Forums » News and Announcements

Disparate Worlds sat down with Joppa and Nephele

• 9115 posts
    February 14, 2021 12:48 PM PST

The @DisparateWorlds crew sat down with our very own David ‘Nephele’ Beach & Chris ‘Joppa’ Perkins to talk about Crafting & Gathering, check it out here:

https://youtu.be/5EZ7wqMCWyI

• 1281 posts
    February 14, 2021 1:19 PM PST

Caught it live (slightly delayed). Was great interview.

One thing I heard during the stream that Nephele was worried about was penalizing players who worked for weeks to craft something and have it fail. I would think that if pieces you used were built from underlying components - if there were a failure of the final piece or close to it, you may only have to re-craft some of the base components rather than everything.

Regarding the idea of some rare items being returned on failure - I think it would be neat to have an item flag like "indestructible" or something (think of item tags in EQ like Lore, No-drop etc). Indestructible items would be returned if a combine failed. It would also be easy for players to know which items would be returned and which wouldn't be.

• 523 posts
    February 14, 2021 7:27 PM PST

Not sure who those guys were, but I thought that was a well done interview.  Hopefully, you do some more with that team, the questions and interjections were good and the sound and tone of their voices was solid.

• 287 posts
    February 16, 2021 6:43 PM PST

This was a great interview.  I had never heard of this channel.  They did great