Forums » News and Announcements

Website Level-up.

• 560 posts
    August 30, 2020 9:03 PM PDT

I hear rummers thatr there is a spell check... It seem these rummers are false..

Well back to word to compose my replies. Sorry when I saw the post that spell checking was working on the forums it got my hopes up. I know this was a website update mainly and in the department I have to say well done.

• 724 posts
    August 30, 2020 11:20 PM PDT

Very nice that it's finally going live! Looks really good so far!

• 523 posts
    August 31, 2020 1:49 AM PDT

Hey Roenick, nice job on the website.  Credit where it's due.  Excited to see the following phases implemented.

• 125 posts
    August 31, 2020 3:16 AM PDT

Looks great! Looking forward to the updated lore section and rereading it all again

• 38 posts
    August 31, 2020 6:23 AM PDT

Very attractive!  Great job, y'all!

• 1019 posts
    August 31, 2020 6:28 AM PDT

Giggidy

• 31 posts
    August 31, 2020 7:57 AM PDT

I really like the fact that you finally put up the new logo. I really hated the old one with that orange font! On another note, I wouldn't mind if you put up background images here and there taken from the screenshot / art section, it'd make the whole website lmore... wholesome? The black background is a bit sad.

• 1921 posts
    August 31, 2020 8:07 AM PDT

starblight said:

I hear rummers thatr there is a spell check... It seem these rummers are false..

Well back to word to compose my replies. Sorry when I saw the post that spell checking was working on the forums it got my hopes up. ...

bigdogchris said:

vjek said: After 5 years, the reply box on the forums has spell check. Well done.
    What browser do you use? I'm on Firefox and the spell check still doesn't work.

Ok, so here's the reason I thought this was working.  The new site has a different hostname (seforums. .. ) and as a result, my script blocker treated the site as new, and stopped running their scripts.

If you do not run the javascript/scripts from the seforums site, the default/unthemed reply box has spellcheck.  Even now.
    As dorotea has pointed out, these aren't new forums.  They're the same forums with a different theme. 
    It appears that this theme, without the custom javascript-driven reply box, has spell check.  What you do with this information is of course, up to you. :)
    In any case, my mistake in thinking that after 5 years, they would finally add spell check to their reply box on their forums.  Not so, unless you don't load their custom reply form.

This post was edited by vjek at August 31, 2020 9:55 AM PDT
    • 1921 posts
    August 31, 2020 8:10 AM PDT

delete

This post was edited by vjek at August 31, 2020 8:14 AM PDT
    • 96 posts
    August 31, 2020 9:16 AM PDT

Website is looking great! Nice work :)

• 3016 posts
    August 31, 2020 12:04 PM PDT

And that will be a *DING*!!!!  hehe Beautiful job VR...easier to navigate thank you. :)  And I use the Chrome browser ...everything works fine. :)

Cana

This post was edited by CanadinaXegony at August 31, 2020 12:06 PM PDT
    • 3016 posts
    August 31, 2020 12:07 PM PDT

starblight said:

Well back to word to compose my replies. Sorry when I saw the post that spell checking was working on the forums it got my hopes up. I know this was a website update mainly and in the department I have to say well done.

I can spell check for you...rummers translates to rumours (Canadian version) or rumors (American version)   hope that helps :)

Cana

• 53 posts
    August 31, 2020 12:47 PM PDT
    Did the project status disappear from the website with the new facelift?

(The project status used to appear at the top of the pledge area)
    • 2036 posts
    August 31, 2020 12:57 PM PDT

gamexilor1 said: Did the project status disappear from the website with the new facelift? (The project status used to appear at the top of the pledge area)

If you scroll down to the VIP pledges (which are the ones that give pre-alpha access) you will see the status is still there.

• 3 posts
    August 31, 2020 3:15 PM PDT

I've been watching for some time and the new website finally got me to break out the card and pledge.    

However, I almost didn't finish the process, not sure if the old site had the same problem but when I choose to pledge it took me to a page to create an account.    I failed to notice the small white text error message under 'profile name' that my chosen profile name was already taken, and tried about 5 times.

In no case did it give me any kind of an error or redirect back to that error, I was assuming the site was not working correct and just about gave up when i tried one more time and noticed it popped up that message as I typed in my chosen name and I just had to change it.

If your seeing this and in charge of the site, you might want to make that kind of an error show up in red or something because otherwise it looks like the site is just broken.

• VR Staff
    • 167 posts
    August 31, 2020 3:53 PM PDT

Will upsize the text and make it a more obvious color. Thanks for the feedback!

• 53 posts
    August 31, 2020 7:17 PM PDT

Jothany said:

gamexilor1 said: Did the project status disappear from the website with the new facelift? (The project status used to appear at the top of the pledge area)

If you scroll down to the VIP pledges (which are the ones that give pre-alpha access) you will see the status is still there.

Ah ok.  Thank you for pointing that out.  Doesn't really make sense to me though to put the project status all the way down there.  VIP pledges are the only ones getting pre-alpha test privileges, but they aren't the only group that will be getting testing privileges before release.

I guess we'll be playing chase the location of the project status throughout the rest of the development as more tiers get entered into testing.

• 8 posts
    August 31, 2020 8:27 PM PDT

At long last!

• 902 posts
    September 1, 2020 8:23 AM PDT

Thanks for listening and putting the effort in. Looks great!

• 217 posts
    September 1, 2020 10:32 AM PDT

I love the changes, subtle but very nice.

• 223 posts
    September 1, 2020 12:51 PM PDT

I like it :)

• 1281 posts
    September 1, 2020 4:00 PM PDT

The one sore spot of the website update is that the Team page has been updated and I notice is that more people have recently left :( Bruno and Jason are the two that stand out.

This post was edited by bigdogchris at September 1, 2020 4:03 PM PDT
    • 363 posts
    September 2, 2020 12:07 AM PDT

New website looks fantastic. love the layout. I did notice there were some duplicate entries in the FAQ section (same question posted under multiple categories). Not sure if that was intentional but I thought I'd mention it.

• 523 posts
    September 2, 2020 2:14 AM PDT

bigdogchris said:

The one sore spot of the website update is that the Team page has been updated and I notice is that more people have recently left :( Bruno and Jason are the two that stand out.

They've lost a lot of major developers at this point, and they haven't replaced a single one.  Jason and Bruno were two A+ talents.  The spell effects guys they hired are all gone as well.  I assume this has to be financial as some of those were guys they simply couldn't afford to lose.  Going to be interesting to see development speed with just two programmers not counting the dentist, and only one animation/effects guy.  

• 30 posts
    September 2, 2020 4:01 AM PDT

Looks soo much better than b4 !!!