Forums » News and Announcements

Chris Perkin's Sits Down With MMOGames

• 9115 posts
    July 26, 2021 8:34 AM PDT
    @MMOGames sit down with our very own Chris "Joppa" Perkins to talk all things Pantheon in this new interview! #MMORPG #CommunityMatters

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at July 26, 2021 8:42 AM PDT
    • 34 posts
    July 26, 2021 9:41 AM PDT

6. To help achieve the goal of making Pantheon a socially orientated game, will you include some small tavern games that would benefit grouping / downtime?

Absolutely. The one at the top of my list is a Pantheon-themed version of battle chess.

• 1281 posts
    July 26, 2021 9:47 AM PDT

Noice.... TY @ CP

• 1019 posts
    July 26, 2021 10:19 AM PDT

Titanias said:

6. To help achieve the goal of making Pantheon a socially orientated game, will you include some small tavern games that would benefit grouping / downtime?

Absolutely. The one at the top of my list is a Pantheon-themed version of battle chess.

I'm an avid chess player.  So this excites me.

• 1019 posts
    July 26, 2021 10:25 AM PDT

8. What is the general consensus for depth of character-creation customisability? 

One example of how that could look would be in facial customization. You could see something like the ability to choose between a number of different facial presets for an Archai female, but once a preset is chosen, you would have some individual sliders and options to further refine that look (with constraints to prohibit extremes of scale, positioning of features, etc.)

Faces are such a waste of time.  No one can see them in game, no one cares in game.  Character-creation customisability should be, the gait, strut, lean of shoulders, arch, hump or erectness of the back when walking.  Body propotions and actual visual cues that allow us to pick out our friends without even looking at their name.

• 392 posts
    July 26, 2021 11:00 AM PDT

Good read, I really look forward to seeing all of this come together one day.

• 2000 posts
    July 26, 2021 2:40 PM PDT

Kittik said:

Faces are such a waste of time.  No one can see them in game, no one cares in game.

Apparently you need to clean your crystal ball. Many people - including me - care about the face of their character.

In at least one MMO I played, an option was installed after release to make one's helmet invisible. It was done because so many players wanted to see the faces of their friends' characters, and to have their own face seen.

This post was edited by Jothany at July 26, 2021 2:41 PM PDT
    • 41 posts
    July 26, 2021 2:54 PM PDT

9. What kind of functionality will pets have? Will we be able to implement basic “If x, then y” macros, similar to the recently showcased NPC AI? Will they have special abilities, such as taking hits for their master or being able to backstab?

This makes me happy!

"In contrast to other pets in Pantheon, the Summoner pets will function much like secondary characters that can be developed in many of the same ways players can. These pets will gain experience and level up, gaining access to new and stronger abilities along the way. The pets will also have their own unique stats, armor and weaponry that will be managed via a pet inventory window."

This makes me even more happy especially if the Summoner "Summon Monster" spell is still a thing.  Plus, now I may have to roll an Enchanter!

"I can’t talk about pets without talking about the Charm ability though. When an NPC in Pantheon is charmed, they effectively become a pet of the player who charmed them. That means you will be able to give them the same standard commands you would give any pet. But additionally, you will gain access to a subset of that NPC’s abilities, allowing you to wield those abilities as you please while the NPC is charmed."

• 122 posts
    July 26, 2021 7:37 PM PDT

3. You’ve talked before about being a teacher and music composer before becoming the Creative Director for Pantheon. How and when did you learn to use Unity?

Joppa's answer to this question really resonated with me as I too am trying to learn all I can, only for me it's Unity and Blender instead of Unity and music composition.  It would be so great to work on a game like this one day.

I could see world building and the perception system easily taking the most amount of time to work on.  Looking forward to seeing all the different tavern games in Pantheon as well!

• 2000 posts
    July 26, 2021 10:58 PM PDT

I'm really looking forward to seeing Amberfaet in Alpha. I want to see how climbing works in an ice cave brrrrr....

• 2138 posts
    July 27, 2021 9:42 AM PDT

It sounds to me like, if you charm an NPC, you get a Pet window with a small hotbar for that NPC? that you can choose abilities from a subset of the NPC's natural abilities? and then leave it to the AI to cycle through cooldowns.

• 1281 posts
    July 27, 2021 9:50 AM PDT

Manouk said:

It sounds to me like, if you charm an NPC, you get a Pet window with a small hotbar for that NPC? that you can choose abilities from a subset of the NPC's natural abilities? and then leave it to the AI to cycle through cooldowns.

I wonder if the NPC "charm" window will have it's own icon to open up a tome containing the abilities to drag onto your hotbar.

This post was edited by bigdogchris at July 27, 2021 9:50 AM PDT
    • 1921 posts
    July 27, 2021 11:26 AM PDT

I wonder if those NPC charm abilities (and/or Summoner Pet abilities) will be something that can be updated in-combat, or will be blocked until the LAS Hotbar can be edited, only and exclusively out of combat.
    That is, if you charm an NPC while in combat or if you re-summon your Pet in combat.. if you can't update your active hotbar, how can you control your pet or use those abilities?  Especially on very long encounters, and/or those long fights involving named mobs, bosses, and/or multi-group content like raids.