Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Safe traveling and a grouping idea. Easy

• 729 posts
    December 1, 2021 1:45 PM PST

Safe Travels and a grouping idea

Is there going to be any in-game "boards of notice" or "bulletin boards"?

Basic list of pre generated posts that players can use.

Say I want to travel to a far off city because I've heard they have banana nut bread there. Traveling alone would be dangerous, so I go and check the local notice board. On the board is another few people looking to travel to X on Saturday. Perfect, I add my name and when Saturday comes, there are about 15 of us. We all start the hours trek together.  

Board could be a simple , travel and harvest, maybe exploring party meetups. Just a small group creation tool in game that anyone can use for these specific tasks.  

They could be in towns and crossroads.

A board on posts that you can see people have marked off a preset list of tasks, locations and time. You can then get an idea of gatherings that are not binding and are not tied to a guild or faction or anything other than a love for adventure and meeting new players.  

It was just an idea I had because I love meeting new people in game, and has nothing to do with the idea of luring people to a spot where the irritable chipmunks of exceptional ferocious nature dwell in the off chance they cause a distraction so I can run past the area in relative safety.  

• 3852 posts
    December 1, 2021 1:55 PM PST

More likely your plan was to feed seeds to the chipmunks after they killed your travel companions, and then loot the bodies, The chipmunks being trained to leave you alone in exchange for tasty seeds.

• 1289 posts
    December 1, 2021 2:07 PM PST

Seems like a good idea to me.  I've always prefered that as much of that as possible is done in game and not with online forums or discord.  

• 729 posts
    December 1, 2021 2:11 PM PST

dorotea said:

More likely your plan was to feed seeds to the chipmunks after they killed your travel companions, and then loot the bodies, The chipmunks being trained to leave you alone in exchange for tasty seeds.

Haha,  but I am much too lazy to attempt to train those chipmunks. 

• 729 posts
    December 1, 2021 2:14 PM PST

Ranarius said:

Seems like a good idea to me.  I've always prefered that as much of that as possible is done in game and not with online forums or discord.  

Ya, me too.   I enjoy walking along and just out of curiosity checking the board, oh I see a group is going to run across the plain and try for wilds end tonight.  I'll join them.  It just feels more organic and as if the world is alive if it's part of the in-game experience. 

• 258 posts
    December 1, 2021 6:08 PM PST

I AGREE WITH EVERYONE HERE. MUCH RESPECT >:) <3

• 223 posts
    December 1, 2021 7:10 PM PST

Seems like a good RP feature. Having it controlled and not free-form text may assist with abuse and misuse too.

• 2137 posts
    December 1, 2021 7:11 PM PST

A community bulletin board could be really useful, very helpful for stuff like this.

I have no idea if it could be programmed with enough safeguards to avoid players using it for unacceptable goals OR for a few players to monopolize it most of the time. If that is possible, I'd love to see it.

• 839 posts
    December 2, 2021 12:10 AM PST

Honestly this sort of thing would be super cool exactly as you described man, enjoying meeting new people, helping needy and kicking back on a bit of a treck with some danger a foot I'd definitely be keen on something like this.  I like it.

Also yes to "please help boards" in general regarding all topics. It's next, next level questing

This post was edited by Hokanu at December 2, 2021 12:10 AM PST
    • 2138 posts
    December 2, 2021 12:24 PM PST

potential for a travelling zerg, lol. Thats a GM event in the making if I ever saw one.

• 520 posts
    December 4, 2021 8:39 AM PST

Yes please!

• 60 posts
    December 4, 2021 7:41 PM PST

Project Gorgon has a similar setup where you can post work orders for stuff.  Ie for someone to gather milk for you or such.  

Ultimate Online had a message board - sort of an auto-task option I believe. 

EQ actually had a community message board in game at one point.  I believe it was only ever active inside of some old cities - Qeynos, HHK, NFP, etc.  Was just literally a primitive message board.  Taken out pre-Luclin sometime.

This post was edited by First at December 4, 2021 7:42 PM PST
    • 256 posts
    December 5, 2021 4:46 PM PST

This sounds like it could be a great addition to the LFG tool they want to implement. I think it would be a great idea if there was an "Adventure Board" where players could list upcoming events. It might need tabs or filters because seeing a bunch of guilds trying to fill a raid on the same night might cause clutter. However, I think it would be a great way for the community to engage with each other and build connections.