being advertised (when that happens) to then not be able to participate. 

This post was edited by chenzeme at January 9, 2022 7:03 AM PST
    • 67 posts
    January 9, 2022 10:40 AM PST

Try this link:

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/pledge/upgrade/

It has old pledges listed and when you click them to upgrade, it shows what they offered.

• 1281 posts
    January 9, 2022 10:45 AM PST

chenzeme said:

I know that I can view my pledge status from My Pledge section of the forums, but it doesn't list what I am entitled to. As this is an old pledge that is not availableany more, I would like some way of ensuring that what I expect to get is what you expect I will get. Could we have an old pledge section or have the details listed in the My Pledge section too? The last thing I would want is to see Alpha being advertised (when that happens) to then not be able to participate. 

They have, historically said, that you will not lose any of your pledge benefits if the pledge is superceded by another one with different benefits.

• 902 posts
    January 10, 2022 6:06 AM PST

Ah marvellous! ShaggNasty Just what I wanted.

Kalok: They have, historically said, that you will not lose any of your pledge benefits if the pledge is superceded by another one with different benefits.

Yeah I am aware of this, but there is never any harm in making sure things have not changed at all.

This post was edited by chenzeme at January 10, 2022 6:06 AM PST
    • 612 posts
    January 10, 2022 7:14 AM PST

Kalok said:

They have, historically said, that you will not lose any of your pledge benefits if the pledge is superceded by another one with different benefits.

I've wondered this a few times over the years. I know that we are assured that we won't miss out on benefits that were part of the Pledge level when we first bought it if they are later removed from that pledge level. But I've always wondered if this also means we won't get any new benefits that were added to that Pledge level after we bought it.

I don't know if my pledge has really changed in the years since I pledged (Pathfinder in early 2018), but I was always curious if people who pledged early may miss out on extras that get added to a pledge level later on in the more recent times because those things were not part of the pledge when they first bought that pledge.

This post was edited by GoofyWarriorGuy at January 10, 2022 7:14 AM PST
    • 3852 posts
    January 10, 2022 7:34 AM PST

I haven't really studied this but I am pretty sure that almost all if not all of the changes were removal of benefits not adding new benefits. Looking at the award listings one sees a lot of things that are crossed out - denoting they used to be available but no longer are. 

• 1281 posts
    January 10, 2022 7:51 AM PST

dorotea said:

I haven't really studied this but I am pretty sure that almost all if not all of the changes were removal of benefits not adding new benefits. Looking at the award listings one sees a lot of things that are crossed out - denoting they used to be available but no longer are. 

That's not entirely correct.  The items with the line through them means something completely different.  For instance, all of the VIP tiers...  They have all of the benefits listed under all of the tiers and the ones that you don't get with that tier have a line through them.  That's the way it's always been.

• 2137 posts
    January 10, 2022 2:33 PM PST

dorotea said:

I haven't really studied this but I am pretty sure that almost all if not all of the changes were removal of benefits not adding new benefits.

Looking at the award listings one sees a lot of things that are crossed out - denoting they used to be available but no longer are. 

I agree that when specific pledges have been changed (without changing the name), that it's always been to remove rewards & not add any.

I have to agree with Kalok though, the crossed-out items in the current Pledge listings denote rewards that CAN be had by pledging 'a little bit more'. Good PR.

• 67 posts
    January 10, 2022 5:32 PM PST

chenzeme said:

Ah marvellous! ShaggNasty Just what I wanted.

No problem! :)

• 902 posts
    January 11, 2022 2:08 AM PST

After taking another leap of faith, I just upgraded my pledge. When reviewing the rewards it dawned on me that no pledge above Bloodsworn states an additional character slot. Is this correct? If so, what is the reasoning? I would have expected this to be across the board or even a second extra slot for the higher pedges?

This post was edited by chenzeme at January 11, 2022 6:14 AM PST
    • 2137 posts
    January 11, 2022 10:06 AM PST

chenzeme said:

When reviewing the rewards it dawned on me that no pledge above Bloodsworn states an additional character slot. Is this correct? If so, what is the reasoning? I would have expected this to be across the board or even a second extra slot for the higher pedges?

I noticed the same thing, while perusing the Pledge page for this thread. I know that once before, something was accidentally left out of the rewards list when the page was updated, even though the pledges still received the reward. VR told us that when someone asked. I don't remember if it was this or some other reward.

It would be a great question to ask during a stream.

(unless Artois or someone decides to just chime in and tell us, wink wink nudge nudge)

This post was edited by Jothany at January 11, 2022 10:07 AM PST
    • 252 posts
    January 11, 2022 11:12 AM PST

I had a pledge question and opened a support ticket and got a reply the next day with a full listing of what I was entitled to. Honestly, they are really good about it and it is probably the best way to get your answers.

• 902 posts
    January 12, 2022 3:32 AM PST

Ruinar: Honestly, they are really good about it and it is probably the best way to get your answers.

I did consider doing this, but I was hoping someone at VR would answer this on the thread so it was clear to all. I have now created a ticket and will post the results. Cheers.

• VR Staff
    • 368 posts
    January 12, 2022 3:26 PM PST

Yes, it is on all the other pledges as well. We haven't determined the number of character slots you will start out with but you will get an additional one for pledging.

It appears we left off that pledge reward on some of the pledges when we updated that page. We will put it on the list to fix.

• 902 posts
    January 13, 2022 2:01 AM PST

Marvellous! Thanks. :D