Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Community Debate - After creating a new character...

• 97 posts
    July 1, 2021 6:57 PM PDT

Mail items and gold from my main to my alt.

• 247 posts
    July 2, 2021 3:12 AM PDT
    So my plan in pantheon is to try and fill as many slots as I level as I can. So that it will be easier to do so but also to build my reputation it takes gear and skill to be a good tank. There lots of classes that may not need as much gear to be good but still. I do plan on trying some crafting to help me in this. the better I can be the easier it will be to grow. I may not need to be fully geared at level 1 but hopefully by 5 or 7 I am.
    • 624 posts
    July 2, 2021 5:32 AM PDT
    At level one I am usually busy finding the best pubs in which to relax and perform. I will use the lousy starter gear to valiantly dispatch some even lower than me critters, then compose an epic ballad about the heroism involved. Real “save the world from disaster” description of the amazing back and forth battle. A struggle against the very essence of evil, danger’s doppelgänger, a titan of terror (you know, some bug or bag of bones). Mainly to entertain myself and others.

Bards!
    • 209 posts
    July 15, 2021 11:59 AM PDT

I like finding the best gear I can, but I know that during leveling I will outgrow it soon, so I don't worry too much about it. Once I hit max level, though, I get obsessive about it!

As far as abilities and spells go, I'm a completist, so I need to collect every single one, even if I won't use all of them.

• 810 posts
    July 16, 2021 2:18 AM PDT

I never look into gear until leveling starts to crawl.  In most MMOs it is max level.  In EQ it was around lvl 25 where I started to look into getting a few items I could afford, then would look around every 10 levels or so. 

When it comes to spells though, I am a full collector.  I go out of my way to get every ability and tool I am aware of.

• 318 posts
    July 16, 2021 4:29 AM PDT

My first character on a server, I will buy whatever weapons/spells I can afford at the time.

For any other character I create after that, I will send him gold and buy all the spells I can for a few levels in advance, that way as I level up I don't need to go back in to town. For melee characters, I will twink with a good weapon. I don't really focus on wearable gear at low levels, only things that directly help with combat (spells and weapons).

• 7 posts
    July 17, 2021 4:34 PM PDT

For my first character I use whatever I can get my hands on that fits the character.

• 57 posts
    July 26, 2021 5:26 PM PDT

Personally I prefer not to twink a new character.  I found it dilutes the feel for the class that you are trying out.  It is hard to tell if you like the class or just like being a twink in the lower levels.

If I get them to 20+ then I will give them some love.

• 2041 posts
    July 26, 2021 11:05 PM PDT

Tahoe said: Personally I prefer not to twink a new character.  I found it dilutes the feel for the class that you are trying out.  It is hard to tell if you like the class or just like being a twink in the lower levels.

That's very insightful. I never thought about it before now, but I can see how it would slow my learning curve of the char's abilities if he's overpowered & over-armored.

• 902 posts
    July 27, 2021 5:01 AM PDT

Ill begin slightly off topic, and put my tuppence in regarding twinks raised above…

I don’t have an issue with twinking. I understand that it will take time to learn a character, but it looks like you will still need a good amount of time to level so this shouldn’t be much of an issue. Also, by the time I feel that I want to try a new class that I can twink, I will have gained a lot of knowledge about the game world that my new character shouldn't "know". When beginning, I will not play an alt in the same way I play my main. My alt will "know" the best hunting grounds and areas for rare spells and the like. In a sense, it is already twinked.

Given that I don’t have an issue with passing items to my alts that my main doesn’t need or I craft specifically for them. I would add however, that I expect the BIS will not be transferable between alts or players, so twinking should only take a character to a "good" level at best.

Now back on topic and to the question at hand…

My main is all about exploration and experiencing the world. I will go with anything I have and look out for better. I will not be looking at spoiler sites and the like while I indulge myself in the lore and land. So I wont know where to go for the best equipment. If I run into a player who suggests another place has better rewards, then I will obviously go and have a look.

As for alts; my alts will be somewhat steared by my main character's experiences, so I may well go for something my alt needs. BUT, if there is enough new land for my alt to explore that my main hasnt, then I would play it in the same way (apart from a little twink gear from time to time).

This post was edited by chenzeme at July 27, 2021 5:03 AM PDT
    • 520 posts
    July 28, 2021 12:24 PM PDT

I usually wear whatever drops and have the best stats for me - i only start grinding for specific gear at very high levels. When it comes to crafting - I usually focus only on the top tier gear and just level my crafting profficiency with whatever - skipping almost all craftable equipment.