Forums » Fan Creations

The Programmer Who Saved Pantheon

• 2886 posts
    November 9, 2020 12:18 PM PST

Visionary Realms' Lead Programmer Kyle Olsen recently appeared on the Developer Roundtable and provided some new details about what's going on behind the scenes with the code refactor, building state-of-the-art network tech, and more. Here is my quick summary for those of you who don't want to listen to full hour-long video: https://youtu.be/3hqIoVeW87A

• 368 posts
    November 9, 2020 4:51 PM PST

Nice!

• 189 posts
    November 10, 2020 4:05 AM PST

Thanks for this Baz!

I love the positivity you bring and the information that you highlight to show that VR and Pantheon are still on the right track, more so than before.

I'll admit, I've only watched a couple videos here and there, when I get around to it. I'm going to start watching more often now.

There's so many details being given by the VR team in Roundtables, streams, interviews, etc, that a lot of key information gets lost or doesn't get translated properly - especially for those of us who don't understand all the programing/coding/tech jargon.

Thank you for your dedication to Pantheon.

• 24 posts
    November 10, 2020 9:07 AM PST

Well done  as always Baz. for bringing light to the community. Great information reserched, informative and a good shot in the arm for the community. Kyle Olsen, kdo_92 may just be the ticket to (K.O.) all that stands in the way of Pantheon.

Thanks for your time again Baz /cheers. Till next timetake care of each other and be safe.