Forums » News and Announcements

Oct. 2019 Video Newsletter - YouTube Version (with fixed audio!)

• VR Staff
    • 104 posts
    October 24, 2019 7:14 AM PDT

In this episode Creative Director Chris Perkins outlines racial passive abilities. JN Gerhart shows us the Spriggans from concept to model. And we wrap up it all up with some Burning Questions from the community.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGUQ3hpZNks

• 429 posts
    October 24, 2019 7:26 AM PDT

Fantastic , really enjoyed all of it . great info on racials by Chris . 

• 36 posts
    October 24, 2019 8:23 AM PDT

The presentation of the entire video newsletter was spot on. The early summary of what was covered, frequency of news letters and clarifying that written newsletters will continue was taking an extra step in the right direction. The playfulness was also pretty cool, super corny, but set a good tone for the newsletter that was beneficial. The background music was also a nice touch. Chris, you can read me night time stories anytime. Maybe alternate nighs with JN Gerhart, as you both did an excellent job at showcasing your respective material in a clear manner.

Looking forward to the 4th teaser!

Also, loved the background graphics

Side note about the Racial Passives: I'm sure much won't change but I had a concern with one of them. The Skar increased movement speed when in range of other Skars by 5% seems to be the most variable and conditional, to me. I would rather see a 2% speed increase for being a Skar with a predator mentality, as described in the video by Chris. Although I do understand how the Raptor refernce, and in packs, aligns with this passive. Just to conditional and uncontrollable for my liking is all. If you want to take the predator mentality one step further, then we could apply a 2% movement speed boost to characters that are dual weilding any weapon (no off-hand/shield). 

Also, I pulled 2% out of thin air, change that as you may.

This post was edited by ipDRe at October 24, 2019 10:50 AM PDT
    • 1281 posts
    October 24, 2019 12:16 PM PDT

Very enjoyable. Thanks!

• 624 posts
    October 24, 2019 3:59 PM PDT

Nicely done, thanks Ben, Chris, Dave and Justin. It was all enjoyable and good fun, but you know my vote for best moment was when Joppa said:

...and while there's some debate, the bards of Thronefast probably write the catchiest songs.

This post was edited by Kumu at October 25, 2019 2:27 AM PDT
    • 36 posts
    October 24, 2019 7:10 PM PDT

I enjoyed this much better than the newsletters. If this was a newsletter I would have skipped right over the spriggan info, but having someone present it to me like this, I found it more interesting than I generally would. Looking forward to the next one.

• 257 posts
    October 24, 2019 7:19 PM PDT

Holy crap Joppa. Looks like you've aged 20 years. What are they doing to you? lol

• 36 posts
    October 25, 2019 7:16 PM PDT

I have to say I was really impressed that you guys have done away with us having to read the newsletter and done it in video format and whilst you know I'm not a fan of wasting time on things like this am very pleased you did this as it's far more friendlier and allows us to chill and take it all in. So thanks again.

This post was edited by Asbo at October 25, 2019 7:17 PM PDT
    • 1247 posts
    November 4, 2019 8:55 AM PST

Terrific!

#communitymatters #makenightmatteragain #factionsmatter #riskvsreward #deathpenalty #HellLevels

This post was edited by Syrif at November 8, 2019 5:39 AM PST