Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Tavern Talk - 2022 Gaming Goals?

• 9115 posts
    January 3, 2022 4:01 AM PST

Tavern Talk - With a new year upon us, do you have any gaming goals for 2022? If so, we'd love to hear them! #MMORPG #CommunityMatters

• 3852 posts
    January 3, 2022 7:43 AM PST

To participate in Pantheon alpha. Note that this is a goal not a prediction.

• 394 posts
    January 3, 2022 8:41 AM PST

Got a Switch backlog to catch up on, also still need to play the last 3 AC games.

• 16 posts
    January 3, 2022 9:03 AM PST

Because Pantheon is a crowd funded game progress is naturally limited to funds available at any given point in time. This in itself is not a major problem, however keeping the masses aboard and stimulating further investment becomes increasingly difficult over time.

To increase alpha and beta participation in the game and expand the pledge base some involvement in the developement process must evolve.

Without compromising the current visions/development process I suggest that a feeling of involvement could be achieved by introducing a 

Testors Training Tutorial which would use experiences and sequencies from pre-alpha to formalise the reporting techniques preferred by Vr developers

• 413 posts
    January 3, 2022 11:48 AM PST

No Goals I am empty on the inside. 

Actually, just finsh my list of RPGs I have started.  Play some Pantheon and report bugs and hope the game launches.

• 8 posts
    January 3, 2022 12:28 PM PST

To enter Terminus and smite all that is unholy and undead as I start down the road to becoming a master of the Paladin

• 9115 posts
    January 3, 2022 2:43 PM PST

Soltar said:

Because Pantheon is a crowd funded game progress is naturally limited to funds available at any given point in time. This in itself is not a major problem, however keeping the masses aboard and stimulating further investment becomes increasingly difficult over time.

To increase alpha and beta participation in the game and expand the pledge base some involvement in the developement process must evolve.

Without compromising the current visions/development process I suggest that a feeling of involvement could be achieved by introducing a 

Testors Training Tutorial which would use experiences and sequencies from pre-alpha to formalise the reporting techniques preferred by Vr developers

It also works the other way, my friend, if we let people in before the game is ready or before the game can handle them we risk those people being unhappy and leaving, never to return.

It's a fine balance but luckily we have very experienced team members with years of experience in business and game development helping us in those areas, so once the game is ready and we're ready to manage more testers and able to collect all of their data we will move into the Alpha phase but taking devs away from the actual game to build a testing tutorial would be unwise :)

• 252 posts
    January 3, 2022 3:46 PM PST

More, hopefully, in person D&D, maybe experiment with some other pen & papers. 

• 295 posts
    January 3, 2022 8:08 PM PST

Northstar said:

To enter Terminus and smite all that is unholy and undead as I start down the road to becoming a master of the Paladin

My brother in arms...well said. Evil will be smited everyday of the week and twice on Sundays!

• 295 posts
    January 3, 2022 8:22 PM PST

I'm very much looking forward to the contiued development of Pantheon. I'm looking forward to the upcoming Dev streams, the gameplay sessions, the class and gameplay systems reveals and all the new reveals VR has in store. My belief is that the game is coming and all the pre-release comments, good or otherwise will be replaced with an avalanche of post release comments. These forums will be a very different place when that happens. so, I'm just gonna enjoy the time we have now because it will never be this way again after release.

I'm an RPG, RTS and MMO junkie. I'll be trying out some MMOs(Guildwars 2, Rift) and playing some older games(Total Annihilation:Kingdoms, Starcraft 2), but they all seem like placeholders until Pantheon is released. 

• 2138 posts
    January 3, 2022 8:31 PM PST

To do a Randy Random, Commitment mode, Hard, Rim World scenario with 50% world coverage. Making random picks at every stage. crew? blind random, Landing site? blind random, and getting far enough along to actually do an away mission or two and make it back to base camp with people in camp and people on away mission at same time. At least a three day one way trip which means they have to rest when they get there, which means making shelter at the mission site and all that entails and resting.

• 25 posts
    January 4, 2022 12:17 AM PST

I would love to see the game get into Alpha testing. Of course that would allow me to start Alpha testing.... so I guess I am just being greedy, but yeah..... Alpha testing. 

• 810 posts
    January 4, 2022 1:08 AM PST

I want to do more VR gaming.  It is a nice way to have extra physical activity, but my house has constant meaningless interruptions that make the setup feel rediculous.   

• 16 posts
    January 4, 2022 3:36 PM PST

Thank you for your response to my suggestion made on January 3 rd your rationale is perfectly sound.

I still feel however that, just before releasing to alpha, a day or two spent on standardising reports would benefit all particularly those testing for the first time.

Enough said thank you again for reading

• 2137 posts
    January 4, 2022 4:31 PM PST

To install the pile of brand new parts that are sitting in a box beside my gaming rig and get it back up and running

THEN to peruse the suggestions in the "What games are you playing these holidays" thread, pick one, and jump in!

• 223 posts
    January 4, 2022 7:11 PM PST

No particular gaming goals but I am still hopeful to being able to contribute to Pantheon in more capacity,  whether it be pledging or Alpha :)

• 122 posts
    January 4, 2022 8:30 PM PST

Goals for me would be:

To do some more pre alpha testing for VR

Play and complete Elden Ring, Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising, Scorn, and the System Shock remake (if it's out this year)

Get a Steam Deck

• 363 posts
    January 5, 2022 11:42 AM PST

I wasn't really into virtual reality, but I received an Oculus Quest 2 for Christmas ..... and man is it fun. I want to complete Half-Life: Alyx (huge HL fan). I would also like to see if Elden Ring lives up to the hype. Then there's the obvious answer, play more Pantheon.

This post was edited by Flossie at January 5, 2022 11:43 AM PST
    • 258 posts
    January 5, 2022 3:06 PM PST

Get high, get drunk and play video games - rinse and repeat. What else!?

• 112 posts
    January 5, 2022 6:53 PM PST

Kilsin said:

Tavern Talk - With a new year upon us, do you have any gaming goals for 2022? If so, we'd love to hear them! #MMORPG #CommunityMatters

Build a new system and hopefully testing it during alpha ...wink wink lol.  Mostly building a new rig.

• 409 posts
    January 7, 2022 7:06 AM PST

Northstar said:

And when you fall in battle against our unholy/undead comrades, necromancers like myself look forward to enslaving your corpse to our bidding. Convenient thing is, you'll already have armor and weapon(s), thus reducing the overhead costs.