Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Custom Pledges?

• 223 posts
    August 25, 2021 5:36 PM PDT

Hi all, VR,

I seem to recall a past discussion, perhaps on a stream, about potentially customising pledges in the future. Has there been any further movement on this?

Being able to selectively "add" a physical copy of the game and a map to my pledge would be something that would interest me.

All the best!

• 394 posts
    August 25, 2021 5:49 PM PDT

Yes one of the developer videos went over the possiblity of doing an "a la mode" setup for pledge rewards but if this happens it wont be until they shuffle the pledges up again, most likely as the Alpha stage get close or even starts.

There also the chance they keep the format they have now but update it for the current phase.

• 223 posts
    August 25, 2021 6:21 PM PDT

Many thanks !

• 252 posts
    August 25, 2021 6:58 PM PDT

Gintoki88 said:

Yes one of the developer videos went over the possiblity of doing an "a la mode" setup for pledge rewards but if this happens it wont be until they shuffle the pledges up again, most likely as the Alpha stage get close or even starts.

There also the chance they keep the format they have now but update it for the current phase.

I'll take my pledge with Ice Cream on top! Just plain vanilla please.

I kid, I kid. I think you meant "a la carte". :)

This request has come up several times and I have heard the same info on streams as Gintoki.

This post was edited by Ruinar at August 25, 2021 6:59 PM PDT
    • 394 posts
    August 25, 2021 7:10 PM PDT

Lulz english can be so hard sometimes, yea thats the word I was thinking of thank you.

• 3852 posts
    August 26, 2021 5:59 AM PDT

Years ago VR indicated that they were planning to add a la carte items to the pledge selections. Not in a stream - on these forums. That never happened and questions about whether it was still intended and the potential timing weren't answered unless i missed it.

• VR Staff
    • 368 posts
    August 28, 2021 12:34 PM PDT

When the new store goes live, there will be more options. Currently, our resources are focused in other areas but a new store is still on the horizon.

• 3852 posts
    August 29, 2021 7:32 AM PDT

Thank you for the update on what is intended. I think very few of us would complain about resources being devoted to developing the game and getting through pre-alpha, alpha, beta and. all Gods willing, release.

• 159 posts
    August 29, 2021 12:27 PM PDT

This subject has been talked about before. However as for the map. A good argument has been made about how adding the map as a custom pickup item wouldn't be fair to the the people that pledged at the 3k range and I agree with that myself. No I'm not a 3k pledger. I got a wife that would kick my tale if I pledged at the 3K range.

So we are going to have a new store? That is good news to me. I hope we can see it sooner vs later. It'll put alot of personal worries I have about funding to rest and I do support the development of this game. I know I strongly post my views good and bad, but again I do support the development of this game and would visit the store in support of the game as frequently as possible. I'm tapped out of how much I can spend on pledges with out being in the doghouse with my wife. So thanks for that bit of information @Artois.

• 223 posts
    August 29, 2021 3:36 PM PDT

Thanks for the reply Artois. I'm looking forward to on going developments and how I can continue to support VR.

Vander, good point. It would be a delicate balancing act. The question however goes to was that 3k value on the map or the other pledge items? Personally I would love a map but I would really love the possibility to get a physical copy of the game. Or a signed copy!

• 394 posts
    August 29, 2021 11:21 PM PDT

Vander said:

However as for the map. A good argument has been made about how adding the map as a custom pickup item wouldn't be fair to the the people that pledged at the 3k range and I agree with that myself. No I'm not a 3k pledger. I got a wife that would kick my tale if I pledged at the 3K range.

Same, I couldnt convince the wife about the cloth map, but if we could get our hands on a poster print or something of less quality, even if it came from the merch store I'd be happy.