Forums » News and Announcements

The Team Levels Up!

• 9115 posts
    November 14, 2020 8:28 PM PST

Fantheons - Please join us in welcoming David "Nephele" Beach to the team! He is joining Visionary Realms as an Associate Game Designer, working closely with Tim "Convo" Wathen with a focus on the Crafting and Harvesting system. 

We are very happy to have David join us and want you all to help us welcome him to the team!

Welcome, David!!

• 1785 posts
    November 14, 2020 8:35 PM PST

OMG, how could you hire *that* guy?  He's nuts!  Have you even heard some of his insane ideas?  :)

In seriousness, I'm super excited about the opportunity to join the team and help make Pantheon an even greater success!

• 8 posts
    November 14, 2020 8:47 PM PST

you sneaky guy!  Gratz :)   Crafting is definitely in good hands with the two of you

• 1273 posts
    November 14, 2020 8:48 PM PST

Congrats VR for getting such a passionate person for the job!  

And congrats Nephele for being that person :)

• 1315 posts
    November 14, 2020 9:21 PM PST

Trying to decide if this counts as guild sniping or not.  Congrats Neph and VR.

P.s. would rather work with Convo than Roenick 10/10

• 454 posts
    November 14, 2020 9:44 PM PST

Congrats Nephele!  Wonderful news!

• 768 posts
    November 14, 2020 10:29 PM PST

Congratulations Nephele and VR. That's another important step for turning Terminus into the true world it's meant to become.

• 560 posts
    November 15, 2020 12:50 AM PST

Congrats Nephele!

• 278 posts
    November 15, 2020 1:35 AM PST

Gratz VR and Nephele

As crafters this is like a early Christmas Gift :) This could be an execellent match as Nep has made alot of thinking on crafting on most is great.

• 612 posts
    November 15, 2020 2:10 AM PST

Congrats :-)

• 125 posts
    November 15, 2020 4:20 AM PST

Great news, always enjoy reading your well thought out posts Nephele and luckily for me I generally tend to agree!

• 76 posts
    November 15, 2020 4:32 AM PST

Congrats Nephele! You're making crafters everywhere rejoice!

• 500 posts
    November 15, 2020 6:35 AM PST

Grats Nephele!

• 24 posts
    November 15, 2020 6:55 AM PST

Gratz again Nephele, now bring it home mate!

• 47 posts
    November 15, 2020 7:25 AM PST

w00t!  Grats Neph!

• 1921 posts
    November 15, 2020 7:37 AM PST
    Nice, Nephele! Great to see. :D
    • 3852 posts
    November 15, 2020 7:37 AM PST

I withdraw all the things I have said over the years agreeing with Nephele on crafting or other issues. He is now one of *them* not one of *us*. 

Congratulations.

• 1479 posts
    November 15, 2020 8:27 AM PST

Congratz Nephele, your hard work will start shaping the game instead of ideas :).

I hope you will make me enjoy harvesting and crafting more than the chore it is in most MMO's nowadays.

• 1785 posts
    November 15, 2020 8:42 AM PST

MauvaisOeil said:

I hope you will make me enjoy harvesting and crafting more than the chore it is in most MMO's nowadays.

That is definitely a goal that I want to work towards! :)

• 1785 posts
    November 15, 2020 8:44 AM PST

dorotea said:

I withdraw all the things I have said over the years agreeing with Nephele on crafting or other issues. He is now one of *them* not one of *us*. 

Congratulations.

Couldn't be helped.  They have better coffee over here (Roenick brings it for us).  Sorry! :)

• 2 posts
    November 15, 2020 10:54 AM PST

Congratulations Nephele!  

• 13 posts
    November 15, 2020 11:34 AM PST

Congratulations Nephele And the VR team! 

I'd like to make a quick suggestion of making master crafting a parishable skill.  If you have to use your crafting to keep the higher level skill, those who tire of the game or crafting can't just keep making things for themselves once they get to mastery. This would keep crafting as something that will always need to be used, which would be a sponge to item bloat in the economy and also give new crafters a shot at customers.  I'd be happy to explain the idea more if I'm not being clear enough.  And of course feel free to ignore me :)

• 68 posts
    November 15, 2020 12:32 PM PST

Grats Nephele, if is one of the smartest moves VR has made!

• 1785 posts
    November 15, 2020 12:36 PM PST

gloth said:

Congratulations Nephele And the VR team! 

I'd like to make a quick suggestion of making master crafting a parishable skill.  If you have to use your crafting to keep the higher level skill, those who tire of the game or crafting can't just keep making things for themselves once they get to mastery. This would keep crafting as something that will always need to be used, which would be a sponge to item bloat in the economy and also give new crafters a shot at customers.  I'd be happy to explain the idea more if I'm not being clear enough.  And of course feel free to ignore me :)

Thanks Gloth!  That is a really interesting idea!  I'll definitely be interested in seeing more of your feedback (along with everyone else's) as we get going with getting crafting and gathering into the game :)

• 34 posts
    November 15, 2020 12:43 PM PST

Welcome!