Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Website updates

• 24 posts
    January 16, 2020 5:14 PM PST

Is it just me or has the news section not been updated since october?    Is anyone still maintaining the site pantheonmmo.com?   I know video news is being published, why not post it

• 1273 posts
    January 16, 2020 5:16 PM PST

I'm not sure why they're not posting it there, but there has been news since Oct.  There is a webcast thingy tonight actually, starting in 45 minutes.

https://www.twitch.tv/visionaryrealms

• 24 posts
    January 16, 2020 5:25 PM PST

Thats what i am saying.  I know there is new content.   I just don't understand why let the main site News get out of date

This post was edited by Jaced at January 16, 2020 5:39 PM PST
    • 21 posts
    January 16, 2020 5:35 PM PST

Jaced said:

Is it just me or has the news section not been updated since october?    Is anyone still maintaining the site pantheonmmo.com?   I know video news is being published, why not post it

I agree. Updating any recent news via the news section would go a long way in reassuring people that hear about the game that development is going well. As a newer pledger, I had to dig a little deeper to see that the developers were still actively communicating to the public. Finding the links to the Cohh stream, producers letter, and developer stream in December were big deciding factors for me in deciding to pledge. If you click "News" on the website, none of those things show up. It's possible this stems from the new "Video Newsletter" format, but I doubt that because the October newsletter accounced that change. Regardless, I've seen multiple long-time supporters express that the "News" section needs to be updated.

• 557 posts
    January 17, 2020 5:43 AM PST

There are lots of things that need to be updated: Brad is still listed as CCO on both the Pantheon and VR web sites, new forum software hasn't been launched, etc.

Let's take this as evidence that the game is the priority right now and has their entire focus.

I'd like to say an extra big thanks to the folks at VR for the bi-monthly video streams.  Obviously you guys are doing this outside normal work hours and sacrificing even more of your time to slake the community's thirst for Pantheon information.

• 3852 posts
    January 17, 2020 6:50 AM PST

((Let's take this as evidence that the game is the priority right now and has their entire focus.))

The game should never be the *entire* focus. It doesn't take much time to update things. An hour a week? Less? By this I mean simply updating information in the format they already use - not changing the format.

That hour would more than pay for itself in giving a better impression to potential pledgers, investors and others of a game moving forward and a company sufficiently  staffed and active to encourage public interest.

• 1921 posts
    January 17, 2020 7:47 AM PST

Logic, dorotea? Crazy talk! :)

• 22 posts
    January 17, 2020 7:51 AM PST

Some good thoughts here. It is the main thing new pledges see when looking up or visiting the site. But also agree with Celandor that hopefully, it shows the main focus is getting alpha out. 

• 31 posts
    January 17, 2020 7:54 AM PST

At one point last year, they hired a full stack web develeper Mary Conley (sp? ) who was with the company for about 7 months according to her linkedin profile.  It seems to me in those 7 months a whole bunch of nothing got done to the website which is very unfortunate.

-Jaz

• 3852 posts
    January 17, 2020 9:49 AM PST

((It seems to me in those 7 months a whole bunch of nothing got done to the website which is very unfortunate.))

They got off to a very slow start. Nothing happened the first month. But then they got everything going smoothly and doubled their progress every month afterwards.

• 520 posts
    January 17, 2020 1:04 PM PST

As Vandraad in PP stream said - they should just make/release progression (development) journal/notes.

Focus on the game is way more important and I guess we are still at the point where not many things are set in stone.

Gamepedia have pretty current info.

• 2419 posts
    January 17, 2020 1:46 PM PST

When I've tried to promote VR to friends and they ask me where they can get more information, I just shrug and say "check google".  Which is not the answer I should be giving people. I should be telling them to visit this website, but that is not a good answer either. 

The media page:  10 screenshots from all of 1019, followed by 6 images from 2017. WTF. 

Videos? The most recent is from Apr 2017.

Audio podcast?  January 2017.

Concept art? unchanged from 2014. 

Dev diaries?  June 2016.

The FAQ?  last updated 2017.

• 65 posts
    January 17, 2020 2:42 PM PST

I strongly agree that not updating sections like the News section is self defeating. It gives people(especially new people) the idea that progress has stopped or stagnated. It also gives a false impression that there is no news, podcasts, streams etc. to check out. It's a very low cost yet high yield thing that is not being done. It could really help recruit and/or keep people interested in the game's progress. 

This post was edited by phil85 at January 17, 2020 2:43 PM PST
    • 287 posts
    January 17, 2020 3:24 PM PST

I've mentioned this in another thread, but not updating the News section is a missed opportunity in directing people to the twitch page and getting those video views up. The more eyeballs on those videos the better. Not only does that help get the word out, but that also necessarily helps with new pledges.