Forums » News and Announcements

There are bandits taking foothold in the forest!

• 9115 posts
    July 23, 2021 5:01 AM PDT

There are bandits taking foothold in the forest. Will you survive? All VIP pledges made before Thursday July 29 venture back into Terminus for a 31-hour testing event on July 31st - Aug 1st.

https://bit.ly/3eMs5br

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at July 23, 2021 5:04 AM PDT
    • 5 posts
    July 23, 2021 7:19 AM PDT

Morning,

Will I receive an email to download the game before the event starts on July 31st?

• 2 posts
    July 23, 2021 10:18 AM PDT

^^this

This post was edited by moonbaby at December 15, 2023 4:40 PM PST
    • 560 posts
    July 23, 2021 10:55 AM PDT

Helsiera said: I would also like to know how we'll be informed since I have not received a single email or message from the Devs since pledging years ago, wondering how much I've missed

I am sure you will get a more infomred reponse from a dev or at least somone that is a VIP and has first hand experiance on how it works. Until than my understanding is they have been sending out emails to all eligible pledgers to let them know about the pre Alpha events. If you have not been reciving emails I suggest you contact support and find out why.

• 1921 posts
    July 23, 2021 12:14 PM PDT

As in previous tests, will players sign up for a 2-3 hour window, or a subset of the entire 31 hours, or will all testers be able to test during the entire test window, this time, without restriction or scheduling?

• 1479 posts
    July 23, 2021 12:15 PM PDT

Be sure guys that you pledged for VIP level, and are not awaiting for alpha/beta phases that aren't yet opened. It's common to come misinformed every once in a while.

• 399 posts
    July 25, 2021 12:33 PM PDT

make sure you check your spam folders.  Many people have reported that their emails landed there.

• 256 posts
    July 25, 2021 1:41 PM PDT

Oompa said:

Morning,

Will I receive an email to download the game before the event starts on July 31st?

Once you register on the official forms you should be able to find a launcher download there. You will need to download it and then make sure the game is patched Friday before launch. 

• 1992 posts
    July 25, 2021 3:52 PM PDT

Will all VIPs PLEASE leave a few of the bandits alive, for those of us patiently waiting for Alpha?

Thanks, we appreciate it!

• 2138 posts
    July 26, 2021 1:54 PM PDT

well, they did a lengthy test for a continual period of time previously. I wonder if this is also similar, +1.

*edit* 31 straight hours! I wonder how much coffee I can stand. I will have to sleep through the transition of night to dawn, just a thing of mine.

This post was edited by Manouk at July 28, 2021 9:29 AM PDT
    • VR Staff
    • 318 posts
    July 26, 2021 2:26 PM PDT

The session is open for a total of 31 hours. That means all current pre alpha testers are able to play any and all of that time as they choose.

vjek said:

As in previous tests, will players sign up for a 2-3 hour window, or a subset of the entire 31 hours, or will all testers be able to test during the entire test window, this time, without restriction or scheduling?

• VR Staff
    • 318 posts
    July 26, 2021 2:28 PM PDT

FatedEmperor said:

Oompa said:

Morning,

Once you register on the official forms you should be able to find a launcher download there. You will need to download it and then make sure the game is patched Friday before launch. 

You need to have a pledge that includes Pre Alpha testing as one of the rewards. We are not in Alpha testing yet. The process to get you set up and ready to be in a pre alpha testing session usually takes a couple of days. If you have questions, please open a support ticket.

• 5 posts
    July 27, 2021 7:09 AM PDT

As suggested by another poster, I do not see any link for a launcher to download the game.  Checked junk mail as well.

• 1992 posts
    July 27, 2021 1:01 PM PDT

Oompa said:

As suggested by another poster, I do not see any link for a launcher to download the game.  Checked junk mail as well.

We could be more helpful if you post what the name of your pledge is.

Clicking the "my pledge" link at the top right of any forum page will tell you that.

• 5 posts
    July 27, 2021 2:22 PM PDT

OK I understand now.  All "VIP" pledges.

• 72 posts
    July 28, 2021 2:27 PM PDT

Jothany said:

Will all VIPs PLEASE leave a few of the bandits alive, for those of us patiently waiting for Alpha?

Thanks, we appreciate it!

If the new AI is as good as it looks, I'm more worried about the VIPs.

Hopefully there will be enough survivors to keep testing the game.

• 1992 posts
    July 28, 2021 2:44 PM PDT

Turnip said: If the new AI is as good as it looks, I'm more worried about the VIPs. Hopefully there will be enough survivors to keep testing the game.

IF there are no VIP survivors, then VR will just have to call up more 'recruits'. And who better than all us Alpha testers??

• 2138 posts
    July 29, 2021 8:58 AM PDT

Jothany said:

Turnip said: If the new AI is as good as it looks, I'm more worried about the VIPs. Hopefully there will be enough survivors to keep testing the game.

IF there are no VIP survivors, then VR will just have to call up more 'recruits'. And who better than all us Alpha testers??

sounds like an Iron man type  perma-death event. That would be cool. 10 hours, 3 zones  and 1 dungeon. Have "testing" zones up for a limited time where players have to do what they can before it shuts down and population is shunted to a next zone-culminating in the last zone, the dungeon. Players cannot cross zones they can only be shunted to next zone. Initial population of ViPs noted in first zone. After first 2hrs remaining players shunted to next zone. The number of dead ViP's will be the number of next rank of players allowed into first zone by (random lottery?) for 2 hours, same rules apply. "Shunting" means zone shut down, players sent back to char select/home screen at current level with selection of next zone to log into, Any players logging out during this time will forfiet their spot.

Yes 2 hours only. the 30min extra is needed to allow for housekeeping  (shunting, zone check, new player log in/manifest). If done three times, that would mean a 16 hour day for Devs, assuming there are some that make it to the dungeon. Note: if a group member dies, some bargaining will need to be done among the survivors in the next zone or in the current zone. You are free to pick your class...muahahahaha! 

• 1992 posts
    July 30, 2021 2:55 PM PDT

Manouk said: The number of dead ViP's will be the number of next rank of players allowed into first zone by (random lottery?) for 2 hours, same rules apply.

That works for me!

I'll be playing my DL. Send me a group invite :)