Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

In response to the news about Brad....

• 1584 posts
    November 20, 2019 2:35 AM PST
    R.I.P. Brad Mcquaid, a.k.a Aradune Mithara, your family has my condolences.
    • 724 posts
    November 20, 2019 3:21 AM PST
    Saddened by the passing of that man. He touched millions with what he helped create and brought laughter and joy to his fellow humans. Prayer and peace be upon those who knew him well.
    • 291 posts
    November 20, 2019 4:56 AM PST

I feel soooooo much love from this community today, and its a beautiful thing in light of the darkness. Thanks for your postings and also for your moderating. Im glad to hear positivity from the crew immediately on the heels of this disaster, and Im sure much of the community is encouraged by your speaking up so soon and so boldly. I have upto this point been patiently waiting for this creation... Its true I had a personal interest, but its now a personal mission to see this through. This event has caused me to reflect on my time in eq/vanguard and made me realize what it is that I loved so much...

I was a guild leader for many years in EQ...... I cannot tell you people how many people I was able to talk off of one ledge or another in their life.... EQ was for me a doorway into the lives of many broken people who were just looking for a friend, and I was able to connect with them in truth due to the anonymity online gaming provided (ego stripper) combined with the requirement of working together for a common goal (communion). This formula essentially creates fuel for a spiritual event (awakening), and this awakening is a repeatable recreatable scientific phenomena that everyone can achieve (hemispheric balance of mind). Somewhere inside me is dying to spread that message and my intuition tells me Pantheon is the place to do so (while having fun on a grand new adventure). I have been silently creating content for my guild which is still to be announced....

Lets get this pledge run into overdrive, and lets get this game made! This IS the final mcquaid game. This IS the vision completed. Im all in, and Im challenging everyone to pull together and get more serious in light of the darkness.

Dark to Light~Malkiyah

• 1019 posts
    November 20, 2019 5:14 AM PST

Never realised how much a man that I had only brief talks with would really impact you when you hear of their passing.  I always thought he a bit excentric in his grand scheme of ideas, but always like him as a person.  So sad to see him go.  I was honestly looking forward to playing this game with him.

• 1247 posts
    November 20, 2019 5:56 AM PST

I am so upset and am angry. I played his trilogy (ClassicEQ + Kunark + Velious), so of course Brad was special to me and many thousands of others. Brad was VERY special to me. You are right and it’s important we bring his vision to life. Pantheon will be that much more embraced. 

This post was edited by Syrif at November 20, 2019 8:04 AM PST
    • 145 posts
    November 20, 2019 6:37 AM PST

I was devestated when I heard the news. I couldn't believe it for awhile, then it started setting in. I hate it because I wanted to see Brad able to see a game through from start to finish without being rushed by investors and without outside interference. I wanted to see what his imagination would produce after EQ. As someone stated above his fingerprints are all over this game and I think the team knew him enough and have enough of his vision to finish the game the way he would have wanted. He had such a unique outlook on everything. Things other developers don't understand or overlook or passby. 

Being someone who played Vanguard even though it was rushed to release and realizing it's full potential and seeing what an amazing world he created gave me such goosebumps when I heard he was creating a new game. I too will add to my pledge to do my part to see this game through and see his vision and the teams vision of this game. It does take more than one person to develop these games and nobody knew that more than Brad. I'm sure he has the right people ready to step up and take charge and lead this game to the finish line.

My condolences to his family, and the development team. It's never easy to lose someone who has such an impact on your every day life. I lost my dad about a year ago. He was my father, best friend, boss, and mentor in every way. Life has been hard moving on without him but I have found a way to and I just hope that his family at home and at VR can find a way to pick up the pieces and keep on rolling along. It's what Brad would have wanted. 

• 291 posts
    November 20, 2019 6:51 AM PST

Moloka said:

I was devestated when I heard the news. I couldn't believe it for awhile, then it started setting in. I hate it because I wanted to see Brad able to see a game through from start to finish without being rushed by investors and without outside interference. I wanted to see what his imagination would produce after EQ. As someone stated above his fingerprints are all over this game and I think the team knew him enough and have enough of his vision to finish the game the way he would have wanted. He had such a unique outlook on everything. Things other developers don't understand or overlook or passby. 

Being someone who played Vanguard even though it was rushed to release and realizing it's full potential and seeing what an amazing world he created gave me such goosebumps when I heard he was creating a new game. I too will add to my pledge to do my part to see this game through and see his vision and the teams vision of this game. It does take more than one person to develop these games and nobody knew that more than Brad. I'm sure he has the right people ready to step up and take charge and lead this game to the finish line.

My condolences to his family, and the development team. It's never easy to lose someone who has such an impact on your every day life. I lost my dad about a year ago. He was my father, best friend, boss, and mentor in every way. Life has been hard moving on without him but I have found a way to and I just hope that his family at home and at VR can find a way to pick up the pieces and keep on rolling along. It's what Brad would have wanted. 

