Forums » News and Announcements

The Making of Faerthale Dev Stream

• 62 posts
    February 18, 2020 3:01 PM PST

Ranarius said:

Not me, they were the wrong class skills :-p   haha

I hear ya - same goes for me, hah.

Jothany said:

I'll be watching it again this afternoon with my finger on the pause button hehe

I think I'll take another glance too.  A lot of the skills looked intriguing and I'm excited how many there were.

• 291 posts
    February 18, 2020 4:01 PM PST

I just wanted to thank vr for proving haters wrong, and keeping me satisfied with my investments in their project. Im beyond thrilled with the progress I see, not to mention the depth finally being brought to the table. Many thanks!

• 200 posts
    February 18, 2020 4:46 PM PST

Nice stream. Keep up the good work!

• 41 posts
    February 18, 2020 6:09 PM PST

How long until we will see a YouTube release of today's stream???  I missed most of it!!!

• 200 posts
    February 18, 2020 6:20 PM PST

MalFelis said:

How long until we will see a YouTube release of today's stream???  I missed most of it!!!

it's normally up the following day, but here it is on twitch if you don't want to wait...  https://www.twitch.tv/videos/554136033

• 41 posts
    February 18, 2020 6:25 PM PST

WarKnight said:

MalFelis said:

it's normally up the following day, but here it is on twitch if you don't want to wait...  https://www.twitch.tv/videos/554136033

Much THANKS!

• 48 posts
    February 19, 2020 7:16 AM PST

Celandor said:

Nlaene said:

Love Cohh, hes an amazing streamer and my favorite streamer.  Thanks VR for picking him to be the guy to do these streams.

I think it's nice when Cohh's mom drops by the forum.

Just kidding, Nlaene!   Cohh was a great choice.

Haha

• 96 posts
    February 19, 2020 7:48 AM PST

Great stream! Keep up the good work and I cannot wait to jump in game and go exploring. The Isle of Infinite Storms blew my mind. I jumped out of my chair in excitement! So cool! Onward and upward!

This post was edited by Neyos at February 19, 2020 10:21 AM PST
    • 71 posts
    February 19, 2020 9:18 AM PST

I'm not sure I hold the same excitment as others have in these posts. It's not about proving anyone right or wrong, I simply wanted to see more.

I'm glad they are working on the game, and glad to see the progress. It looks great.

However, I was hoping for a bit more in the stream. I would have liked to see some combat before and after the Codex upgrades, for example.

The Codex update does look good though.

I supose after contributing and waiting for four years I was expecting more in this particular stream.

• February 19, 2020 1:34 PM PST

Hello friends,

I just popped by to prune a few off-topic comments here.

Please do not let the conversation veer to personal comments, no matter HOW wrong the other person is, who started it or whose comment was worse. Don't make me pull this cart over!
    Be kind, ignore anything other than your own behavior here... the "Report" function is right there, should great justice need to be served!

Now, please carry on chatting about the Making of Faerthale stream!
    Brasse

• 68 posts
    February 20, 2020 9:22 AM PST

why werent you on the stream brasse!?!?! gotta say you bring a flavor to the streams that i greatly enjoy!

• 159 posts
    February 20, 2020 11:21 AM PST

Rhelic said:

why werent you on the stream brasse!?!?! gotta say you bring a flavor to the streams that i greatly enjoy!

And the ALE!!! She always has ALE.

• 291 posts
    February 20, 2020 11:30 AM PST

Frankly Ive been waiting on this game since 02/03, and Im seeing light at the end of THAT tunnel. Maybe thats why my cup over flows and Im so happy? I got over being butt hurt about my game getting developed during the vanguard debacle, where I wasted the lives of 86 men and women on a game that wasnt ready for them. <~~~~ This has a lot to do with why Im so excited about the approach pantheon has taken. Its as if all my ups and downs following brads games are being counted as lessons learned instead of marching me down a simular path over and over, and I deeply appreciate that. It shows me with actions rather than words, that they are more concerned with the health/quality of the game/vision than the wealth in their pockets.

Good things come to those who wait, If you try to rush you might abort another baby (like vg). You cannot rush a Picasso. You cannot rush a Bethoven. You could however hammer out another fast and furious over night. Theres a reason why theres no worth while mmo out there. Its not because the hearts to make them dont exist, its because the system of capitolism doesnt support heart based projects. Money pays for peoples time not their heart and this is the issue.

