Forums » Pantheon Classes

Swashbucklers?

• 57 posts
    April 5, 2021 10:37 PM PDT

I was wondering if it would be possible to play any of the DPS like a swashbuckler.  I am not sure if they would fit in the lore, but the pirate appearance is usually well received.  I am posting here because I am not sure who it would fall better under, Rogue but not as sneaky stabby, Ranger but not as woodsy, or Bard but not as magicy.  I am not sure if the mastery system would allow someone to build a "Swashbuckleresque" play style, but felt it important to ask.

Cheers,

Tahoe

• 4 posts
    July 8, 2021 2:36 PM PDT

I think that definatily depends on like, what a swashbuckler would be? If its just asthetic, im sure there will some form. or if you wanted to go like a ranger but focus more on melee than spells? 

• 392 posts
    July 8, 2021 2:47 PM PDT

Well they are the rouges of the sea, with the mastery system there may be some way to build one to be more "in your face" combat style.

We wont really know until we get our hands on the game.

• 1992 posts
    July 8, 2021 4:56 PM PDT

I plan on making a Dark Myr Rogue. That might get you a more nautical visual theme for a Rogue. Or not.

We won't know till further on what kind of visual style the Myr will have though, it may or may not correlate with the classic Swashbuckler.

I do like to Buckle some Swash though :)

• 945 posts
    July 17, 2021 11:40 AM PDT

I think any dual weilder could fit the role of swashbuckler if you wanted to role play it... the race may play a part in that too; When I think swashbuckler I think agile, so Elves, Myr etc, but maybe not an Ogre.