Forums » Pantheon Lore

Monk Lore-Ashen Order, Silent Fist?

• 115 posts
    February 15, 2021 10:51 AM PST

In EQ there were a couple of "in-game" Monk guilds, the Ashen Order in Freeport, (affiliated with the Paladin guild The Knights of Truth I think) and the Silent Fists in North Qeynos.  In EQ2 these guilds were moved out of the cities and sent to a desert.

Each of these guilds offered headband  and sash quests that eventually became prerequisites for the Monk's Epic quest (1.0).

The drawback to these is that none of the items were actually visible, except for the later Robe of the Whistling Fists, and the Robe of the Lost Circle.

Does anyone know if there will be a a full lore backstory/guilds for Pantheon Monks?  I've seen some great lore on Archai Monks, but that seems more race than class based.  And since streams (Cohh) have shown both headbands and sashes, will they be visible?

This post was edited by Nagasakee at February 15, 2021 4:10 PM PST
    • 2 posts
    February 15, 2021 4:14 PM PST

Hope they get something in there along those lines and confident they will even not quite exactly the same.  The headband and sash quests were my favorite part of early stages of monk life in '99-'00.

• 2808 posts
    February 16, 2021 10:31 AM PST

No love for the Swift Tails and shackle quests? 

I do hope they have something similar though, the monk quests were great. 

• 115 posts
    February 16, 2021 2:50 PM PST

You are of course right, I did forget about the Swifttails, and Master Glox (?SP?).   The lizzie monks had this incredible regen I was always jealous of :)

Yes the Monk quests were wonderful, and the Lore behind them even better.  I really hope Joppa has designed stuff like this for the class.  I have faith in him!

This post was edited by Nagasakee at February 16, 2021 2:51 PM PST
    • 954 posts
    February 16, 2021 7:43 PM PST

Of course this would be great. It would actually be great to have an entire 'class guild' story loop for every class. If VR doesn't have the resources to do it for release, I hope they keep it for an expansion. ChapterHouses around the world, class specific quest lines, a huge 'cultural enrichment' for each class.

The coolest part would be class only quests, where groups of just one class have to complete quests for advancement. THAT will shake players out of their rut and make them think up whole new strategies for group play! (and might even make a ton of new social connections for players within their class)

• 115 posts
    February 18, 2021 3:36 AM PST

Jothany said:

The coolest part would be class only quests, where groups of just one class have to complete quests for advancement. 

That my friend would be awesome.  What a great idea!   Hope it happens.

• 89 posts
    February 18, 2021 3:53 AM PST

Jothany said:

The coolest part would be class only quests, where groups of just one class have to complete quests for advancement. THAT will shake players out of their rut and make them think up whole new strategies for group play! (and might even make a ton of new social connections for players within their class)

That's a fantastic idea. I love it!

• 954 posts
    February 21, 2021 4:18 PM PST

Thanks ya'll :D