Forums » Pantheon Races

new pledge race, future races

• 16 posts
    February 19, 2021 7:36 PM PST

What is this about? What is the new race in the works?  A troll? perhaps a va shir type race, what i do think is that Ogre is the only current big race or large race, and no i don't think he'll be wearing halfling or gnome chest gear, well maybe for a shield.... What does everyone think this future race is going to be?

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/game/races/

• 2036 posts
    February 19, 2021 9:36 PM PST

That is an open-ended possibility for expansions down the road. Not a promise of one race specifically, merely an acknowledgment that many players have favorite races that aren't present on Terminus, and VR is open to the possiblity of adding a race (or races) at some point in the future, should the game make it that far.

• 1860 posts
    February 21, 2021 12:24 AM PST

It's definitely Ratkin...;)

• 947 posts
    February 21, 2021 12:40 AM PST

@philo: Dragonkin :)

• 18 posts
    February 21, 2021 5:34 AM PST

As Jothany said, it's a mere acknowledgement that there will be future races (and classes) added to the game. There's no evidence as of today that there will be any more races added to the launch of the game.

With that said; these are some of the races I'd love to see in a future expansion!

1) Ratkin
    2) Orcs
    3) Some type of a Fae

I would also LOVE for VR to create some unique races that we haven't seen at all before, or at least not in any type of major capacity.

• 114 posts
    February 21, 2021 12:12 PM PST

lol, I was speed reading through the messages and mistook "Fae" for "Flea" and thought ... "Flea...wtf?"

• 2036 posts
    February 21, 2021 4:35 PM PST

Of the npc races we've seen so far, I'd also vote for Ratkin.

Although.... Flea might be awesome. Their size and speed would give them incredible dodge and parry skills. And they would likely be able to jump farther than a Rogue's rope or a Druid's bridge could reach. Their only downside would be that anyone who groups with them would suffer a low-level 'itch over time' debuff :)

• 16 posts
    February 23, 2021 1:15 PM PST

Instead of frogloks maybe it will be a toad race, like the battle toads, I think that would be awesome! But ratkin would be a great addition too! Or even if the dark myr had a gill-man cousin. I can't believe there are no regen races yet. Fae race, hmm might be interesting!

This post was edited by AwRy3 at February 23, 2021 3:25 PM PST
    • 2036 posts
    February 23, 2021 8:45 PM PST

AwRy3 said: I can't believe there are no regen races yet.

What is a regen race?

• 16 posts
    February 24, 2021 3:48 AM PST
    Regeneration, the troll and iksar of everquest had this. Shaman and druids could also buff you with this as well.
    • 2036 posts
    February 24, 2021 5:38 PM PST

AwRy3 said: Regeneration, the troll and iksar of everquest had this. Shaman and druids could also buff you with this as well.

It appears VR is aiming for Class regen abilities rather than Race.

The Enchanter has an ability Whisper of Tysire that increases your group's mana regen rate.

Also, the Druid ability list on the Wiki has 'Imbue Trait: Ashen Regeneration' which increases Health regen by 30% and the Cleric ability list there has 'Signet of Refreshing'  which 'improves the accumulation of your group’s unique combat resources.'

Finally, we were told in the past that Shamans would not suffer a slowdown of their various regens when in combat the way the other classes do, because of 'their unique relationship with time'. That was a while ago, and a lot has changed so I'd guess it's less likely to still be the case than the Druid and Cleric abilities I mentioned, but I've never heard for sure that it was gone.

• 16 posts
    February 25, 2021 11:21 AM PST

Yes, I didn't post under race to talk about classes, however, it will be nice to have another class that does mana regeneration, at launch. Now toads if they where a race, could have a poison damage shield proc dot, Reverse regeneration type thing, which has never been done in any mmo yet, to my knowledge. I am purely speculating, like wise a flea race might have a life leech ability or something. If vr wanted ideas they can look to their forums, all future stuff here!

