Forums » Crafting and Gathering

Mechanics

• 22 posts
    February 15, 2021 12:42 PM PST

I just watched the Feb. 4th video and the recent video done with Cohh. I like what I'm seeing so far. It looks like you guys are doing a great job.

I was wondering about the crafting mechanics in the Feb. 4th video. It looks like VR decided to go with more of a Click > Create style of crafting system.

Honestly I was hoping it would end up being a little more like Vanguard in that aspect. If I was able to make a game and steal any one idea from VG it would have been the crafting system. I always appreciated the feeling I got like I was actually going through the whole manufacturing process.

So I guess my question is, Is it going to be a simple Click > Create like the video seemed to suggest or will there be a more interactive system set up later?

Thank you and keep up the good work.

• 2000 posts
    February 15, 2021 3:15 PM PST

BituminousBlack said:

I was wondering about the crafting mechanics in the Feb. 4th video. It looks like VR decided to go with more of a Click > Create style of crafting system.

They are in early stages of building the crafting system at present. The Crafting Dev - Nephele - is very active on this forum board. He has spoken in streams and posted here more than once about aiming for a more complex and interactive system.

Right now they are fairly early in the building of Crafting, and are focusing on the basics of the system. Complexities will be added later once they have a basic structure in place. So at present you just click and wait.

It's very unlikely that the release version will be that simple.

• 768 posts
    February 18, 2021 1:04 AM PST

Indeed, crafting will NOT be a click to create mechanic.

They used this mechanic to display and elaborate on the underlaying philosphy and while doing so, they were able to showcase several stages/processes as an example of what people can expect. 

This post was edited by Barin999 at February 18, 2021 1:05 AM PST