Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Mad Moor

• 55 posts
    September 18, 2021 4:03 PM PDT

I liked the artist rendition of Mad Moor. The in game version left me kind of disappointed though, maybe because it's just a sample. The artist rendering was foggy, and grey, and blue grey, and creepy. The in game version was the boring brown and green, more realistic, less magical. The in game assets were pretty true to the artist, but the colors were all off. I know adding fog will help, and obscure a lot, and alter the lighting a lot, but it won't change the base colors. There was green grass, the wood was brown. In my view I would make a point that not a single item in the zone had a spec of green or brown, just as an even bigger contrast to the lush green of Wild's End.

This post was edited by Silvermink at September 18, 2021 4:49 PM PDT
    • 38 posts
    September 19, 2021 6:32 AM PDT

I don't disagree. I hope this version is just early and probably partly for the purpose of having something substantive to show quickly that it might still have several versions going forward. I think Joppa mentioned in the stream that it was lacking a lot of smaller details still, e.g., foliage and other life. I remember that at least one of the concept drawings featured an organism with what looked like fluorescent yellow spores or poison sacks. I hope to see those colors added in as the subzone evolves.

• 3852 posts
    September 19, 2021 6:45 AM PDT

I am assuming that as things progress most areas will look better rather than worse. So I wouldn't get too concerned about feeling that Moor is less. Not yet.

• 392 posts
    September 19, 2021 11:07 PM PDT

I thought they said it was only a view of the art -> ingame assets, so a lot of other systems werent active for that flythrough shot.

• 888 posts
    September 20, 2021 2:01 PM PDT

If Mad Moor doesn't have Othello hidden in it somewhere as an Easter Egg,  I'll be very disappointed. 

• 724 posts
    September 21, 2021 11:23 AM PDT

Ya.  I think there are a number of layers not applied to that area, effects like lighting and general eye candy elements.  

Polishing the color and shading effects will drastically change what we saw.  

It was just an area with a few of the larger asset pieces.