Forums » Fan Creations

THE ROAD TO ALPHA

• 2886 posts
    December 14, 2020 12:40 PM PST
    As we approach the end of 2020 and another year of development on Pantheon is in the books, it’s about time we get some real answers to the question that everyone is asking: WHEN IS ALPHA? This a detailed state of the game report and to-do list that explains the order of events that need to happen before Alpha testers can be brought in. It does not contain any exact dates, but if you just want general time frames to know whether or not you can reasonably expect to see Alpha in 2021, watch this video in full: https://youtu.be/wRhQPo1Dhzw
    • 4 posts
    December 14, 2020 3:08 PM PST

Hopefully it is a short road with no trees or avalanches blocking the path.  I pledged for Alpha/Beta access, so I am patiently waiting, but super eager.  Thanks for the info that you and the other content streamers provide.  I am sure there are plenty of people that have either given up hope, or at least put Pantheon 'out of sight; out of mind' over the years as they stretch out, but I still think it will definitely be worth the wait. 

I remember reading posts where people were guessing that Alpha would start in early 2019, and then early 2020, and now sometime in 2021... A lot of hopes and hype have been built on speculation, but I really really hope it starts by 2nd or 3rd quarter of 2021.  I have mainly been a console gamer for the last 5 years or so, so I am waiting to buy a new computer.  I want to wait to buy right around Alpha access, to get whats good then and not now...so, I am eagerly awaiting something semi solid as far as Alpha dates go.

Thanks again, Baz.  

• 2886 posts
    February 8, 2021 12:39 PM PST

As a follow up to this, Chris Rowan recently made a rare appearance on the developer roundtable to lay out the official plan to get Pantheon to Alpha in 2021. Here are my cliff notes from that discussion: https://youtu.be/kiH1ilfLuTA

• 231 posts
    February 9, 2021 4:36 AM PST

I'd love to see the sort of roadmap you're talking about. I would definitely be cheering them along as they reach each milestone.

It sounds like getting that upgrade done will be a very good thing.

• 8 posts
    May 12, 2022 6:27 PM PDT

It's been over a year since you posted this, still no Alpha but considering I just now arrived at the station, im glad I didn't miss the train.

• 1860 posts
    May 13, 2022 3:31 PM PDT

KoaBosk said:

It's been over a year since you posted this, still no Alpha but considering I just now arrived at the station, im glad I didn't miss the train.

It should be easy to temper your expectations then.  Read the above posts and gain insight.  Alpha will not be this year.  Alpha in 2023 seems less and less likely as the months tick on and the alpha list remains at 3 or 4 of 24 complete.
    Glad you are with us.  You have a lot to catch up on.  Please be realistic with your expectations.

• 19 posts
    May 14, 2022 3:31 PM PDT

My guess is q4 2024 for alpha. If they are dropping the NDA and allowing the game to be streamed, they can't say "its 50% done and that's good enough for alpha".

• 8 posts
    May 22, 2022 7:09 PM PDT

Philo, I’m not sure what you mean by "temper your expectations..." and "be realistic with your expectations.", when I’m merely stating a fact that the original post was a year ago and that I’m glad that I had not missed the preverbal train to alpha. There is no expectation in my post that you are quoting. However you are right about one thing, there is a lot to read here in the forums.