Forums » Pantheon Races

• 372 posts
    April 25, 2019 7:24 AM PDT

Searched the forums for "orc" and found no results. So let's go! Any thoughts about them? 

Many of you know the orc lore but I wanted a thread in which to discuss them.  The attention to the race and the creation of it's lore really elevates the game as a whole, for me. It explains so much more then who/what they are, it goes as far as to explain why they won't leave after we kill them in an area, why they haven't already been wiped from the land, and it even offers hints about the bosses and powers behind the orcs. This is one of my most liked parts of the lore and I will think of Orcs as a true race when playing Pantheon.

• 24 posts
    April 29, 2019 12:12 AM PDT

I'm so sad that the orcs wont be a playable race, at least not at launch. I'm having such a hard time decided what race to play, especially because I plan on being a warrior and I have every race other than gnome to choose from. If orcs were playable, I'd pick one and never look back. Hopefully they'll be playable in an expansion or something, because I really want to be one!

They remind me of Vikings. They settled their lands and adapted to the climate (which would give players some really cool customization options), they aren't a whole collective group but the Bloodsworn Covenant keeps each tribe tied to the others, and they aren't animals, but they aren't as civilized as other races like humans or dwarves, either. Reminds me of 800-1000 AD vikings vs England.

As someone who plans on playing on an RP server, the history with the Bloodsworn Covenant and the Kaa'ruk would be really cool to build a character around and explain how he either subscribes to those rules or abandoned them and went solo. So many cool ideas that I have floating around in my head. And to top it all of, their models look super cool. I'm really sad.

• 372 posts
    April 29, 2019 11:06 AM PDT

Totally. I think the orcs would be the most fun to play in-character. It could be a little wierd that you're killing other orcs. They'd have to come up with a reason for it. That said this is one of many areas where I see possible expansion in the game. There is so much lore that I find it hard to believe VR will ever run out of ideas. 

As for Vikings, I never would have made that connection but it's cool. I'll think about that.