Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Building Wilds End Dev release

• 2138 posts
    September 11, 2021 12:07 PM PDT

As I watched more of it, I was very impressed, especially with the pond. The drawing implied a vertical oriented, well-like, underwater area with caverns along the sides with some caverns with air pockets, it looked like. So maybe deaper areas are accessible as your swimming gets better?, and some interesting pass-through tunnels at the very bottom with some air pockets.  Just keeping the scale in mind was tough to wrap my mind around at first, the human for scale at the gate, helped. I can imagine the climbing. The idea that the home city has sling-shots, zip-lines and such to get around seems to me to make just exploring the city fun and organically imbuing a sense of "halfling-ness" in a new player if they chose that race and started playing for the first time. As far as potential world events, I can see ecologically oriented where the Mad moor starts to creep into wilds end spreading decay, or vice versa where the vibrant wilds end foliage starts to take root in the moor and creates imbalance. (Maybe from something as innocent as blowing the fluff off a huge dandelion when the wind is just right and the seeds float above the river).

I'll say it again, I really appreciate how the assets in game actually resemble the art produced, instead of the art produced being "concept art" and having nothing in the game that looks like it. I like the WYSIWYG

(Thats online salt-water fish shopping acronym for: What You See Is What You Get. and the fish do get sent, post, and they do arrive fine, of course in water. 2 day shipping, max)

• 627 posts
    September 12, 2021 12:56 AM PDT
    Very impressive and immersive, cant wait to Explorer All parts of the game.
    • 20 posts
    September 12, 2021 4:06 PM PDT

Hoping for a vast ocean experience with lots to explore and discover

• 2 posts
    September 12, 2021 4:22 PM PDT
    Don't forget acclimation. I'm pretty sure pressure is one of the environments listed.
    • 1281 posts
    September 13, 2021 12:06 PM PDT

I always missed not seeing the original Wilds End outside of the teaser from years ago. I suppose converting it into a zone filled with giants changes things a bit.

It will be an interesting zone to stay up to date on. I think it's ironic how the tiny Halflings live here.

This post was edited by bigdogchris at September 13, 2021 12:07 PM PDT