Forums » Fan Creations

Crowsinger stories

• 231 posts
    March 18, 2021 6:30 AM PDT

In the Sway of Storms, complete ebook files

This novel takes place during the Deicide War, specifically between 470 and 484 IH

Older stories

I'm going to recompile my older stories into ebook files, then redo the links.

This post was edited by Crowsinger at May 19, 2022 5:38 PM PDT
    • 337 posts
    March 23, 2021 8:48 PM PDT

Thanks for this, Crow.  Will make it easy for someone just getting into it.

• 231 posts
    April 13, 2021 7:55 AM PDT

Now that it's finished, I've added a link to the full PDF of Hunting in Ember.

• 2001 posts
    April 13, 2021 1:34 PM PDT

I just wanted to add a comment of encouragement for you two. I'm appreciative that you're writing these stories. I'm sure I'd enjoy them, and plan to read them after release. (if you ever publish them, you can sign me up for a copy)

I haven't let myself read any fan fiction yet, but for only 1 reason. I'm trying to learn everything I can about the game, to be ready to play on opening day. I already have to work to accurately remember what I think I know, and periodically make mistakes when trying to recall this or that detail in a forum thread. I'm afraid that if I start reading fiction about Terminus and it's inhabitants, I'll just increase the chance of my having false assumptions about the game, which I'll then try to tell some poor newb who's asking a question about Pantheon LoL.

If it weren't for this, I'd be reading all the stuff you both write and commenting on your stories in this forum. So, keep up the good work!

:D

• 231 posts
    April 14, 2021 11:03 AM PDT

I've added a link to the PDF of new story "Oasis"

• 231 posts
    May 7, 2021 11:52 AM PDT

I've set a goal for myself this year that I want to do a lot of drawing and digital painting to try to get better at it. So I've been drawing characters and scenes from these stories.

I've added a "cover" picture to the PDFs of these stories:

• Song of Seret
    • Coldark Kestrel
    • A Crow of Murders

And I've added three pictures to this PDF:

• Hunting in Ember

All of them are a work in progress.

This post was edited by Crowsinger at May 7, 2021 11:53 AM PDT
    • 48 posts
    July 14, 2021 9:44 AM PDT

I just finished the 1st chapter of In the Sway of Storms. Just curious if these other stories were in any kind of order. If so, in which order should I read?

This post was edited by Xanafel at July 14, 2021 9:47 AM PDT
    • 231 posts
    July 14, 2021 3:37 PM PDT

Xanafel said:

I just finished the 1st chapter of In the Sway of Storms. Just curious if these other stories were in any kind of order. If so, in which order should I read?

The first six are in the order given, and it does matter because they're connected and early stories affect the later ones. So if you start with Orphan Druid and finish with A Crow of Murders, you're reading them in order. (Though Coldark Kestrel is only connected to the rest because the main character from Song of Seret shows up.)

Hunting in Ember and Oasis are standalone stories that aren't connected to anything else.

In the Sway of Storms (which I'm writing now) takes place 500 years ago during the Deicide War, so it's on its own too.

• 337 posts
    August 3, 2021 8:23 AM PDT

Jothany said:

I haven't let myself read any fan fiction yet, but for only 1 reason. 

If it weren't for this, I'd be reading all the stuff you both write and commenting on your stories in this forum. So, keep up the good work!

:D

Hey Jothany.  From both of us, thank you.  I know your post is older but I just ran across it.  Anyway, I will say now that Crow is tackling some historical lore in In The Sway Of Storms, we have both done a heck of a lot of reading to make sure we are capturing what is known from the lore with as much accuracy as possible.  So, anything that ties to things you'd expect from the lore, kings, timelines, location's you've heard of, should be pretty spot on and could be a fun and engaging way to remember the actual game lore in a more lasting way.  That was part of my goal in writing so far back in the past: to engage myself in the lore so I would remember it.  And hers and my stories often have the historical dates to coincide with what is going on as well.  Give them a shot!

• 58 posts
    August 4, 2021 8:11 PM PDT

I'm so glad you did this for my upcoming binge.

• 231 posts
    August 6, 2021 4:30 AM PDT

DMHarms said:

I'm so glad you did this for my upcoming binge.

Binge away!

• 231 posts
    May 19, 2022 6:53 AM PDT

I've added links to the complete story in two ebook formats.

• 2001 posts
    May 19, 2022 11:52 AM PDT

Benonai said:

Hey Jothany.  From both of us, thank you.  I know your post is older but I just ran across it.  Anyway, I will say now that Crow is tackling some historical lore in In The Sway Of Storms, we have both done a heck of a lot of reading to make sure we are capturing what is known from the lore with as much accuracy as possible.  So, anything that ties to things you'd expect from the lore, kings, timelines, location's you've heard of, should be pretty spot on and could be a fun and engaging way to remember the actual game lore in a more lasting way.  That was part of my goal in writing so far back in the past: to engage myself in the lore so I would remember it.  And hers and my stories often have the historical dates to coincide with what is going on as well.  Give them a shot!

I know your post is older but I just ran across it.  (And you thought your response was late ROFL!)

I really appreciate your explanation here to allay my concerns. It has given me a new perspective on these stories. I really want to learn a significant amount of the Lore before release, and you're absolutely right that reading some exciting stories embedded with Lore is likely to be a more effective - and fun - way to learn about it than reading a 'history book' account of it.

At this point in time I am at the start of 2 processes, one to relocate myself some 200 miles to a new home, and the other to have some medical issues with my vision repaired. Between them, my available time/ability to sit and read is almost totally consumed by my interactions on the forums.

I forsee improvements in these limitations not materializing until Autumn or the start of Winter. But when they do, I'm now determined to dive into yours and Crow's stories :) You might almost say I'm glad to know that Alpha won't be opening before I have the chance to do that. Almost. Sort of.. At least a little bit...

Thanks again.

Looking forward to spectacular conquests and horrifying deaths with you and Crow on Terminus.

• 58 posts
    May 19, 2022 12:47 PM PDT

This is so exciting. I can't wait to read this start-to-finish!

• 724 posts
    May 19, 2022 1:45 PM PDT

Thank you.  I have been lately hungry for content and this may be just the thing.  

• 38 posts
    May 23, 2022 3:53 AM PDT

I just started it. Cool stuff. Thank you.