Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Community Debate - Patch Notes

• 690 posts
    April 9, 2021 1:17 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

Community Debate - Patch Notes - Do you like reading patch notes or would you rather just jump in-game and check stuff out after a big update? #MMORPG#CommunityMatters

I like reading the patch notes as I update. I love it when the biggest changes are nice and bold/bulleted so I can get to theory crafting right away.

• 256 posts
    April 10, 2021 3:12 AM PDT

It depends on the content of the patch. In general, I usually read up on any changes that affect the healing classes, the current raid tuning, or item changes that would apply to me. For major content patches I usually just do a brief read to figure out how to access what is new and then jump in to experience the content myself. 

• 1428 posts
    April 10, 2021 10:16 PM PDT
    tldr on the launcher, can click if i see something interesting for more detailed info.
    every modern mmo does this.
    better to have clear communication with your customers.
    • 15 posts
    April 11, 2021 4:12 PM PDT

I always read patch notes!

• 454 posts
    April 20, 2021 6:17 PM PDT

Patch notes are really important.  It's like changing the rules to the game.  I need to know...every change.

• 245 posts
    April 21, 2021 9:14 PM PDT

For all my years of playing EQ I never read any of the patch notes.

Then in every MMO since I've always read them.

I kinda wish I could go back to being blissfully unaware like I was in EQ and simply enjoying the game more, less min/maxing etc.

• 2001 posts
    April 23, 2021 1:32 PM PDT

Patch notes are a great source of info and I'm grateful if I have them regularly available. But like the spare tire in my truck, they are of most interest when something goes wrong. If I'm having no tech problems, and not puzzling about some new game feature that I've heard about, I'll happily skim quickly over them as the launcher is updating. However long it takes to finish, that's now long I spend on the notes.

But when an unexpected glitch or crash hits me twice, I'm back reading those notes word for word, for the last 2-3 updates.

• 2138 posts
    April 24, 2021 4:05 PM PDT

I like reading patch notes, especially when I get to see the humor behind the Devs work in their comments like: NPC will return to X after event Y is completed instead of staying in the bar longer and calling random players in zone to get drunk with him, we apologize for errant player behavior. The reccomended drinking age in thronefast is 5, ID's will be requested. Or something like that.