Forums » News and Announcements

Miss the HD Rendering Pipeline Part 1 Stream?

• 9115 posts
    October 14, 2021 9:28 PM PDT
    Miss the Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen - HD Rendering Pipeline Part 1 - Tech and Tools stream?

Join Ben, Chris, Kyle and Rob as we dive into the HDRP Pipeline, Part 1 in a series. This stream focuses on the tech and tools used to help bring Terminus to life.

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at October 19, 2021 3:27 PM PDT
    • 1281 posts
    October 15, 2021 12:50 PM PDT

Few comments after this

First, this is the type of content I absolutely love seeing. Thanks!

I hope that VR allows players to download as much of the game client as possible. I've seen some MMO's where you hit loading screens and it's not just loading, it actually downloading game assets to your system becuase the previously didn't exist. I think GW2 does this. The data that doesn't change often sould be cached locally and I would like to be able to download it all from the start instead of in pieces.

I also hope this HDRP Pipeline makes it easier to update assets in older areas as time goes on. Like if you update a texture, I'd like to see that texture updated everywhere. It would be nice for existing zones to be updated graphically as new tech comes online in the years to come.

This post was edited by bigdogchris at October 15, 2021 2:44 PM PDT
    • 2419 posts
    October 17, 2021 4:34 PM PDT

Saying HDRP Pipeline is just odd.  You're actually saying High Definition Rendering Pipeline Pipeline.  :)

• 2138 posts
    October 17, 2021 6:49 PM PDT

Vandraad said:

Saying HDRP Pipeline is just odd.  You're actually saying High Definition Rendering Pipeline Pipeline.  :)

SCUBA gear! oh wait...

When they made the pond, and then put himself in as a PC to get an idea of perspective, it was so huge I intuitively wanted something to interact with within a 10-20 foot visual radius, not just scenery. Like, interactive trash/clutter? That is to say, static and semi-static  things in addition to roaming mobs with which you can interact with or choose to pass by lest the area seem beautiful, but barren. Like, I immediately wanted to fish to see if there was anything in the pond, but also I wanted to see/touch things on the edge of the pond, snails? shells? rocks? skipping rocks? kind of thing. Maybe thats too much.

• 9115 posts
    October 19, 2021 3:28 PM PDT

Vandraad said:

Thanks for catching that mate, fixing it across the board :)

• 23 posts
    October 20, 2021 10:06 AM PDT

Bravo to the VR team ....Amazing job...Woot i m exiting to be part of the next session

• 102 posts
    October 22, 2021 5:54 AM PDT

Excellent video! No wonder Joppa was so excited about the HDRP. I've come to appreciate VR more and more, choosing creativity and passion over mass influxes of cash and corporate time tables is going to push this game far and above MMOs on the market today (my opinion, of course). So much care, thought, and detail being baked into the game. I'm sure I speak for all the pledgers when I say I can't wait for the announcement of alpha and experience this world for the first time, bugs and all! I hope VR ends up laughing all the way to the bank because you all deserve it! Cheers!

This post was edited by Brutenga at October 22, 2021 5:56 AM PDT