Forums » Fan Creations

World Building Idea?

• 3 posts
    February 18, 2021 8:29 AM PST
    So I've listened to everything Pantheon on Youtube while I was driving a team Semi-Truck cross country for the past 5 years. And I Love this game!!

But now I have a lot of time on my hands and while playing Valheim with my friends I had an idea while we were building our first camp together... which now is a huge town!! (we're moving on to a create a Castle tomorrow after we spend all of today stocking up on stone... we don't have creative mode so a pickaxe it is!!!)...

Could you guys create a tool that works like Landmark and we as the few... the chosen.. the fans can just... build, build, build!!) Man Hours mean a lot in MMOs and you obviously wouldn't have to use everything.

I would Love to dedicate my time and creativeness towards an end goal of this being the New Everquest in memory of Brad's Dream of building a world!!

Love Y'all!
    - Matthew K
    • 1860 posts
    February 18, 2021 4:10 PM PST

There has never been a plan of a building tool similar to landmark or Valheim.  They have talked about the possibility of guild housing (outposts) but it has always been slotted in for "post launch".

This post was edited by philo at February 18, 2021 4:12 PM PST
    • 422 posts
    February 18, 2021 6:48 PM PST

I honestly would not want any kind of player building in the game.

It would end up nothing but a bunch of dick shaped objects everywhere.

Something like Player Studio maybe, where you submit designs and they are OK'd by the devs, sure. That'd be cool.

But a building tool in game directly letting people build in game without moderation.... no thanks.

• 2040 posts
    February 19, 2021 5:27 PM PST

SingerX said: Could you guys create a tool that works like Landmark and we as the few... the chosen.. the fans can just... build, build, build!!) Man Hours mean a lot in MMOs and you obviously wouldn't have to use everything. I would Love to dedicate my time and creativeness towards an end goal of this being the New Everquest in memory of Brad's Dream of building a world!! Love Y'all! - Matthew K

If I read this correctly, you are offereing to help with building the game if such a tool were available.

Thanks a bunch for the offer, that's very generous.

Letting fans help with development is a very difficult issue for almost any company these days. Anyone who creates Intellectual Property has some legal right of ownership to it unless it is paid for, either as a single purchase or as a salary to you while creating it.

Any for profit business that accepts meaningful amounts of work from 'volunteers'  - who do not earn any pay OR legal interest in the final product - risks running afoul of various worker's rights laws.

Like much of the modern world, it's a tangled knot of issues. Which is why I don't think VR would do it, even if they DID have such a tool available.

But I'm grateful for the offer, as I'm sure VR is.