Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Community Debate - What features or mechanics

• 9115 posts
    January 18, 2021 3:52 AM PST

Community Debate - What features or mechanics are you most looking forward to in Pantheon and why? #MMORPG #CommunityMatters

• 46 posts
    January 18, 2021 4:27 AM PST

The loggin screen, because it means I can play the game

P.S. 
    I hope everyone can take this joke for what it is

• 220 posts
    January 18, 2021 7:49 AM PST

I am really looking forward to doing long distance supply runs moving various kinds of raw crystals, each of which can only be harvested from a specific zone or continent; more specifically, those that have not been transmuted for use in crafting. I just love the *cough* yet to be announced mechanic where a raw untransmuted crystal is too unstable to travel through the void and must be transported via foot in order to be sold within the local area of a rare race/deity specific transmutation device. This mechanic makes buying low in one region and then selling high in another a reality and I’m so excited to *cough* lose track of time doing so.  

This post was edited by Nekentros at January 18, 2021 8:18 AM PST
    • 151 posts
    January 18, 2021 8:11 AM PST

Death being more than a free teleport. Adds being something you are fearful of. Lack of raid and group instances flooding the world with the same loot.

Mostly I look forward to getting lost in a world. Exploring, hanging with friends, and trying to discover something no one else has.

• 125 posts
    January 18, 2021 11:58 AM PST

Perception/Story/Lore/Discovery

• 231 posts
    January 18, 2021 12:52 PM PST

There's no specific mechanic I'm thinking of, but something more general. A game in which the mechanics encourage cooperation, in which working together has benefits more than working alone.

Just an example from another game... though I don't like that anyone can do anything in GW2 and there's no real benefit to a party other than numbers, I thought it was interesting that the resurrection mechanic was set up in such a way that people just habitually rez one another when they have a chance. You don't *have* to, but it gave players a nudge toward cooperation

So just in general, different class abilities that, when used together, encourage cooperation and emergent gaming. And other structures in the game that make it better to cooperate to get something done. Crafts that require crafters in several different paths to collaborate. Learning of something up in the hills that you would only learn about if you had keepers with different stories comparing what they know.

I feel like since MMOs have been solo-friendly for so long, there might still be group-based mechanics that haven't been explored yet.

• 332 posts
    January 18, 2021 1:44 PM PST

Perception and Acclimation 

• 231 posts
    January 18, 2021 4:04 PM PST

I do love the things that help me feel part of the world. Perception and lore and how it all fits together is very exciting.

• 226 posts
    January 18, 2021 5:57 PM PST

I am looking forward to the many combinations of classes and races. I love a wide variety of classes and I hope there are tons of spells and combat arts to go along with them. I don't care at all about perfect class balance, though I am probably in the minority. Being this game seems more PVE focused, as opposed to PVP, class balance it probably not a top priority.

• 88 posts
    January 18, 2021 6:40 PM PST

I am looking for the old school feeling that brought me to MMOs in the first place where not all classes are the same and each brings something unique to the group.  I'm looking for a fairly robust crafting and gathering system, interesting fights and raids, a sense of adventure, and character individuality via playstyle and also through the character creation process.

Please no threat/dps meters...it kills individuality to a large degree.

This post was edited by Valheru at January 18, 2021 6:43 PM PST
    • 690 posts
    January 20, 2021 5:58 AM PST

I am looking forward to challenging enemies with unique, memorable loot.

I want to take that unique, memorable loot and trade it for more unique, memorable loot, until I become what can be called a self twink.

I enjoy self twinking so much I've never actually twinked my own lower level character.

I love it when a game is challenging enough that even if I knock out the gear part early, as I tend to do, the game remains difficult.

Everquest, for example, killed me just fine even though I had near top-tier equipment (EQ still had things I didn't care for like fungi tunic and no drops from top raids) by level 16.

This post was edited by BeaverBiscuit at January 20, 2021 5:59 AM PST
    • 724 posts
    January 20, 2021 8:37 AM PST

Story, danger and shared human experience. 

Perception system.

Travel as a challenge.

