Forums » Fan Fiction

Telan’s Tale (Full Gnome Edition)

• 197 posts
    December 10, 2019 4:04 AM PST

Well, I finished my gnome story. May I present the completed “Telan’s Tale”. The first 4 chapters I have posted here previously, and the fifth and final chapter (as well as the epilogue) are new and included here. 

In addition, I an happy to present the excellent artwork of Grime to accompany my words! I am so pleased with our collaboration on this little project and want to highlight how well I think his art style fits the character of the story. I’ll let him chime in here, but just want to say that it has been fun to work with another member of the community while we wait for Pantheon.

As an aside, this was my first stab at creative writing. I was inspired by some of the very talented writers in this community, and of course, our amazing loremaster Justin “Istuulamae” Gerhart. I really enjoyed this endeavour and plan to continue writing. The tone of Telan’s Tale is light-hearted for the most part, and I just wanted to have fun doing it. There was not a lot of pre-planning or forethought that went into the story (which isn’t hard to see), but like I said, this was just to test the waters so to speak. I am well into the next piece I am working on, and it has a much more somber tone and larger scope. Hopefully my writing will level up somewhere along the way. 

Anyway, hope you enjoyed the tale. Thanks for the feedback!

Link to PDF version: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tBnIvnvNinn8zI6G4y1F6RT7TZ5sKvvt/view?usp=drivesdk

Link to EPUB version: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WQPPKGpFD77xdrcHPZV87pqBecedeLL-/view?usp=drivesdk

• 291 posts
    December 10, 2019 5:52 AM PST

"Dedicated to all the weary travellers of realm after realm, seeking a home and community, but finding only empty, soulless spaces. Let us meet on terminus and share an adventure and story we wont soon forget"

I will see you there my friend.

• 337 posts
    December 10, 2019 8:21 AM PST

Ditto, Alyonyah.  Therek, well done for your first time out of the gate!  It's a fun story.  I'm looking forward to the next one man.  Darker and more somber? I need you to counterbalance the tragic tales of the house of Honnai!  Where will people turn to esccape the darkness taking over the fan fic message board? Candy Crush?

• 197 posts
    December 11, 2019 10:39 AM PST

Thanks to both of you!

Benonai - I think you answered your own question. Your next story will need to be the fantasical tale of Quaandi Krush, an orgress who doesn’t fit into the serious Warrior culture of Ogre society. You’re welcome :) 

• 47 posts
    June 10, 2020 4:58 PM PDT

Just finished this.  For sake of spoilers, how dare you kill you know who off!  I'd love to know what happened in those last seconds of that icy chamber.  Wink Wink, nudge nudge.

This post was edited by techninja1337 at June 10, 2020 5:00 PM PDT