Forums » News and Announcements

Vote for Pantheon!

• VR Staff
    • 167 posts
    December 14, 2020 9:56 AM PST

MMORPG.com's Player Choice Awards are live! Head on over and vote for Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen for most Most Anticipated Persistent World/MMO. https://www.mmorpg.com/awards/mmorpg-players-choice-awards-2020-voting-now-open-2000120306

• 560 posts
    December 14, 2020 10:53 AM PST

Done. Thanks for the link.

• 2001 posts
    December 14, 2020 2:38 PM PST

Voted. Go team!

(hopefully this election won't be as much of a fustercluck as the LAST one I voted in)

• 4 posts
    December 14, 2020 3:17 PM PST

Voted...By the way...make sure to read the actual categories, because Pantheon is a choice in the very first question, but that Category is for Biggest Dissapointment...

• 560 posts
    December 14, 2020 5:17 PM PST

Ayepiddy said:

Voted...By the way...make sure to read the actual categories, because Pantheon is a choice in the very first question, but that Category is for Biggest Dissapointment...

I was wondering when I noticed that how many people would miss that important pecie of information.

• 902 posts
    December 15, 2020 2:41 AM PST

Done

• 24 posts
    December 15, 2020 8:00 AM PST

Oooh that first question is going to catch many people out, such a shame!

Thanks for the link, I've voted and shared with my guild.

• 16 posts
    December 15, 2020 3:09 PM PST

i voted with  my wallet now give me a reason to vote for an award

• 2001 posts
    December 15, 2020 6:12 PM PST

azmodeus said: i voted with  my wallet now give me a reason to vote for an award

Would you like to have more people pledge money to the game's development as you did?

Would you like the game to get released sooner rather than later?

Would you like to have plenty of other players in the game when it releases?

Publicity helps to further all of those causes.

Winning a popularity award on a major gaming fansite brings FREE publicity to the game.

• 16 posts
    December 15, 2020 9:09 PM PST

Jothany said:

azmodeus said: i voted with  my wallet now give me a reason to vote for an award

Would you like to have more people pledge money to the game's development as you did?

Would you like the game to get released sooner rather than later?

Would you like to have plenty of other players in the game when it releases?

Publicity helps to further all of those causes.

Winning a popularity award on a major gaming fansite brings FREE publicity to the game.

I would like the game to be released sooner rather than later, but realistically know that I have no power over this. I am an investor. I've given them capital. I've put my faith in the hands of Visionary Realms, because things like development, marketing, and PR are what they pay actual professionals to do. My own anticipation of this game hinges on my nostalgia for both the genre and the leadership. Would I tell someone else to throw their money down on it? Truthfully, no. What I would really like to see is the gaming community abandon the same culture of false hype that's negatively impacted games and developers for years now, which is why I say: give me a reason.

I've already paid in $250, so I think I've contributed more than most, possibly even you

• 2001 posts
    December 15, 2020 11:02 PM PST

azmodeus said: I would like the game to be released sooner rather than later, but realistically know that I have no power over this.

You've already wielded some influence to help the game get to release when you gave money. Voting for Pantheon would be another act that helps the game.

azmodeus said: I am an investor.

Sorry, but you aren't an investor. Investors receive stock and own a small piece of a company. You've pledged, which is a donation. There have been many threads about the difference.

azmodeus said: I've put my faith in the hands of Visionary Realms, because things like development, marketing, and PR are what they pay actual professionals to do.

I have to agree with you there. I've put my faith in them too. It so happens that the person who started this thread, Roenick, IS one of VR's marketing professionals. His red avatar with the letters VR is how you can tell he works for Visionary Realms. As part of his job of marketing, he keeps track of things like when fansites do these awards. Such events are FREE PR, and so like any good "actual professional" he was doing his job when he posted the link and asked us all to go vote.

azmodeus said: give me a reason.

If you didn't want to vote, there was no point in asking for a reason. You asked for one. I gave you three good ones. Didn't like em? Then don't vote.

azmodeus said: I've already paid in $250, so I think I've contributed more than most, possibly even you

I'm not sure what point you think you made with that statement. But I certainly found it informative (as might others), so thanks for that.

• 16 posts
    December 16, 2020 1:39 AM PST

Jothany said:If you didn't want to vote, there was no point in asking for a reason. You asked for one. I gave you three good ones. Didn't like em? Then don't vote.

You may have misunderstood me. I wasn't asking YOU for a reason. It was a rhetorical request to VR. It's not that voting is a hard thing to do. It's just the principle. My comment was a frustration catharsis at being asked to help a company win an award that, I feel, has yet to be earned.

As for my 'investment' (definition: "the action or process of investing money for a valuable return or material result"), you may consider it a 'pledge' or 'purchase' instead, but it is certainly not a 'donation'. If we really want to get semantic, then it is technically rewards-based crowdfunding.

"Reward-based crowdfunding: entrepreneurs presell a product or service to launch a business concept."

"Donation-based crowdfunding is the collective effort of individuals to help charitable causes. The major aspect of donor-based crowdfunding is that there is no reward for donating; rather, it is based on the donor's altruistic reasoning."

