Forums » Fan Creations

EverQuest Next is Like My Ex-Girlfriend

• 2886 posts
    August 26, 2020 12:39 PM PDT

EverQuest Next broke my heart. And I know just by looking around these forums that there are many other people that had a similar experience. I've seen people say things like they’ll never be able to trust another MMO in development again because they’ve “been burned too many times.” And I totally get where they’re coming from. So some people ask me how, after all that, I am still willing to risk my time and money on crowdfunded MMOs like Pantheon. The best way I can explain it is that I treat EQNext the same way I treat my ex-girlfriend: https://youtu.be/COuk26wI5zo

• 6 posts
    August 26, 2020 1:07 PM PDT

Thanks for the stream. I've been pissed for years about how they sold the company and scrapped EQN.

If I'd ever had an ex girlfriend, I think I'd probably still like her MORE than that. >_<

Is there a possibility you can do a stream interviewing a CM & have them talk about the difference between the pledge's please?

Maybe talk about what happens to your current pledge if you upgrade, will you lose the gifts from the first pledge level?

What's the difference really between "Champion Access" and "VIP Access"? 

Do all pledges regardless of $100 or $10,000 get the same explorer tunic?

What do the vanity pets look like?

And another question is can they explain all they know about the name reservation? 

Will we choose our names before character creation?

And one more question is, is there going to be a cash shop? This might have been discussed previously but clarification is nice.

Thanks!!

This post was edited by Snuffy at August 26, 2020 2:14 PM PDT
    • 46 posts
    September 1, 2020 4:26 PM PDT

Bazgrim said:

EverQuest Next broke my heart. And I know just by looking around these forums that there are many other people that had a similar experience. I've seen people say things like they’ll never be able to trust another MMO in development again because they’ve “been burned too many times.” And I totally get where they’re coming from. So some people ask me how, after all that, I am still willing to risk my time and money on crowdfunded MMOs like Pantheon. The best way I can explain it is that I treat EQNext the same way I treat my ex-girlfriend: https://youtu.be/COuk26wI5zo

You guys catch that. So looking at a group of individuals that are mmorpg fans and especially Panethon fans means you have a high likelyhood of getting your heart broken? No Kidding genius but hold back on the sterotypes that stings a little. Lol jk

• 2886 posts
    September 15, 2020 4:23 PM PDT

Snuffy said:

Thanks for the stream. I've been pissed for years about how they sold the company and scrapped EQN.

If I'd ever had an ex girlfriend, I think I'd probably still like her MORE than that. >_<

Is there a possibility you can do a stream interviewing a CM & have them talk about the difference between the pledge's please?

Maybe talk about what happens to your current pledge if you upgrade, will you lose the gifts from the first pledge level?

What's the difference really between "Champion Access" and "VIP Access"? 

Do all pledges regardless of $100 or $10,000 get the same explorer tunic?

What do the vanity pets look like?

And another question is can they explain all they know about the name reservation? 

Will we choose our names before character creation?

And one more question is, is there going to be a cash shop? This might have been discussed previously but clarification is nice.

Thanks!!

Hey Snuffy,

I can actually answer most of these questions for you as they have been covered in newsletters and such in the past...

1. If you upgrade your pledge, you will not lose the perks of your original pledge.

2. Champion Access gives you access to certain subforums that are only viewable by those with Champion pledges or higher. VIP Access gives you access to a subforum that is only viewable by those with VIP pledges, as well as access to the VIP-only Discord channel, where VIPs can interact directly with the devs in real time and listen to the monthly roundtables live.

3 & 4. They can't answer this yet because it's far too early for them to work on cosmetics.

5 & 6. During beta, they'll send out a link to everyone that has that perk which will allow them to reserve one character name for launch. (There will be a character wipe between beta and launch)

7. There probably won't be a cash shop, although they haven't entirely ruled out the possibility of having a cash shop only for cosmetics.

Hope this helps!