Forums » News and Announcements

Miss the Alpha One Breakdown stream?

• 9115 posts
    May 13, 2021 10:34 PM PDT
    Never fear, we've got you covered!

Chris and Ben review the priorities of Alpha One and why these features were selected.

• 248 posts
    May 14, 2021 3:53 AM PDT

Thank you! I did not feel like staying up all night to see it live. xD
    Very excited about the map and hope to see the class/race matrix soon.

-sorte.

• 1 posts
    May 16, 2021 8:16 PM PDT

Always appreciate the info given my Misters Dean and Perkins. I look forward to someday entering into this fascinating new world.

Minor quibble regarding the admittedly WIP animations for the ranger. I am sure I am not the first to point out, that, when the ranger has the arrow knocked and ready to shoot, the arrow shaft is on the wrong side of the bow. It should be on the side of the left hand, the one holding the bow, in order to be stabilized. On the outside, there would be no way to keep the arrow against the bow and it would likely shoot off to the side, or even just fall down on the ground near the archer...

• 77 posts
    May 19, 2021 11:38 PM PDT
    You can nock an arrow on either side of a bow bud.
    • 1860 posts
    May 20, 2021 10:24 AM PDT

Olympeus said: You can nock an arrow on either side of a bow bud.

You just can't aim with it on the outside :D

• 80 posts
    July 25, 2021 7:34 AM PDT

DIdn't watch, just checking in to see when the first Alpha test will be here. I have Alpha access but still no invite. SO Assume we aren't in Alpha phase yet?

• 3852 posts
    July 25, 2021 8:39 AM PDT

Still in pre-alpha with another pre-alpha testing session recently announced. No indication yet of when pre-alpha will end or how long a wait is anticipated between pre-alpha and alpha. Since pre-alpha is not over yet I would not expect alpha this year - I decline to speculate on when it can be expected since I have been uniformly wrong in all prior speculations. 

• 13 posts
    July 28, 2021 12:36 PM PDT

for the love of gawd are you kidding me? Another pre-Alpha was announced? After all that BS about Alpha coming in 2021, the double talk has reached the level of comical. It seems like at some point a few years ago the slate was wiped clean and they started a new iteration from scratch. What number are we up to now? Pre-Alpha 5 ? or is this 6 I lost count. Not to mention there should be nothing before Alpha. A pre-Alpha is a contradiction of terms. It's just a game of semantics at this point.

• 9115 posts
    July 28, 2021 4:18 PM PDT

Boocher said:

for the love of gawd are you kidding me? Another pre-Alpha was announced? After all that BS about Alpha coming in 2021, the double talk has reached the level of comical. It seems like at some point a few years ago the slate was wiped clean and they started a new iteration from scratch. What number are we up to now? Pre-Alpha 5 ? or is this 6 I lost count. Not to mention there should be nothing before Alpha. A pre-Alpha is a contradiction of terms. It's just a game of semantics at this point.

I know it's frustrating having to be patient but we need to do as many Pre-Alphas as needed to get the game ready for thousands of more Alpha testers, it just isn't possible to release it before that but when it is ready we will let you all know.

We have made very promising progress and continue to work towards Alpha One, everything is on track and looking good so when we're almost ready you guys will be the first to know, I promise.

• 122 posts
    July 28, 2021 7:35 PM PDT

When was it said that Alpha was coming in 2021?  As far as I know, they've never given a timeframe; only that they had a checklist of features they wanted implemented before opening Alpha.

• 3852 posts
    July 28, 2021 8:21 PM PDT

I too do not believe a date was given or even hinted at. VR said they were doing things now to prepare for Alpha but in no way did they even remotely hint at when the blessed day would come. 

Alpha will be a far larger test than anything done before and they have said they are aiming to have it so large and polished that some developers would call it a beta test. With a major goal being to demonstrate to investors and others just how good things look (no NDA will keep opinions from circulating widely - at best a NDA will protect some details but will not keep general opinions from spreading around the gaming community).

This post was edited by dorotea at July 28, 2021 8:21 PM PDT
    • 257 posts
    September 15, 2021 7:27 PM PDT

Aradune announced Alpha to begin in 2017 but that has .. been changed.

• 947 posts
    September 15, 2021 7:33 PM PDT

Retsof said:

Aradune announced Alpha to begin in 2017 but that has .. been changed.

Pre-Alpha started in 2017

• 21 posts
    September 20, 2021 5:52 PM PDT

As a Cartographer Pledge - I am eager to see Alpha... believe me. Been waiting a long time.

• 26 posts
    September 30, 2021 6:57 PM PDT

Chaoticus said:

As a Cartographer Pledge - I am eager to see Alpha... believe me. Been waiting a long time.

Pathfinders here and I have given up.