Forums » News and Announcements

November Newsletter Is Live!

• 9115 posts
    November 18, 2021 1:20 AM PST

The team have put together a jam-packed Newsletter this month with Joppa and Tehom kicking things off with lot's of info and updates, alongside Last Month In Review by Minus and a brand new podcast we're excited to release to you all and of course, Kilsin delivers our Community Highlight featuring Bronsun!

The link will go live at 10 am EDT so be sure to check it out and be on the lookout in your email inboxes.

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/newsletter/_2021/november/

• 223 posts
    November 18, 2021 2:28 AM PST

Much excite! One month until the Christmas newsletter :)

• 902 posts
    November 18, 2021 2:42 AM PST

Nice! Thank you.

This post was edited by chenzeme at November 18, 2021 2:45 AM PST
    • 3852 posts
    November 18, 2021 8:32 AM PST

Many thanks for the newsletter which as per your recent efforts keeps us much more informed as to progress than may have been the case in the past. By definition some of us will like what is said and some will not but knowing where we are and where we are going is *always* a plus.

One thing that comes through loud and clear is that while there are many improvements - and much of what we will see looks to be even better than many have hoped - there remains a need for more than a little patience even in waiting for alpha. Words that jump out of the producer part of the newsletter are "replacement" and "conversion". As distinct from "creation" and "development" and "finalization". Not that there is not some of that as well. About 10 of the "to do" items for alpha have not yet been started.

A different thread in these forums talked about the need to be "Pantheon Patient". This newsletter emphasizes this need. Development has taken a longer time than either fans or developers had hoped - or expected. One of the dangers for fans - us here - is giving up or getting so impatient that our tone turns from hopeful emphasis on all the good things that are coming to despairing comments on *when* it will be coming or even *if* it will be coming. 

No one reading the newsletter should expect alpha this year or early next year. Anyone who did should, in the words of the Mule from the Foundation series by Asimov, "resign yourself to the acceptance of defeat". I say this not in the spirit of doom or despair but in the spirit of hope - good things are coming but we can only torment ourselves and worsen the tone of these forums if we let ourselves believe that so much time has passed that they *must* be almost ready. They aren't. But just as the Second Foundation flowered despite the Mule's temporary successes - Pantheon, all Gods willing, will flower despite or even because of all the time it is taking to create.

• 11 posts
    November 18, 2021 9:29 AM PST

Absoluely awesome newsletter, thank you for detailing all the progress.

• 51 posts
    November 18, 2021 10:41 AM PST

Good Newsletter!  Especially like Parting the Veil as a new segment for ya'll to release content to the community. Is there any thought to adding a visual component to those podcasts, either of you talking or by maybe adding some in game footage?  Personally i always like to see who is speaking. Watching a persons body language or facial expressions can convey a lot and if it's game play footage maybe get some new footage from testing sessions?  It would be interesting to see before and after footage of all the new implementations.  I know there is limitations on all that because everything is subject to change but it would still be interesting to see. Just a thought.  Thank you all for the hard work!

• 595 posts
    November 18, 2021 10:44 AM PST

From the newsletter:

Players and enemies alike will now receive base power increases with levels gained. Coupled with our enhancements to attributes, players should feel that they are better able to meet the growing challenges of the game as they level, while also feeling the substantial benefits from rare loot whether acquired at level 1 or level 50.

Do we know if this means we will have the ability to increase attributes of our choosing when we level? Or will it simply be a flat increase of some kind that cannot be customized?

• 20 posts
    November 18, 2021 2:36 PM PST

This was a good one!  The fan art from Bronsun especially was amazingly good!  A passionately skilled fan that could assist in art development? You guys need to find a way to grab a hold of this guy!

• 258 posts
    November 18, 2021 3:19 PM PST

By the looks of it, there's much progress being done. You guys have been doing a great job communicating with the fan base and I'm glad Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen is actually something to look forward for from now on.

I'd have to say from experience I feel the Develpoment Team has been extraordinary with communicating things that matter and still keep us informed of things that are being set out for upcoming phases of the games progress. Keep it up and I hope this game will reunite all the lovely player base we all once knew. <):) <3 >:)

This post was edited by BigBadAzz1 at November 18, 2021 3:21 PM PST
    • 252 posts
    November 19, 2021 9:01 PM PST

BigBadAzz1 said:

By the looks of it, there's much progress being done. You guys have been doing a great job communicating with the fan base and I'm glad Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen is actually something to look forward for from now on.

I'd have to say from experience I feel the Develpoment Team has been extraordinary with communicating things that matter and still keep us informed of things that are being set out for upcoming phases of the games progress. Keep it up and I hope this game will reunite all the lovely player base we all once knew. <):) <3 >:)

They have certainly upped their communications game in a BIG way. It is much appreciated.

This post was edited by Ruinar at November 19, 2021 9:01 PM PST
    • 83 posts
    November 21, 2021 2:10 AM PST

Thank you for the Newsletter :-)

I don't know what to think of the explanations regarding the overhaul of the combat system. I hope it doesn't lead to click hysteria :-)

• 9115 posts
    November 21, 2021 1:31 PM PST

Thanks for all the feedback folks and we're very glad you like it :)

• 41 posts
    November 22, 2021 12:26 PM PST

The media coverage (mmorpg.com & massively come to mind) seems to be blowing combat improvements out of proportion. They keep using phrases like COMBAT REVAMP or COMBAT OVERHAUL which make it sound like you guys are starting from scratch. The gives the impression to readers that this is a huge setback for development. I think some kind of clarification is needed by VR.

• 9115 posts
    November 24, 2021 2:24 PM PST

Duderino said:

The media coverage (mmorpg.com & massively come to mind) seems to be blowing combat improvements out of proportion. They keep using phrases like COMBAT REVAMP or COMBAT OVERHAUL which make it sound like you guys are starting from scratch. The gives the impression to readers that this is a huge setback for development. I think some kind of clarification is needed by VR.

We can't control how the media portrays us mate but nothing has changed on our end, we're transparent with you all and unless we say something you can probably chalk it up to trying to get views/clicks with slightly sensationalized headlines or articles.

Keep following our dev streams, newsletters and dev roundtables for other latest news and most up to date information.

• 393 posts
    November 28, 2021 12:47 AM PST

I'm really glad to hear about the adjustments and improvements of attributes, abilities and class identity. I really love the idea of having to critically think about what, how and when to use certain abilities in game (as opposed to button mashing, one-shotting) because it contributes to my individual agency as a player; that I have a tangible effect on the the world or I'm actively responding to world's tangible effect on my character in a very critical and meanigful way. The stat and ability changes you mention  appear to reinforce the notion of longevity, giving players an obvious sense of impact without being overblown. And as always, I'm so glad that to this day you stick to your idea of creating strong class identities. Bravo!

Also, I really like to see the road map; where you are, where your'e all heading, and where you've all been. You've all done A LOT. Thanks for sharing your progress.

Enjoyed listening to 'Parting the Veil'. Nice and digestible.

Bronsun, I really love your ent-like 3D render. It look amazing. Thanks for sharing!!!