Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Question about lore on today's stream

• 61 posts
    January 10, 2021 9:24 PM PST

Heya, Just curious, i saw the stream later today when it was finished. Someone posted a question in the stream and as far as i know, it wasnt answered.

There was a rather large amount of lore and one of the lore piece was just before you start an adventure. The fellow's question and my question as well, Is there a way to get that much lore and read it in a journal or something? In a pick up group, no one is gona want to read all that! Yes i know, shame and all that but the main question still stand. Am i gona be able to retain the lore a quest giver is telling me/the group? Perhaps to re-read it all later. Basically, i dont want to miss anything because of the "Skip, skip, skip factor".

Great Stream btw today. Is this a new intro or was this just made to present to future investors? Bit ambiguous in that aspect.

• 612 posts
    January 11, 2021 9:37 AM PST

They have said that you will have a Journal (probably with a cool name) that will contain all the Text you've collected from reading things or in NPC chat screens. You can then re-read it later if needed.

• 768 posts
    January 12, 2021 11:38 AM PST

There is a moment on the  stream, where you can actually see in the questjournal of Coh. Where the conversation of his ongoing quest was readable.

• 470 posts
    January 12, 2021 3:17 PM PST

Yeah they've said there will be something of a codex that you'll have as Goofy pointed out. But one thing that I liked was how you could stealth in and eavesdrop on conversations. There's a lot of fun and creative stuff they could do with stuff like that. Surprised more MMOs haven't slipped some of that sort of thing in. I could see them adding in quest that might only be obtained by listening in on stuff like that. Be a good combo with the Perception system.