This post was edited by AwRy3 at February 26, 2021 12:31 AM PST
    • 24 posts
    June 9, 2021 11:49 AM PDT

Just waiting for snake/lizardmen. Iksar were always my favorites in EQ and Argonians are my favorite Elder Scrolls race.

• 16 posts
    June 17, 2021 7:52 PM PDT
    My favorite EQ race was ogre, but the only ogre Character I made was a beast lord. Yeah iksar are my most played race and class, rogue us up there tho, Maybe this time it will be an ogre rogue haha.
    • 129 posts
    July 24, 2021 4:29 PM PDT

I downloaded EQ2 last night after not playing since like 2009... I realized I had many Arasai (evil faes) characters. I want to play as an evil fairy, despite being an Ogre shaman for a decade of my life.

• 520 posts
    September 6, 2021 11:23 AM PDT
    • 2036 posts
    September 6, 2021 2:29 PM PDT

Hegenox said: Snails

Kind of ...slooow to the thread, eh?  **snicker**

That clip is hilarious! Ole Clid there really (s)Nails it!

I'm sorry. It's a sickness.

• 2752 posts
    September 17, 2021 9:23 AM PDT

Snail could be cool haha.

• 1860 posts
    September 17, 2021 4:21 PM PDT

Iksar said:

Snail could be cool haha.

I don't know what that's from but I kind of like it...

• 2752 posts
    September 21, 2021 11:02 AM PDT

philo said:

I don't know what that's from but I kind of like it...

It's art of the Osharu race from the Starfinder TTRPG. Pretty interesting/unique snail/slug based race. 

• 2036 posts
    September 21, 2021 8:06 PM PDT

If it gets into the game, it absolutely HAS to have a Racial ability that includes slime!

• 392 posts
    September 21, 2021 10:44 PM PDT

Yes slime that dissolves clothing!

Wait no sorry wrong game.

• 2036 posts
    September 22, 2021 3:34 PM PDT

LMAO!

• 947 posts
    October 7, 2021 8:19 PM PDT

Praecant said:

Just waiting for snake/lizardmen. Iksar were always my favorites in EQ and Argonians are my favorite Elder Scrolls race.

Come on, this is the closest anyone else has come to my opinion of Dragonkin!  (D&D's Dragon Born, or even Everquests's Drakkin... I too loved the Argonian in Sky Rim/ESO and RP'd as a Dragonkin).

In a world where dragons once ruled, then left, it would be so amazingly easy to add Dragonkin to the lore in an expansion where dragons return to terminus and the original inhabitants of Terminus (Dragonkin) returning with them.  The Dragonkin could have even been dormant beneath Terminus' surface until the return of a Dragon.  Add: You KNOW there's going to be a dragon encounter in this game at some point...

This post was edited by Darch at October 7, 2021 8:21 PM PDT
    • 8 posts
    December 26, 2021 10:59 AM PST

Darch said:

Praecant said:

Come on, this is the closest anyone else has come to my opinion of Dragonkin!  (D&D's Dragon Born, or even Everquests's Drakkin... I too loved the Argonian in Sky Rim/ESO and RP'd as a Dragonkin).

In a world where dragons once ruled, then left, it would be so amazingly easy to add Dragonkin to the lore in an expansion where dragons return to terminus and the original inhabitants of Terminus (Dragonkin) returning with them.  The Dragonkin could have even been dormant beneath Terminus' surface until the return of a Dragon.  Add: You KNOW there's going to be a dragon encounter in this game at some point...

Well Dragonkind was confirmed as one of the creature types in the game along with humanoid, animal, plant, insect, undead, incorporeal, giant, fae, lycanthrope, vampiric, elemental, supernatural, ooze, construct, mechanical and unmortal so its definately a chance. These diverse creature types gives alot of exciting options for possible future races in Terminus.

This post was edited by Northstar at December 26, 2021 11:00 AM PST