Forums » News and Announcements

The Monk: Nimble But Deadly!

• 9115 posts
    July 15, 2021 5:24 AM PDT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RIqs4SdZHw

The Monk in Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen is a nimble but deadly fighter class. Players who choose the Monk as their character have an elegantly lethal arsenal of abilities to unload on their enemies.

Learn more about the Monk and of Pantheon at https://www.pantheonmmo.com/game/classes/monk/

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at July 15, 2021 5:24 AM PDT
    • 560 posts
    July 15, 2021 12:09 PM PDT

Great video would like to see more like them. I am not a fan of the monk never have been but that video almost makes me change my mind. Would be cool to have a video like this when in character creation.

One small criticism, the fain death animation would fool no one. Looks like someone trying to fall down without getting a scratch on them. Can you rag doll maybe? If you could it might make for some funny screenshots. 

This post was edited by Susurrus at July 15, 2021 1:16 PM PDT
    • 1281 posts
    July 15, 2021 12:29 PM PDT

Neat little featurette.

If this is a test of “Do our fans like this type of content”? The answer is YES!

This post was edited by bigdogchris at July 15, 2021 12:30 PM PDT
    • 392 posts
    July 15, 2021 12:59 PM PDT

Yea these little clip videos are great, if anyone wants more then eventually the high functioning youtubers will make the hour plus video of the class breakdown.

• 1999 posts
    July 15, 2021 1:11 PM PDT

Very nice and very much appreciated.

Good Job, VR

• 94 posts
    July 15, 2021 1:17 PM PDT

Love the new video! I didn't click on it at first because I thought it was the same one published earlier. Definitely worth the quick watch. I agree with others, I would enjoy seeing this for the other classes as well.

• 96 posts
    July 15, 2021 6:37 PM PDT

I also expected this to be a just a highlight from the dev stream, but was pleasantly surprised! Enjoyed the nice feature video

• 945 posts
    July 15, 2021 8:10 PM PDT

That short clip is exactly what should be displayed during character creation (maybe a 15-20sec version/.GIF displaying typical armor and expected actions/gameplay once you learn to play the game).

As mentioned by others, Monk has not been my personal class of choice, but that preview definitely makes it more desirable.

• 17 posts
    July 16, 2021 1:38 PM PDT

Great stuff! Thank you for the clip!

Been looking at the Monk for a while now, can't wait to start throwing out some elbows! (going to guess upgrades to the elbow skill add a bleed effect) 

• 10 posts
    July 16, 2021 1:52 PM PDT

Awesome upload!

I know it's not the focus of the video, but I love the combat training room. Something about hitting a target dummy really hits home for me. It's a small feature, but feels integral for testing out builds and practicing your abilities. Very cool environment to showcase the monk toolkit.

• 41 posts
    July 18, 2021 3:51 PM PDT

Great vid. Now just need the Dire Lord, Wizard and Shaman ability trailers then the new ones as classes release. Very cool way to showcase classes.

• 2138 posts
    July 22, 2021 2:27 PM PDT

Zennroth said:

Awesome upload!

I know it's not the focus of the video, but I love the combat training room. Something about hitting a target dummy really hits home for me. It's a small feature, but feels integral for testing out builds and practicing your abilities. Very cool environment to showcase the monk toolkit.

(...easter egg- have a Wing Chun target dummy....somewhere)