Thank you for your continuing and renewed support..... it is appreciated and needed. However I would like to change the narrative from Brad is gone and wont be able to see the project or offer his input.... To brad is now able to finish this last project from the otherside, ensuring the most refined and fabulous product through his final sacrifice of self. I know its unbelievable but Ive died and returned. When I was dead I could see through everyones eyes... hear through everyones ears... and experience all lives through everyones hearts. I believe in my personal experience so deeply that I am absolutely confident that Aradune is now in this space looking through the eyes, ears, and hearts of the gamers he inspired/will inspire with this final Great Work. Im also confident he can still communicate via "intuition" that the devs recieve on this side. I know it sounds crazy.... but if you pay very close attention you can actually see it with your own eye.

Even if what Im saying here is utter bullshit.... its a better attitude to carry is it not? It certainly fills me with optimism, where as seeing brad as gone fills me with despair. We shouldnt put him into the grave of our heart/mind, we should elevate him into the immortal realms. We can easily do this with Pantheon : RISE OF THE FALLEN!

• 3852 posts
    November 20, 2019 7:20 AM PST

Indded a shock though we all go sooner or later. RIP. Thank's Brasse.

• 31 posts
    November 20, 2019 7:27 AM PST

Condolences go out to the family and close friends and the VR team. It seems very sudden, power to you all.

EQ was a special and ive heard this news while being in Norrath which, feels very strange. I hope the VR team can bring the Terminus vision to life. Chris Perkins and the rest of VR godspeed, may you all be able to carry on the mantle.

RIP Brad.

• 671 posts
    November 20, 2019 9:13 AM PST

I am utterly speechless and was brought to tears this morning...! 

RIP Aradune..!

Cormamin niuve tenna' ta elea lle au'

-Sylvain

• 103 posts
    November 20, 2019 11:37 AM PST
    RIP Brad, you will be greatly missed and never forgotten.
    • 85 posts
    November 20, 2019 1:51 PM PST
    Thank you Brasse.
    • 432 posts
    November 20, 2019 2:13 PM PST

• 159 posts
    November 20, 2019 3:01 PM PST

Kilsin said:

Thread cleaned up, please be respectful during this time.

I owe the community an apology. I'm sorry for letting my emotions to get the best of me. I will do my best to try are not let it happen again. Two wrongs don't make a right and I should have been the better person.

• 291 posts
    November 20, 2019 3:39 PM PST

I owe the community an apology. I'm sorry for letting my emotions to get the best of me. I will do my best to try are not let it happen again. Two wrongs don't make a right and I should have been the better person.

It was a rough week. We all had a tough time. Its ok. :) Time to heal.

• 945 posts
    November 20, 2019 4:07 PM PST

There must be monuments of Aradune in Thronefast and artifacts around Terminus with lore about his great accomplishments.

This post was edited by Darch at November 20, 2019 4:09 PM PST
    • 11 posts
    November 20, 2019 4:28 PM PST

I'll be doubling my pledge as well as soon as I'm able. This man helped create some of the greatest memories from my childhood. Lasting and everpresent. He's a legend become Myth. God Speed Brad, you will be sorely missed!

• 211 posts
    November 20, 2019 4:36 PM PST

I'm so going to miss Brad's laugh on-stream while their group is wiping cause they're trying to answer questions instead of focusing on the fight. I'm heartbroken :(

• 291 posts
    November 20, 2019 4:48 PM PST

TomParker350 said:

I'll be doubling my pledge as well as soon as I'm able. This man helped create some of the greatest memories from my childhood. Lasting and everpresent. He's a legend become Myth. God Speed Brad, you will be sorely missed!

/hat tip thanks for helping.

• 613 posts
    November 20, 2019 5:42 PM PST

Thank you Brad for helping me to get closer with my father that passed away earlier this year with the worlds you helped create.  Years of fun and adventure that I will never forget.  

A Crusaders salute in your honor and my condolences to his family and the VR Team.   I will miss your dedication to vision Sir.

Ox

• 4 posts
    November 20, 2019 8:44 PM PST
    Thank you for all the adventures and opportunities to make new friends because of your vision. My thoughts and prayers go with you and your family.
    • 26 posts
    November 21, 2019 5:42 AM PST

I have been watching Pantheon for a couple of years from the distance.  I just pledged in order to make Brad's vision a reality.  

• 220 posts
    November 21, 2019 5:49 AM PST

Simms59 said:

I have been watching Pantheon for a couple of years from the distance.  I just pledged in order to make Brad's vision a reality.  

Thank you @Simms59

• 6 posts
    November 21, 2019 7:55 AM PST

Alyonyah said:

Im doubling my pledge in an effort to push his final vision to its fruition. I hope anyone who can afford to considers it. Much love Pantheoners.

Good on you, Aly. You inspired me to upgrade as well, from Adviser to Black Rose. I'm not so close to the process that I know a lot of people involved, but reading about what Brad meant to Everquest and Pantheon, I felt an urge to help out however I could.

I hope the team and Brad's family and friends are doing well in this trying time, and that we are able to help see Brad's vision through.

• 3852 posts
    November 21, 2019 9:10 AM PST

I intend to upgrade but I am waiting to see how the new pledge system works before deciding where the money goes.

If not for that Black Rose definitely appeals to me. The White Rose was one of my favorite books (Glen Cook Black Company series).