Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Tavern Talk - If you were given 2 hours

• 9115 posts
    December 9, 2021 3:48 AM PST

Tavern Talk - If you were given 2 hours to run around the development server freely in Pantheon, right now, what would you do and why? #MMORPG #CommunityMatters

• 135 posts
    December 9, 2021 5:32 AM PST

Honestly I would just make a Rogue and explore everything I could. Find as much lore and as many cool spots as I could and just generally plan out future adventures. 2 hours isn't a lot of time...

• 150 posts
    December 9, 2021 5:52 AM PST

I would make corpse art the world over, with at least one exhibition for each race...dying and dragging my corpses around, arranging them just so, adding morbid foliage to otherwise empty branches, decorating entranceways to arenas, and writing S.O.S. on the nearest beach. Why? To keep the tradition alive.

• 3852 posts
    December 9, 2021 6:17 AM PST

Spend two hours on the character creating screens checking the races and classes, hairdos and other personalization options, bonuses and penalties, and the like.

Of course this assumes that the character creation screens are at the point where they will have all of these things, which is not the way the smart money would necessarily bet.

• 2419 posts
    December 9, 2021 7:32 AM PST

To run around and see how much is actually done compared to how much you've told us is done.

• 1289 posts
    December 9, 2021 7:58 AM PST

Oh man, that depends, is the HDRP on in the development server?  Assuming it is, I'd probably spend all 2 hours running around looking at cool stuff!  If it's not, I'd probably run around for 2 hours looking at "pretty cool" stuff!

• 1921 posts
    December 9, 2021 8:22 AM PST

Vandraad said:

To run around and see how much is actually done compared to how much you've told us is done.

Yep.  And verify all the public statements regarding zone/world size, movement rate, travel speed, etc.

• 394 posts
    December 9, 2021 8:22 AM PST

Since its current year I would spend the first hour amazed and in love, then the 2nd hour complaining that I could have built it better.

"why is the sky the wrong shade of blue?"

• 1289 posts
    December 9, 2021 8:25 AM PST

Given an opportunity like that the one thing you'd be looking to do is make VR look bad?  Catch them in some kind of a lie?  That's sad.  

• 1921 posts
    December 9, 2021 8:33 AM PST

Ranarius said:

Given an opportunity like that the one thing you'd be looking to do is make VR look bad?  Catch them in some kind of a lie?  That's sad.  

IMO:

Why would it make them look bad if everything is true? :D

• 1289 posts
    December 9, 2021 8:36 AM PST

Why would you be looking for evidence?  

• 1921 posts
    December 9, 2021 8:38 AM PST

Ranarius said:

Why would you be looking for evidence?  

IMO:

So that once verified, I can recommend that feature of the game to others.
    Trust, but verify

• 1289 posts
    December 9, 2021 8:38 AM PST

"So that once verified, I can recommend that feature of the game to others.  Trust, but verify. "

Agreed :)

This post was edited by Ranarius at December 9, 2021 8:39 AM PST
    • 729 posts
    December 9, 2021 8:43 AM PST

Just run.   Run in any direction untill I became endangered. Then run away.  Explore as far as possible taking in the sights.  Allow curiosity to lead me into this new unknown world created by digital artists. 

This post was edited by StoneFish at December 9, 2021 1:12 PM PST
    • 394 posts
    December 9, 2021 8:53 AM PST

Mostly calling out how everyone thinks theyre a game dev today just cause they played a ton of PS1 before they had hair in their pits.

Sorry I must be in a mood today.

• 258 posts
    December 9, 2021 9:12 AM PST

I'd probably pull all the zone full of skellies and bring it to these people that were grieving lower level people.

• 41 posts
    December 9, 2021 10:29 AM PST

See how long I could run around nekked without dying =)

• 690 posts
    December 9, 2021 1:40 PM PST

I would study up on the term "glitch hunting".

Then I would enjoy pantheon in a completely not-suspicious way for 2 hours.

• 1404 posts
    December 9, 2021 2:05 PM PST
    1char per race, default with no concern of looks or name or…
    15 min in each starting city checking it out
    • 2138 posts
    December 9, 2021 2:45 PM PST

ask that those two hours be when Ben, Joppa, Roenik, Kilsin, Zoeii, Minus, Robert, Nephele, Artois, etc are also playing so I could possibly join one of their groups? Possibly tag along...?

• 1281 posts
    December 9, 2021 3:11 PM PST

Kilsin said:

Tavern Talk - If you were given 2 hours to run around the development server freely in Pantheon, right now, what would you do and why? #MMORPG #CommunityMatters

Roll a Rogue and explore, explore, explore....

• 9115 posts
    December 9, 2021 3:28 PM PST

Vandraad said:

Uh oh...you'd catch us out on all our lies and find out it's Vapourware! :D

• 9115 posts
    December 9, 2021 3:31 PM PST

Gintoki88 said:

Mostly calling out how everyone thinks theyre a game dev today just cause they played a ton of PS1 before they had hair in their pits.

Sorry I must be in a mood today.

Hahaha, reading as much as I do, there are a lot of armchair game devs out there, sometimes myself included without realising it but I think it mostly comes from a good place and wanting the best for us.

And not to take sides but I find a lot more negativity and armchair game devs on FB...so take that however you guys like :D (shots fired!)

• 252 posts
    December 9, 2021 3:41 PM PST

With only two hours I would next>next>finish through character creation and then run around, like many others. 

• 78 posts
    December 9, 2021 4:13 PM PST

If it's like every other MMO I have played, the first time I log in I would start to create my character, then d/c, look at the forums, finally log back in, recreate my character, run around a bit, d/c again, go back to forums, try to log in, fail, try to log in, fail, go watch Netflix.