Forums » Pantheon Lore

Please consider reuploading the lore section of the old website.

• 17 posts
    April 27, 2021 9:09 AM PDT

Hey guys !

I’ve just watched Bazgrim’s latest video about the history of Pantheon’s development and like always, I’m amazed by his dedication and the way he strives to help Pantheon reach more people. In some of his tweets, Baz described how it became more and more apparent to him that Pantheon had an information problem. I really agree with him and the way he puts it “Even when the answers to your questions are out there, they’re still far too difficult to find.”

Like many people here, I’m a veteran of the mmo genre, I’ve been a part of many mmo communities and a member or numerous guilds and groups of players. And just like Baz and a lot of people here, I want to try and help Pantheon be as successful as it can be. It might be on a smaller scale but I talk it up to the people I’ve played with over the years. But as many of you may know, it can be hard to keep the flame of interest going when release is still far-off in the future. I then came across Baz’s tweet about the information problem, and it reminded me of some nice pieces of information that became harder to find when VR overhauled their old website, infromation that has always helped me feed the flame.

See, one thing that made me interested in Pantheon in the first place back in 2017 was one of Brad’s quotes “I want to create worlds not games.” It struck a chord with me because more than books, movies, or video games I love worlds, I love to dive in a new universe headfirst. Sure a game has to be good but I love lore, I can spend hours devouring lore about any universe, Lord of the Rings, Warhammer, Star Wars, Warcraft, Harry Potter, A song of ice and fire, you name it. Two or three years ago, I had a long flight and rather than watch a movie on my laptop or read an ebook on my Kindle, I had opened all the lore pages of the old Pantheon website on my phone so as to be able to read them during the flight with my phone in airplane mode.

I agree that lore may not be the most important thing to a lot of people and that it may not be the most important information to have out there about the game. But I know that when I bring up the game to the people I hope to one day play Pantheon with, they’re interested about its tenets and core principles even when their interest is also dampened by the still far-off-in-the-future release date. I also know that that birds of a feather often flock together and that just like me, they love worlds and lore. I know from our discussions over the years, our tabletop RPG sessions, our hours spent on RP servers that even if they can’t experience Terminus yet, they would be more excited about its progress if they could project themselves in it. Unfortunately, with the new website, most of if not all the lore about the world of Terminus is now inaccessible making it harder for anyone to project themselves into this world world without any lore to substantiate its image. I mean, even I read the lore once or twice on different occasions and I would love to do so again because my memory of it can hardly do justice to the lore of Terminus. I don’t care if some of this lore is provisional and later revised or retconned, I mean, even Tolkien kept revisiting and revising his mythos until his later years.

So let me ask you guys, would any of you know of a way to access the lore that was on the old website or perhaps know someone who might have copy-pasted all these pages for safekeeping?

Nol.

• 63 posts
    April 27, 2021 9:28 AM PDT

You can try https://pantheonriseofthefallen.fandom.com/wiki/Lore

or check out some of the lore Pantheon Plus or Chris Kane put out on Youtube.

I agree, finding the information can be frustrating sometimes. Even googling Pantheon Wiki to find the above link resulted in a LoL  site as the top result and I had to google Pantheon Rise of the Fallen Wiki to find what I was looking for. It would be nice to see it added back to the main website or forum posts like the New Forum Members - Starter Kit updated or replaced with more current information. Although, there are links to some forum posts in the Starter Kit that give great timelines that can be really helpful.

• 17 posts
    April 27, 2021 12:44 PM PDT

Thanks a lot for the link Edaemus! It's been soi long I can't remember if it's all the lore that there was on the website but this is plenty to refresh my memory. Thanks again!

• 63 posts
    April 27, 2021 2:53 PM PDT

No problem, if Therek sees this he may be able to point out some additional resources as well since he has a great understanding of the Lore for Pantheon. Oh, and I forgot to mention, if you haven't already be sure to check out Therek's (Pantheon+) two part interview with Istuulamae who writes the lore and the March Dev Roundtable. Some great insight into his thoughts and future plans. 

Dev Roundtable: https://youtu.be/6kfe5VDk1uM

Therek's Interview:

Part 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6NZlN1e_Y4 

Part 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZF_TD6MSJFk

• 161 posts
    April 27, 2021 6:37 PM PDT

Now, not all of the stories are here.  I've ran into several pages that aren't available at all, but this is another resource that's easy to track since it's still laid out like it was.

Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen (archive.org)

If you have specific requests that you run into that you need, let us know and we can cobble it together.  There are several of us in the community that have saved pretty complete archives.  I'd like to start updating several things on this site like the timeline and just reposting several of the old lore articles from newsletters and the website.  The old newsletters had a lot of lore that you can't just find on the old site under the lore tab.  Hope this helps a bit too.  Also, any questions, just throw it in here. Lots of nerds running around.

• 17 posts
    April 28, 2021 5:38 AM PDT

Thanks so much to the both you.

@Edaemus, thanks for the videos, I've already watched them after all Pantheon+ is like part of the Trinity of YT for pantheon along with Nathan and Baz and if you check the comments on the dev roundtable video you'll see one of mine pleading for a reupload of the lore section as well !

@Benonai I can't thank you enough for that link, I'll get to copy-pasting right away just in case! And yes I'm definitely very very very interested in the lore in the newsletters ! I've checked my inbox but the oldest newsletter I could find was from 2019 so I guess I must have missed quite a few.

This post was edited by Nolrach at April 28, 2021 5:40 AM PDT
    • 377 posts
    April 28, 2021 8:32 AM PDT

I'm right there with you Nolrach! I think the missing lore is an issue, but I know it's just a matter of time and resources before it's back in some form on the new site. The links mentioned already are reasonable options in the interim. Thanks for the shout out Edaemus! 

The only other thing I would mention is to check out  https://www.pantheon.plus for some great fan fiction. We want to include a lore library there as well, so that may be something that comes online sooner rather than later. As Benonai said, if you want to know something specific, a few of us have most of the lore archived and can search for an answer to a specific question or discuss a certain area.

Cheers!