Forums » Pantheon Classes

Armor hierarchy question

• 945 posts
    September 8, 2020 4:35 PM PDT

Has it been confirmed that classes can only wear the specific armor type in their class description or is there a kind of hierarchy where if you can wear "heavy leather" you could also wear the "ligher" armors too?  

And with that question, if classes cannot wear versions of armor other than what is explicitly listed in their class description, why have a single armor type for a single class; alternatively, if classes can wear the "lighter" armors, why is it not listed?

From what I see on the class description now:

Heavy Plate (2):  Warrior, Paladin
    Light Plate (1): Cleric
    Heavy Chain (1): Dire Lord
    Light Chain (1): Ranger
    Heavy Leather (1): Shaman
    Light Leather (3): Rogue, Monk, Druid
    Cloth (3): Summoner, Wizard, Enchanter

Could do an armor tier within each role if they wanted to have armor type exclusive to classes:
              Heavy   Medium   Light
    Plate    War       Pal         DL
    Chain   Cleric     Shm      Druid
    Leath   Ranger   Rogue    Monk
    Cloth   Wiz        Enc        Smnr     

I know that likely won't fly, but I don't get why there would be a "Light Plate" category if only a single class can wear it - just call it Cleric only armor.  :-(  Hoping that it is just a work in progress/placeholder for the site :-/

• 2001 posts
    September 8, 2020 7:23 PM PDT

In the Pre-Alpha Shakeout vid we just saw recently, Roenick does a quest to find a "standard wolf pelt" which he takes to an npc who makes a new, better better piece of armor for him. The new one he gets from the NPC - and which he puts on and wears - is a "Wolf Fur Tunic". For a second we can see the tool tip for it. It is Light Leather. The original one he had from char creation was a "tattered tunic" which WAS Heavy Leather.

Of course anything is possible during testing phases, but given that the website used to tell us that you could wear any tier up to your limit, I have to believe that the function hasn't changed, just that the new site has 'de-cluttered' some things to look better and excess verbiage has been removed.

• 2752 posts
    September 9, 2020 10:28 AM PDT

Darch said:

I know that likely won't fly, but I don't get why there would be a "Light Plate" category if only a single class can wear it - just call it Cleric only armor.  :-(  Hoping that it is just a work in progress/placeholder for the site :-/

Bard also will wear light plate. 

• 945 posts
    September 9, 2020 5:18 PM PDT

Good to hear those things @Jothany & @Iksar.

• 888 posts
    September 23, 2020 9:38 AM PDT
    The website has been updated to show all available armor per class.
    • 6 posts
    April 12, 2021 10:32 PM PDT

Darch said:

That's fake news. Light Plate is not cleric only. There are 3 classes that can wear Light Plate: Warrior, Paladin, and Cleric. 

• 945 posts
    April 13, 2021 9:39 AM PDT

hombom said:

Darch said:

That's fake news. Light Plate is not cleric only. There are 3 classes that can wear Light Plate: Warrior, Paladin, and Cleric. 

You're almost a year late on this reply... the website has since been adjusted to reflect armor types (which is what this post was addressing).
    See Conterfleche's post from back in September of last year (right above your post)... when they made the change to the website.

This post was edited by Darch at April 13, 2021 9:41 AM PDT
    • 2001 posts
    April 13, 2021 1:44 PM PDT

They really should make the date of each comment a BIT more prominent. I think everyone who posts regularly has responded  at least once to a comment, only to realize after posting that it was a year (or 2 or 3) since the comment had been made ROFL.

Perhaps when the last comment is more than 30 days old it could be highlighted in Yellow, and when it passed 1 year it could turn red.

(I know there won't be improvements made to THIS forum. I'm just adding my suggestions for how to set up the NEXT ones we get)

• 1479 posts
    April 13, 2021 3:34 PM PDT

Jothany said:

They really should make the date of each comment a BIT more prominent. I think everyone who posts regularly has responded  at least once to a comment, only to realize after posting that it was a year (or 2 or 3) since the comment had been made ROFL.

Perhaps when the last comment is more than 30 days old it could be highlighted in Yellow, and when it passed 1 year it could turn red.

(I know there won't be improvements made to THIS forum. I'm just adding my suggestions for how to set up the NEXT ones we get)

I'd opt for grey faded font, but it might turn hard to read. It however, enforce the idea of "fading things away".

• 945 posts
    April 16, 2021 12:56 PM PDT

@Jothany & Mauvais - I agree.  

I think a simple "like" or "dislike" option would clean up a lot of the threads too.  As it stands, if you agree or disagree with a statement you have to make a public statement instead of simply showing approval/disapproval.

This post was edited by Darch at April 16, 2021 12:57 PM PDT
    • 1860 posts
    April 18, 2021 10:32 AM PDT

Darch said:

@Jothany & Mauvais - I agree.  

I think a simple "like" or "dislike" option would clean up a lot of the threads too.  As it stands, if you agree or disagree with a statement you have to make a public statement instead of simply showing approval/disapproval.

We used to have that but it was removed on purpose.  

The forum isnt that active as is.  We dont need to minimize replies.

This post was edited by philo at April 18, 2021 10:33 AM PDT
    • 392 posts
    April 18, 2021 10:45 AM PDT

A voting system just turns forums into an echo chamber chamber anyway, look at how much fun Pantheons reddit page is after all.