Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

In response to the news about Brad....

• 291 posts
    November 19, 2019 5:03 PM PST

Im doubling my pledge in an effort to push his final vision to its fruition. I hope anyone who can afford to considers it. Much love Pantheoners.

• 13 posts
    November 19, 2019 5:08 PM PST

RIP Brad.

• 1247 posts
    November 19, 2019 5:43 PM PST

Thank you for delivering the best mmorpg to ever exist, you know of which I mean. Thank you for Kunark and Velious. Many of us will cherish the days of old forever. I am sorry for your family. I really doubt I will ever see a good mmorpg again. Sad for me that the single reason I came here is now gone. Best of luck Pantheon..

Like Keith A. Parkinson and so many others, may you RIP Aradune.

• 291 posts
    November 19, 2019 5:50 PM PST

Syrif said:

Thank you for delivering the best mmorpg to ever exist, you know of which I mean. Thank you for Kunark and Velious. Many of us will cherish the days of old forever. I am sorry for your family. I really doubt I will ever see a good mmorpg again. Sad for me that the single reason I came here is now gone. Best of luck Pantheon..

Im guessing your emotions are high but shouldnt we see his vision through then if we hold him in such high regard? This would be better than giving up and dishonoring the mans efforts.

• 1247 posts
    November 19, 2019 6:22 PM PST

I suppose you are right

This post was edited by Syrif at November 19, 2019 8:47 PM PST
    • 454 posts
    November 19, 2019 7:07 PM PST
    I’m with Vander, and Alyonyah. I’m crushed at the loss of Aradune. Brad was a great guy and an innovator. Tomorrow I’m doubling my pledge. I want to see Brads vision come true.
    • 220 posts
    November 19, 2019 7:29 PM PST

Damn...... This is hard for me...Because of The Ledgend "Aradune" Brad...committment to bringing old school back and cared for us forgotten niche crowd... i Pledge awhile back..Ive NEVER made a pledge in my entire life to any game or kickstarter because i alway thought it was a scam but Brad and VR was dilegent and faithful that i made my FIRST PLEDGE to Patheon RotF.....

Dam....I thought this was a joke......

RIP Brad The Ledgend "Aradune"

:(

• 9115 posts
    November 19, 2019 7:35 PM PST

Thread cleaned up, please be respectful during this time.

• 291 posts
    November 19, 2019 7:54 PM PST

Syrif said:

Alyonyah said:

Syrif said:

Im guessing your emotions are high but shouldnt we see his vision through then if we hold him in such high regard? This would be better than giving up and dishonoring the mans efforts.

I suppose you are right

<3 Much love.

• 15 posts
    November 19, 2019 8:04 PM PST

I wanted to send my condolences to the team, his friends and family. I am so very sorry for your loss.

EQ, and more to the point the many friends I've made from the game are a wonderfull part of a life made better for his work in this hobby we share.

Hopefully he'll have the next world designed when it's my time to log in there.

This post was edited by diableri at November 19, 2019 8:05 PM PST
    • 1247 posts
    November 19, 2019 8:51 PM PST

@Alyonyah Thank you. I am so upset right now :/

• 523 posts
    November 19, 2019 8:59 PM PST

Terrible tragic news.  Regardless, VR is going to need to speak to what this means for the state of this game going forward.  Brad was very important to this project as the principal investor and salesman of the game.  How does this tragic loss effect the development of this game?  On one hand, I'd love to see Brad's final project be finished and succeed, but on the other hand, it seems this might lead to shuttering the project.  Hard to see this as anything less than an insurmountable setback.  Look forward to hearing the official State of the Game and how VR is moving forward.

• 5 posts
    November 19, 2019 9:36 PM PST
    This is crushing. McQuaid family you are held in the hearts of many.

EQ came in to my life at 9 years old and that experience is cherished to this day as well as being an aspiring dev after all of the daily office picture posts on the Vanguard website back when that was in development. I one day hoped to have him as a mentor but then again he has already given me so much resonation. Loved this mans philosophy and perspective.

VR team, I have to say that you are an extremely talented and driven group and I am so excited for what you have done thus far and for what we will see in the future.  I can only imagine what this loss is like for you all but I feel that this emotion is going to turn into something incredible.

I will be pulling an all nighter in ode the the man, the legend, the stinky...Aradune. Welcome to the Pantheon.
  • November 19, 2019 9:40 PM PST

The entire team is devastated by this tragic loss. However, it is a team, fully committed to the passion project of Pantheon, which could never have been completed by one person.

Brad's vision has imbued and driven the heart of this game, and inhabits every aspect of its essence.
    His family has already given it's blessing for the Pantheon family to carry on, and so it shall.

The team is working on the upcoming video newsletter for November.
    Saddened but not diminished.
    Brasse

• 1921 posts
    November 19, 2019 9:48 PM PST

Brasse said:

The entire team is devastated by this tragic loss. However, it is a team, fully committed to the passion project of Pantheon, which could never have been completed by one person.

Brad's vision has imbued and driven the heart of this game, and inhabits every aspect of its essence.
    His family has already given it's blessing for the Pantheon family to carry on, and so it shall.

Brasse

Thanks, Brasse.  This information is very much appreciated.

• 5 posts
    November 19, 2019 10:00 PM PST

You guys rock. Thank you Brasse.

• 2 posts
    November 19, 2019 10:57 PM PST

So sad to hear this news. You will be missed Brad.

Condolences to your family.

This post was edited by HalflingDruid at November 19, 2019 10:58 PM PST
    • 65 posts
    November 19, 2019 11:21 PM PST

Very sad news. Brad will be missed. May Pantheon become a living tribute to Brad, his vision, and all his hard work. 

This post was edited by phil85 at November 19, 2019 11:48 PM PST
    • 40 posts
    November 19, 2019 11:23 PM PST

Such sad and unexpected news. Brad you will be truely missed by so many worldwide, Thank you for the worlds you created and the adventures you opened up that we could explore. May your dreams live on.

My thoughts are with everyone affected

• 47 posts
    November 20, 2019 12:08 AM PST

vjek said:

Brasse said:

Brasse

Thanks, Brasse.  This information is very much appreciated.

Indeed, in this sad moment, we also need to carry on with our hope to journey through his dream.

• 119 posts
    November 20, 2019 12:13 AM PST

I'll be sending my xmas bonus right into my pledge. My life literally would not be what it is today without his contributions to the gaming industry, and the worlds he created that absorbed me during my teenage years.

• 839 posts
    November 20, 2019 12:29 AM PST
    .... I am so sorry to hear that, that's just awful. Brad has enriched my life so much with EQ and now his vision of Pantheon. He will be sorely missed. Condolences to all who are close to him.

Doubling my pledge
    • 48 posts
    November 20, 2019 1:35 AM PST

Brasse said:

Brasse

So unexpected. I could hardly believe it when I heard and started fact checking. I can only imagine how hard this is for you all, and can only wish you all the best.

• 520 posts
    November 20, 2019 1:41 AM PST

The only death that saddened me more was that of my grandpa. You will be missed Brad!

Condolences to the family. 

• 213 posts
    November 20, 2019 2:01 AM PST
    Let’s all band together and help make Brad’s vision for this game happen. I can think of no better way to honor this man and the team he loves by doing everything we can to see it through for him and I know we can do it.