The severity of this project, especially after the passing of brad is such that we should just accept these guys feet are to the fire, day and night. They are not in a comfortable position, and we should comfort them rather than applying more pressure. It would result in a better experience overall. No one has even attempted to prove their case/cause behind negative theory crafting, because in truth they just want to assert their right to be a pita. They have no interest in compromise because they have zero interest in compassion for others. Its all about them and their desires/opinions, and so for them life is suffering.

such is life.

• 1992 posts
    February 20, 2020 12:15 PM PST

Vander said:

And the ALE!!! She always has ALE.

She does way better than that....she never brings *gag* Haggis!

• 839 posts
    February 20, 2020 7:38 PM PST

Alyonyah said:

Frankly Ive been waiting on this game since 02/03, and Im seeing light at the end of THAT tunnel. Maybe thats why my cup over flows and Im so happy? I got over being butt hurt about my game getting developed during the vanguard debacle, where I wasted the lives of 86 men and women on a game that wasnt ready for them. <~~~~ This has a lot to do with why Im so excited about the approach pantheon has taken. Its as if all my ups and downs following brads games are being counted as lessons learned instead of marching me down a simular path over and over, and I deeply appreciate that. It shows me with actions rather than words, that they are more concerned with the health/quality of the game/vision than the wealth in their pockets.

Good things come to those who wait, If you try to rush you might abort another baby (like vg). You cannot rush a Picasso. You cannot rush a Bethoven. You could however hammer out another fast and furious over night. Theres a reason why theres no worth while mmo out there. Its not because the hearts to make them dont exist, its because the system of capitolism doesnt support heart based projects. Money pays for peoples time not their heart and this is the issue.

The severity of this project, especially after the passing of brad is such that we should just accept these guys feet are to the fire, day and night. They are not in a comfortable position, and we should comfort them rather than applying more pressure. It would result in a better experience overall. No one has even attempted to prove their case/cause behind negative theory crafting, because in truth they just want to assert their right to be a pita. They have no interest in compromise because they have zero interest in compassion for others. Its all about them and their desires/opinions, and so for them life is suffering.

such is life.

Love it Aly, very thoughtful post and I hope enough eyes see it and consider adopting your philosophy! 

I thought the stream was bloody great! 

FT and the raid zone looks absolutely amazing, codex looks fantastic, when you guys were showing the evolution of UI and the codex in previous streams I actually was struggling to see how it was going to fit in with the overall style, but to then see it in game, it is really very VERY good and comes together very nicely with the overall UI etc! 

The few skill upgrades we saw seem great, they seemed meaningful and would definitely promote some good options in classes. It was great that the climbing happened organically just like you hoped Joppa, Its going to be a fun part of the game but more importantly it is going to add so much to the possibility of "where do we go next?  Lets try up!" 

All round it was just bloody great to see FT finally after that teaser trailer played in my mind for ages, thinking could it be as good as it looked on the trailer when we see it in stream, or was it all nicely polished in post.. and it was just as amazing as it looked in the trailer.  Blown away!

Love your work VR, heres one very happy camper saying thanks for the hard work under the tremendously difficult situation you have gone through in the past few months.

Excitedly awaiting the next update

• 248 posts
    February 21, 2020 6:31 AM PST

Thank you for a great stream and what a lovely place Faerthale is <3
    I can't wait to go exploring there myself!

-sorte.

• 287 posts
    February 21, 2020 10:49 AM PST

Lakland said:

I'm not sure I hold the same excitment as others have in these posts. It's not about proving anyone right or wrong, I simply wanted to see more.

I'm glad they are working on the game, and glad to see the progress. It looks great.

However, I was hoping for a bit more in the stream. I would have liked to see some combat before and after the Codex upgrades, for example.

The Codex update does look good though.

I supose after contributing and waiting for four years I was expecting more in this particular stream.

This was a stream geared towards a behind the scenes making of the zone to allow them to show grey boxing, concept art, and how that has turned into the in game content developed so far. This should be a spring board to actual game play streams in the future, and I loved that the devs wanted to make sure they weren't giving away too much because they specifically wanted it be mysterious for the PA5 testers, which is actually pretty wise as they'll get better feedback as to whether their intricate quest development is too nuanced and hard to pick up, or maybe too "theme park" and needing further refinement.

The balance of letting us look under the hood and keeping the beans is a fine line to walk!