Forums » News and Announcements

Own a piece of Pantheon history!

• 20 posts
    June 13, 2021 3:46 PM PDT

Jothany said:

That's a great idea, glad to see VR doing something like this. Beautiful images too.

Now on the other hand, these items you're selling are described as "original and unique assets and art". (maybe I'm missing something obvious) But it doesn't seem to say, are they physical art pieces, like printed photos or posters? Are they framed and mounted? Are they just digital files of those images? And what size is each image? More info please!

I think all of us want a cloth map!! However,  that might be a stretc, outdated.  I still have my kunark one framed. 

• 2000 posts
    June 13, 2021 5:11 PM PDT

Saamir said: I think all of us want a cloth map!! However,  that might be a stretc, outdated.  I still have my kunark one framed.

It's not TOO outdated. The $3000 pledge comes with one :)

There was talk by Devs in the past of opening up pledge rewards to where you could pick and choose your rewards and just pay for the ones you wanted. I'm sure many of us are waiting and hoping to see that system, JUST for the cloth map (at something less than $3k LOL)

• 2138 posts
    June 24, 2021 2:19 PM PDT

So, if someone already owns something that interests me. (I can see the sale history on the site.) I can auction bid to the owner for that piece on that site, right? if they agree, will I be getting the original NFT? or am I getting a copy. 

Will VR be considering doing more as more areas get polished? like, one per major POI maybe? I'm thinking like BRK or ToRM?

• 103 posts
    August 9, 2021 12:17 PM PDT

Personally, I wouldn't buy a digital 'original' picture like what VR is offering. HOWEVER, say that there was an original painting, or even an original painting and then copies of it, and I'm talking a physical picture, I would 100% buy at least a copy, and quite possibly try to buy the original if the price isnt too hith. I think VR could probably make more sales off of that, however it also costs money to produce that so the profits could be lower, depending on how many copies they sell and how much they sell the original for (Which I could see gaining more traction because a higher percentage of the playerbase would likely see more value in an original physical painting than a digital artwork or screenshot. I really hope that this Idea gains traction and that VR puts this concept into consideraction, because I would seriously consider putting 50-100 into a physical painting/picture (and not like a screenshot but an artwork That can only really be seen as this physical copy), depending on size and quality. 

• 28 posts
    November 15, 2021 2:52 PM PST

Any plans for more NFTs in the future? I'd be interested in grabbing one or two.

• 9115 posts
    November 15, 2021 4:22 PM PST

zassik said:

Any plans for more NFTs in the future? I'd be interested in grabbing one or two.

We are currently discussing it internally mate, if we do we will let you know.

• 1273 posts
    November 15, 2021 4:23 PM PST

I finally got a crypto wallet last weekend, so I could finally participate if you do it again haha.  I tried last time but paypal wasn't an option ;)

• 223 posts
    November 15, 2021 4:26 PM PST

Jacasta said:

Personally, I wouldn't buy a digital 'original' picture like what VR is offering. HOWEVER, say that there was an original painting, or even an original painting and then copies of it, and I'm talking a physical picture, I would 100% buy at least a copy, and quite possibly try to buy the original...

Second this.

Though I may begin dabbling in crypto once the AU banks start supporting it on their online platforms (which is soon given recent announcements).

• 28 posts
    November 15, 2021 4:42 PM PST

Lafael said:

Jacasta said:

Personally, I wouldn't buy a digital 'original' picture like what VR is offering. HOWEVER, say that there was an original painting, or even an original painting and then copies of it, and I'm talking a physical picture, I would 100% buy at least a copy, and quite possibly try to buy the original...

Second this.

Though I may begin dabbling in crypto once the AU banks start supporting it on their online platforms (which is soon given recent announcements).

NFTs are more than a digital picture that cost more than they should. NFTs give you digital proof that you're not only the true owner of the image, but it's also digital proof of scarcity. 

Imagine if there were NFTs from before EQ ever went into alpha and before most people even heard of the game. Now imagine how much someone would pay for that all these years later. This is the new collector's edition except they're actually scarce.

I'd personally like to see some more original concept art or images of famous characters from the Pantheon universe in a new set of NFTs.

Concept art/original artwork would probably fetch a lot more than screen shots. I really hope we see it in the future.