Forums » Crafting and Gathering

Exceptional items

• 4 posts
    July 8, 2019 6:09 AM PDT

Just curious.

Will there be different levels of crafting? When I maxed out blacksmithing in Ultima Online and reached Grandmaster, my characters name was placed on every item I created.

Will there be something similar to this?

• 2419 posts
    July 8, 2019 8:41 AM PDT

We do not know yet.  There has been little to nothing definitive releasted about crafting mechanics, just that there will be crafting.

• 372 posts
    July 8, 2019 1:16 PM PDT

I sure hope so!  

Welcome to the forums! 

• 1315 posts
    July 9, 2019 6:56 AM PDT

Hoping we get to hear from Corey again soon but we likely will not be able to until he is no longer being held hostage to Project Faerthale which is what the team is hardcore sprinting towards.

Launching of Project Faerthale will likely be a watershed moment for VR as it will showcase the first real look at the game and will encompasses more actual game play than all of Ashes of Creation at this point.  After that they will be able to start PA5 with a likely PA6 feedback adjustment patch after that before any chance of Alpha.  That game state will likely also encourage more corporate level investment which could significantly grow the team to get the game to market faster.

As long as crafting and its role in the life cycle of the game is established at least on paper for PA5 then actually fleshing out many of the nuts and bolts could be a late alpha or early beta tweak.

• 81 posts
    July 26, 2019 12:43 PM PDT

Adding your name to items would be awesome,  but hopefully restricted in some form.

I would really hate to see some guy (and you know people would) make 100 swords and drop them all over the place to get his name out there.

• 4 posts
    July 26, 2019 5:03 PM PDT

Just make the process of adding your name to an item associated with a cost or only applicable to items of a certain value. This will prevent folks from abusing it in the example you suggest.

This post was edited by DaveyJones at July 27, 2019 2:30 PM PDT