Forums » Pantheon Classes

GCD/Spell Cooldown/Haste

• 41 posts
    April 5, 2020 6:37 AM PDT

So in the last stream with the shaman preview, I noticed that after casting a spell, there was a GCD but the spells started their cooldown on cast, not completion. This brings to mind about how haste will work (if we have it as a stat). In other games it affected things like GCD,casting speed and recast time, but with the Mastery system it can reduce the spells cast/recast time. With the current set up, the GCD appears to be about 1 sec and spells/abilities starting their CD on cast. Would you like or want haste to affect the cast/recast time of spells also? Would you prefer having a set GCD (1 sec) that isnt affected but haste or starting with with a longer cooldown but can be lowered? Or would it just affect swing times and casting speed? Or even Hot/Dot speeds for more ticks or faster ticks.

I can't wait to see more classes and see how it may interact with them but I'm torn on how I'd like to see it work.

• 888 posts
    April 29, 2020 7:59 PM PDT
    Haste should impact Global Cool-Down. There should be a separate buff that reduces recharge time and a third buff that reduces casting time.
    • 41 posts
    April 30, 2020 6:50 AM PDT

I could see haste effecting GCD and melee swing speeds. Then have a "spell casting buff" for casting or cooldowns. I'm sure there will be so much that the community will test and numbers will be changed as more people start to test. Can't wait till they annouce PA5, so we can get closer to alpha and beta.