Forums » News and Announcements

We're Hiring A Linux Administrator

• 9115 posts
    April 19, 2021 5:26 AM PDT

Visionary Realms is looking for an experienced Linux Admin. The candidate has a strong functional understanding of Linux and networking. This is a remote, contracted position.

Visionary Realms is a small, independent studio working remotely. We are strongly committed to our project and are looking for like-minded individuals who are able to perform reliably and independently, and who are able to communicate effectively and efficiently.

Required Experience

-Fundamental Linux and networking skills/knowledge: both function and performance measurement/tuning. Ubuntu preferable
    -Functional technology knowledge: AWS, OpenSSL, SSH, Shell scripting, python, HTML/JS/CSS, PHP, Apache, Nginx, MySQL, Postgres, APIs (REST/SOAP), VPN, CI (Jenkins, etc.)
    -Best practices: Security, automation and communication
    -Must be flexible and a team player

https://visionaryrealms.com/career/linux-administrator/

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at April 19, 2021 5:28 AM PDT
    • 47 posts
    October 3, 2022 2:18 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

Visionary Realms is looking for an experienced Linux Admin. The candidate has a strong functional understanding of Linux and networking. This is a remote, contracted position.

Visionary Realms is a small, independent studio working remotely. We are strongly committed to our project and are looking for like-minded individuals who are able to perform reliably and independently, and who are able to communicate effectively and efficiently.

Required Experience

-Fundamental Linux and networking skills/knowledge: both function and performance measurement/tuning. Ubuntu preferable
    -Functional technology knowledge: AWS, OpenSSL, SSH, Shell scripting, python, HTML/JS/CSS, PHP, Apache, Nginx, MySQL, Postgres, APIs (REST/SOAP), VPN, CI (Jenkins, etc.)
    -Best practices: Security, automation and communication
    -Must be flexible and a team player

https://visionaryrealms.com/career/linux-administrator/

Oh... SWEET!!

Just now found this... :)

Crossing my fingers!

Would LOVE to play Pantheon on a Linux machine! Just sayin' :D

ps- I know... I'm not holding my breath...

This post was edited by Qendiil at October 3, 2022 2:22 AM PDT
    • 252 posts
    October 3, 2022 7:50 AM PDT

I'm guessing this is for internal IT systems. Looks like web services to me. Now I wish I had kept up on my Linux/Unix skills professionally. 

This post was edited by Ruinar at October 3, 2022 7:51 AM PDT
    • 47 posts
    October 5, 2022 2:35 AM PDT

I think you are probably right, Ruinar

I got excited for a minute tho... :o