Forums » Crafting and Gathering

Crafting Economy

• 70 posts
    February 17, 2020 6:07 AM PST

I have done crafting and I was never a big Fan of it. It was never really rewarding to me. I haven’t played that many MMORPG’s. There might be a game that did it right. But the ones I did play all have the same flaws.

Items made by a crafter are hard to sell. Items that are looted are just as good or better, a  crafter has to create a lot of unnecessary items just to become skilled. There are often multiple crafters adding more items than a community needs.
    In any case the prices drop and it all becomes a huge money sink. It is such much a money sink that I think that must be the reason to implement crafting in the first place.

There is more:

Items made by a crafter are often dull compared to the more exotic items that are dropped.
    Items often do not decay. So there is no need to get a new item or repair it. And, as a finishing touch, items made by a crafter are usually worse in stats than items dropped from bosses. All adventures want the items that are dropped from the bosses and not those of a crafter

The only crafting I see as viable are food, drinks and potions. Because they are consumable, you have to buy new ones when they are gone.

Here are some idea’s I have to counter this.

Have crafters be able to craft everything.
    Let items have some form of decay or get damaged, even the most elite items.
    Let crafters be able to repair those items for a price (adventurer pays the crafter!)
    Let crafters get xp  when repairing
    Let crafters be able to disassemble/salvage items beyond repair
    Let crafters be able learn how to make a crafted item when repairing or disassembling an item they do not know of.
    Have loot be an ingredient of a crafted item. Including loot of a rare loot of a boss.
    This way adventurers can sell their loot to a crafter and a crafter can sell their items to the adventurers.

I like to see crafting become more important than just a sidelined hobby in Pantheon. I hope to see some comments or other idea's

• 1785 posts
    February 18, 2020 9:48 AM PST

Hey Qulash, thanks for posting this.  I think you will find that most people in the community share many of your views and hopes for crafting in Pantheon.

At this point we are really waiting for Visionary Realms to start telling us what they're going to be doing.  Many of us have spent years arguing for many of the same things that you're asking for, and it's to the point where there's not much more we can say.  So if you don't get a lot of responses, it's only because of that, and not anything else.

I'm definitely looking forward to when VR finally starts talking about crafting, so that we can have some great discussions about it. :)