Forums » Pantheon Classes

Trying to decide on a class.

• 34 posts
    October 17, 2019 8:15 PM PDT

Hello all. 

Now, I know the answers to a lot of my questions are going to be unknown at this point in the development cycle and that's OK, but I'm trying to get a feel for what's out there and I have not been keeping up to speed with the development journals and podcasts and all that so what little information I have kept up to speed on is mostly from the website here. Feel free to point me to any relevant videos and I will happily go there.

The situation:  I live in Taiwan. While I will play during my mornings, which will be the evenings for the United States where I imagine most of the player base will be situated, evenings will also be a time when I play and thus having something to do in game especially things like... making progress/leveling/etc. will have to be available. I played EQ from launch until around whatever came after Ykesha era and I dabbled a bit in EQ2 and Vanguard, so I am familiar with what the dev team puts out... but... I have to come out and say it... there are times when I feel soloing is going to be a necessity in my game play experience. Its not that I don't like grouping-- I tend to favor playing either healers (cleric) or mages (enchanter/etc.). It's just that since my play times are not really in synch with the rest of the player base, it will be difficult to find groups all the time at least so I imagine it.

So, the main question and problem I have is-- A group class with some ability to progress in a meaningful way solo when the grouping availability goes down. While I have been looking at the druid with some interest, I am a little worried that the devs still seem to be making the same mistake (IMO) of not giving all healers an XP res in a game where XP loss on death occurs. It makes the one class (cleric) pretty much a must have in groups as you get higher level where the XP loss becomes more significant. I don't know how far they're going with XP loss in this game, but I am currently imagining a EQ model where level loss is possible as opposed to something like DAoC where level loss wasn't possible and you even got half-level safe resting spots in higher levels. I've been looking at the summoner a bit too, but I'm worried about ease of finding a group when they will be available. Other than that, I'm not really sure which class(es) will be capable of soloing if any at all and I'm wondering if any of you guys out there might have some insights for me on that.

• 520 posts
    October 17, 2019 8:44 PM PDT

Although it was said many times that Pantheon is not designed for solo play, it will be possible - i'm guessing a bit harder to do than in eq (esp due to mob dispositions). I'd expect Summoners and Necros to be one of the most succesfull classes at soloing (followed by enchanter and wizard). Few days ago there was a topic summarising polls concerning races and classes and if any part of it were true any dps class will be in high demand. But anything at this point is pretty much guessing. We have a long way till alpha, not to mention official launch.

• 34 posts
    October 17, 2019 8:54 PM PDT

Hegenox said:

Although it was said many times that Pantheon is not designed for solo play, it will be possible - i'm guessing a bit harder to do than in eq (esp due to mob dispositions). I'd expect Summoners and Necros to be one of the most succesfull classes at soloing (followed by enchanter and wizard). Few days ago there was a topic summarising polls concerning races and classes and if any part of it were true any dps class will be in high demand. But anything at this point is pretty much guessing. We have a long way till alpha, not to mention official launch.

Yeah, I figured as much. Are necromancers confirmed for release? I thought 12 were confirmed for release and 12 are in the classes, but necro is not among them. I've been hearing the same thing or similar for Bard though flipping throug the forums.

• 520 posts
    October 17, 2019 9:01 PM PDT

Bards will PROBABLY be at release and Necros post release most likely, but "anything is subjected to change" xP

• 1 posts
    October 19, 2019 2:34 AM PDT

Well hi all iam trying to work out what race is the best for a Shaman?

• 500 posts
    October 19, 2019 5:47 AM PDT

Dadgar said:

I don't think we have enough information to determine this atm, but with the upcoming newsletter(s) slated to cover racial passive/active abilities we should be better equipped to do so.

• 520 posts
    October 20, 2019 7:25 AM PDT

Dadgar said:

Shaman race selection ain't big and pretty much all fit the class pretty well (and no - I can't say the same thing about most races)  - so as Grymmlocke said - best to wait for racials reveal.

• 62 posts
    October 30, 2019 6:08 AM PDT

Just to clear up at least one thing, it's been stated that de-leveling will most likely not occur because of "oddities" that can happen.  Instead there will be an "xp debt" which I imagine will just be a negative balance while you retain your level.  Of course things can change until launch.

• 500 posts
    October 30, 2019 6:18 AM PDT

At max level an xp penalty is meaningless without the possibility of deleveling.

This post was edited by Grymmlocke at October 30, 2019 6:18 AM PDT
    • 520 posts
    October 30, 2019 4:03 PM PDT

Grymmlocke said:

At max level an xp penalty is meaningless without the possibility of deleveling.

Unless there is a way in which we could spend the "extra" exp - such as unlocking new abilities, leveling old ones, transferring it into something (as a form of crafting perhaps), using it as magical energy to open some eng-game dungeons etc - countless possibilities

• 137 posts
    November 7, 2019 6:55 AM PST
    If they have AA experience then it will not be meaningless