Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Could a cash *market* work if extra revenue is needed?

• 520 posts
    February 12, 2021 5:12 PM PST

No. I'd rather pay larger subscription fee and not see any form of cash shop/market.

Edit: Definitely looking forward for RL items though - esp Pantheon tee/coffee mug and Map of Terminus.

This post was edited by Hegenox at February 12, 2021 5:17 PM PST
    • 88 posts
    February 12, 2021 7:25 PM PST

Yes, a cash shop can work as long as it remains cosmetic only.   If it is a choice of eventually including a cosmetic shop or closing down the game, that choice is quiet easy in my opinion...integrate a cosmetic shop.  I realize that for some this is not a popular opinion, but one need look no further than SWTOR to see that it does in fact work.   That title started with a purchase price and a sub based model and then eventually became F2P, but it has stayed in business in very large part due to the cosmetic shop that it has.  VR has said numerous times though, that they currently do not plan to have it, but IF they do it would be cosmetic only. 

My caveat to this is: IF they do implement a cosmetic shop, any item should be bound to the player/account, so that it cannot be used as a method to generate in game cash.

This post was edited by Valheru at February 12, 2021 7:30 PM PST
    • 520 posts
    February 12, 2021 11:52 PM PST

Valheru said:

VR has said numerous times though, that they currently do not plan to have it, but IF they do it would be cosmetic only. 

My caveat to this is: IF they do implement a cosmetic shop, any item should be bound to the player/account, so that it cannot be used as a method to generate in game cash.

IF they ever decide that cosmetic cash shop is needed to keep the game afloat I hope all these cosmetic items will be available to obtain in game as well (as a drop, in regular shops, in special/daily points shops, quest rewards etc).

And yea the binding to account is a good idea as well!