The point I was trying to make with the last part of my comment was that I'm not about to feel pressured by another fan to support this game in ways they see fit. Your response seemed like an odd, condescension-laced guilt trip. But I don't feel guilty at all. I feel comfortable with the contributions I've already made, and confident in VR's ability to do their own PR.

(Thanks for clearing up Roenick's role in this project. I thought he was just a nice face in an eternal struggle to find his corpse :D)

• 2001 posts
    December 16, 2020 2:46 PM PST

azmodeus said: You may have misunderstood me. I wasn't asking YOU for a reason. It was a rhetorical request to VR....

Well I have to admit that I was foolishly NOT wearing my mind-reading hat when I read your post. Which lead me to make the ridiculous assumption that someone asking a question on a public forum might possibly be seeking an answer. Silly me.

I'll leave myself a sticky note on the monitor so as not to make that mistake again.

• 768 posts
    December 16, 2020 9:42 PM PST

The site keeps loading. I just can't seem to be able to get in at all.

• 31 posts
    December 19, 2020 4:19 PM PST

Results have been Tallied.

Looks like Pantheon has won Most Anticipated Award for another year in a row.

Hope to see some solid progress in 2021!  Looking forward to it!

Jaz

This post was edited by Jazhara at December 19, 2020 4:19 PM PST
    • 166 posts
    December 23, 2020 7:27 AM PST

I missed the voting, sorry. I'm glad the Most Anticipated Persistent World/MMO went to Pantheon! Super sweet to get FREE positive marketing.

Here is the results link: https://www.mmorpg.com/awards/players-choice-awards-2020-winners-2000120445

• 106 posts
    December 23, 2020 3:37 PM PST

Hello. Missed the vote also (thought logging in once a year was enough, decided to log in once a month now. Guess i need to log in once a week now lol). Glad to hear Pantheon won the award, hope more awards/votes will follow in the year(s) to come.

• 47 posts
    January 12, 2021 7:29 PM PST

Ayepiddy said:

As of yet, that is what it is. There are only so many years I can hold myself in "anticipation" before I start to feel like I wasted my money on a pledge. 

• 287 posts
    January 14, 2021 4:53 AM PST

Jeremiahcp said:

Ayepiddy said:

As of yet, that is what it is. There are only so many years I can hold myself in "anticipation" before I start to feel like I wasted my money on a pledge. 

I can't help but file this under "Instant Gratification: This is the world we now live in".  If you can't understand why a very small team is taking a long time to build an MMO I suggest you download Unity and try building one yourself.  Hell, just write up a requirements/design document for an MMO.  You will very quickly see what a collossal undertaking it is and that, from what we've been shown so far, VR has made some pretty phenominal strides.

We all want to play this game yesterday but a little understanding goes a long way.  Unfounded negativity goes nowhere.

Congrats to VR for the recognition!

• 47 posts
    January 24, 2021 12:37 AM PST

Akilae said:

Jeremiahcp said:

Ayepiddy said:

I can't help but file this under "Instant Gratification: This is the world we now live in".  If you can't understand why a very small team is taking a long time to build an MMO I suggest you download Unity and try building one yourself.  Hell, just write up a requirements/design document for an MMO.  You will very quickly see what a collossal undertaking it is and that, from what we've been shown so far, VR has made some pretty phenominal strides.

We all want to play this game yesterday but a little understanding goes a long way.  Unfounded negativity goes nowhere.

Patiently waiting years is hardly reflective of "instant gratification". If you can't understand the difference between an instant and years, well then you have a few problems. 

• 902 posts
    January 24, 2021 2:03 AM PST

Jeremiahcp said:

Akilae said:

Jeremiahcp said:

Ayepiddy said:

Patiently waiting years is hardly reflective of "instant gratification". If you can't understand the difference between an instant and years, well then you have a few problems. 

If you don't think there has been significant progress recently that is worthy of praise then you need to revisit the most recent stream. Keep personal insults off this site! We can all disagree but there is no need to become personal. Argue the point is all that's needed.

This post was edited by chenzeme at January 24, 2021 2:04 AM PST
    • 47 posts
    January 24, 2021 2:24 AM PST

chenzeme said:

Jeremiahcp said:

Akilae said:

Jeremiahcp said:

Ayepiddy said:

If you don't think there has been significant progress recently that is worthy of praise then you need to revisit the most recent stream. Keep personal insults off this site! We can all disagree but there is no need to become personal. Argue the point is all that's needed.

I didn't use any personal insults. Sorry, if you find it upsetting that I am critical of their progress but considering they are collecting pledge money, they should be a bit more transparent with their pledges than they have been over the years. I have been reading their news posting for years, they are overly brief and devoid of details. Also, it has been around I think 6 years (maybe 5, I can't remember anymore) since I pledged, and only recently have I started to grow critical, so claiming I just want instant gratification was a bit absurd.  

This post was edited by Jeremiahcp at January 24, 2021 2:25 AM PST