Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

City of Wonder

• 26 posts
    March 16, 2021 5:22 PM PDT

I realize that all we have is a drawn map of the world of Terminus (and an incomplete one at that), but I was wondering what location/city you are most excited to explore based upon the image:

https://game-maps.com/PRotF/Pantheon-World-Map.asp

Personally, I am most excited to see Syronai's Rest (Dark Myr home city).  I think it will be super cool/unique to have an underwater city.  Hopefully it's beautiful.

• 220 posts
    March 16, 2021 6:40 PM PDT

Don't care all that much about any of the cities, but I am looking forward to seeing what the Steppes of Ru'Lun look like. I'm hoping they are similar to South Karana for the reasons I gave in my reply in this thread:

https://seforums.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/12832/tavern-talk-what-was-your-favourite-zone-of-all-time

• 810 posts
    March 16, 2021 6:50 PM PDT

My plan will be to find the highest mountains, and the whispering lands looks like a great place for a climbing montage. 

• 1281 posts
    March 16, 2021 7:46 PM PDT

I doubt Syronai's Rest will be underwater. I do think it will be heavily influanced by water, with water being everywhere and some parts underwater.

• 7 posts
    March 17, 2021 3:08 AM PDT

Agreed, seeing something like Atlantis for Syronai's Rest would be pretty awesome!  

I'm looking forward to Faerthale ;)

This post was edited by devoided at March 17, 2021 3:08 AM PDT
    • 184 posts
    March 17, 2021 10:34 AM PDT

I'm excited to see quite a few cities/locations, but I do agree if dark myr is underwater (I assumed it would be based on lore) it would be something special. Wild's End is so greatly done too. Everytime I see those halflings and wild's end, I get this warm, quaint childhood frolicing feeling with a little peter pan myster thrown in. Seems cool (i dont intend on playing dark myr or halflings fwiw)

• 2419 posts
    March 17, 2021 11:42 AM PDT

The Dead Vault.  I'm really hoping it isn't just some lowbie dungeon but rather a utterly massive, deep, dark, disorientating, claustrophia inducing dungeon filled with legions of the most dangerous of undead Terminus has to offer.

• 1860 posts
    March 17, 2021 12:32 PM PDT

I was asked this question in my Spotlight Community Member of the Month interview a few years back.  I'll just paste that here:

If you could enter the game and visit anywhere in Terminus for 1 hour, where would you go and why?
    A)  Every time I look at the atlas I am drawn to the volcano in the northern part of Reignfall.  Is it called Mount Ka’Druhorr?  I'd like to explore it for an hour.  I imagine there must be a large fire breathing dragon that lives there right?  

This post was edited by philo at March 17, 2021 12:35 PM PDT
    • 122 posts
    March 17, 2021 1:18 PM PDT

Vandraad said:

The Dead Vault.  I'm really hoping it isn't just some lowbie dungeon but rather a utterly massive, deep, dark, disorientating, claustrophia inducing dungeon filled with legions of the most dangerous of undead Terminus has to offer.

What he said.... same here

• 888 posts
    March 17, 2021 1:54 PM PDT
    The Burning Sanctum and The Dead Vault looks very interesting to me (I love dark / foggy / horror-themed zones).

I doubt Syronai's Rest will be all underwater, though that would be amazing if done right (and horribly annoying if done wrong). I'm expecting it to be half-submerged or possibly a giant air pocket that's fully submerged.

I'm most excited about exploring the world and I often prefer to stumble across tiny outposts in the middle of nowhere over visiting the main cities.
    • 2141 posts
    March 17, 2021 2:37 PM PDT

If you don't have it, the Hi-Res version that used to be on this site can still be DL'ed here: Hi Res Map of Terminus

Just looking at the Map, the place that most attracts me is the little village all the way in the top, left-hand corner. It looks so remote and inviting. It also looks a lot like Eastham (including the windmill), the town in AC I started in 20+ years ago.

But the place I've most wanted to visit for a long time is the Tower of the Reckless Magician. Partly because of how complex and full of cool stuff the interior looked in the stream they showed us years ago. (Of course that was likely 100% Unity assets as placeholders, so it will probably look quite different at release...) Whatever the interior looks like though, I think the view from the top should be one of the most expansive in the game. With enough draw distance, we might be able to see North all the way to Silent Sanctum, East all the way to Wild's End, and South all the way to the continent of Whitethaw. I could spend an afternoon enjoying those views and taking screenshots.

Jobeson said: My plan will be to find the highest mountains, and the whispering lands looks like a great place for a climbing montage. 

That's high on my list of priorities once the game releases. Maybe we'll have to organize a regular tour group that goes to the great scenic overlooks (once we can handle a given level) just to find a good spot and take some screenshots.

This post was edited by Jothany at March 17, 2021 2:37 PM PDT
    • 454 posts
    March 17, 2021 5:18 PM PDT

I am really looking forward to "Ru'Lun". It's listed as a port and I'm hoping to spend some time ex0loring Terminus by boat.  Sounds like fun!

• 256 posts
    March 18, 2021 3:46 PM PDT

I wouldn't mind getting lost in Wander's Lost.

• 247 posts
    March 18, 2021 10:15 PM PDT
    To be honest the skar hometown and starting area I really want to see that.
    • 46 posts
    March 21, 2021 6:13 AM PDT

Wilds End looks really inviting to go visit and explore.