Helping others with class/race tools and crafts.

Climbing, the expansion of searchable/playable areas. 

Customizing my character and style to be unique and memorable.

This post was edited by StoneFish at January 20, 2021 8:40 AM PST
    • 144 posts
    January 22, 2021 8:24 AM PST

I'm excited for top tier Raid mobs to have several differen't dispositions each time I face them. That way its a differen't fight each time, at least until I kill them many times over and over. 

• 252 posts
    January 22, 2021 8:30 AM PST

The primary thing I am looking forward to is breaking free from the "trinity".  I want the support/CC roles to be not only valid but also required. The other features are interesting and will add to the dynamism of the game, but primarily I am looking forward to the group centric combat mechanic where everyone doesn't have to play cookie cutter characters.

• 441 posts
    January 22, 2021 8:55 AM PST

I love playing support classes that are loved and needed. Making a Bard and having a game that has real class interdependency is all I need. I really need a game where classes are unblanaced and shine at what they do but need others to get the job done. Sick of MMOs where all classes can fill all roles and dont need each other. 

This post was edited by Nanfoodle at January 22, 2021 8:57 AM PST
    • 2036 posts
    January 22, 2021 11:54 AM PST

I'm most looking forward to 2 things.

First is climbing, because I've never played a game where climbing was anything more than an occasional challenge here or there. I want to spend more time on the landscape than on the roads and paths. I'm also mildly acrophobic, so I expect to have INTENSE excitement as I climb vertical walls at dizzying heights, watching my stamina slowly run out!

Second, to underwater adventures. Because I've never enjoyed the mechanic in the other games that had it, and VR has acknowledged that many games do it poorly and they intend to do it well. I'd like for once to be as familiar with the river, lake and ocean beds as with the terrain around them.

• 2138 posts
    January 22, 2021 1:44 PM PST

Clickies or lowbie items with procs that I earnestly quested when level appropriate and seemed to take ages, that are discovered by top end raiding Min/Maxers to actually havee a benefit 40 levels later.

in other words, small inconsequential things that turn out to be must-haves. But I suppose this can only be discovered by the payer base and cannot really be coded in. 

This post was edited by Manouk at January 22, 2021 1:46 PM PST
    • 88 posts
    January 22, 2021 1:46 PM PST

Being able to add Glyphs or Runes to Epic quest items so they remain relevant at endgame! 

• 3852 posts
    January 22, 2021 5:54 PM PST

After half a week I still cannot improve on what Zosu started the thread with. Though perhaps he or she edited the post and did a poor job with the edit. Reading the first line I don't even see a joke.

• 112 posts
    January 22, 2021 7:11 PM PST

Kilsin said:

Community Debate - What features or mechanics are you most looking forward to in Pantheon and why? #MMORPG #CommunityMatters

There is couple I am waiting to experince they are as follows ....

1. Mastery System - Being able to customize my abilities/skills/ spells to how I want to play my character. To me this seperates myself from others because I am my own individual and being able alter the skill levels to my playstyle and not some cookie cutter format that already decided for me ... now I have control of character.

2. Climate - Finally putting the enviroment into PVE! Enviroment also efffects our gameplay, our surrondings ..our combat. That my friends helps draws me into the world ...immersion....brillant!

3. Perception - I like this mechanic as well it intrigues me but I wont know for sure until I try it. Its unique approach to lore that also may lead to different paths for end result based on how you answer and what you did to get to that point. I am player who loves to try everything in a game questing, crafting, exploring, pvp (on occasion) and etc. I am anxious to try this out and finding out more about the lore of the game i think this will help me out.

4. Death Penealty (risk) - I love this mechanic! Now the thrill of excitement of the looming death may cause if you fail in combat! Now my death has meaning don't need to say anything more than that.

5. Warrior mechcanics/abilities - Giving us warrior a unique approach with our abilities (from what read and seen on streams) and able to bring something to group that is fresh and unique to group makeup that is different from the Paladins and dire lords... Thank you VR!

There is some other stuff I am looking forward to but these stand out the most for me.